“beyond expectation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai

You added Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai to your Saves list
Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Rd | PO Box 9544, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
Ibis Advance Saver
Ranked #221 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
Tehran, Iran
“beyond expectation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel is officially 2-star, but you'll find it much better than a 3* hotel! It's big, clean and beautiful hotel just near the Dubai exhibition.
The room was so clean, big enough, calm and well decorated. The breakfast was good, but it wasn't very exciting, although it was very good for a 2* hotel.
I booked the room for 255 UAD including breakfast and free internet. By the way, the internet WiFi wasn't free even in lobby and the signal strength and speed was quite fair in our room.
It's located 2mins from metro station. So it's absolutely perfect for those who come for exhibition and want to be in Dubai business area with tight budget.
I and my wife went there for vacation though and it was also perfect for couples. It's located at the beginning of modern Dubai (Sheikh Zayed road), so you are close to attractions.
There wasn't any swimming pool or gym in the hotel (I think because of this, it's 2*, otherwise it would be 4*), but you can use the facilities of Novotel hotel which it's 3 min walk by there.

Room Tip: 1- Ask the receptionist for smoke/non smoke room when checking in. 2- The back rooms (to the East...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Novotel-Ibis-WTC, General Manager at Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Greetings from Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay with us.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay. Your comments is highly appreciated, positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

Email address: H5261-AM@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kiev, Ukraine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I went to this hotel when I first visited Dubai, the hotel itself wasn't important for me. I chose it because it was not far away from Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa. Very small rooms without balcony but clean and nice, nothing special, it's just the place to stay with cost reduced. The hotel provides transfer to the beach and to different malls.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Cogliate, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Moisture smell in the rooms, not enough air reciclying, booking wrongs by the hotel , not recommend for families.
Good meals, good internet connection both in the rooms and in the hall.
ABSOLUTELY AWFUL DURING DISCO TIME BECAUSE THE HALL BECOMES FULL OF SMOKE EVERYWHERE FOR THOSE ONE THAT HATE TO SMOKE!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Greetings from Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai!

On behalf of the Hotel Team, I would like to apologize for the fact that your expectations were not met and for the inconvenience we may have caused you. The services we provide played an essential role in making our guests’ visit memorable and kindly note that this is not indicative of the standards we aspire to offer.

Our guest observations are paramount to us. We thank you for all your comments and we would like to assure you that anything brought to our notice is treated with care and attention it deserves. In this way, we hope to ameliorate any areas which our guests feel may need improvement.

We hope to serve you better in your future visit with us.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I went to dubai on a business trip and stayed in ibis for few days. Nothing fancy. Small room, 2 single bed on sharing basis with my friend, basic amenities, lcd tv, no kettle ( if u want to drink, can buy from vending machines, small mineral water cost around AED1). But location wise, u cannot beat this hotel provided if u have a business in the world trade center. It's just a few steps from wtc, in fact, there are linkage between them! To go around dubai was a breeze. The train station is just a few steps away. Just use the train to go dubai mall, jumeirah beach, old souk, gold souk, etc. The train is so convenient and the station is so luxury with chandeliers!

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Good hotel, one of the best Ibis I have stayed. Dubai have a lot of options of hotels, some are the best in world, it’s very difficult to choose one, but if you are travelling with cost reduced, this hotel is an option. The rooms look like new and are comfortable. No bath tub though, only shower.

If you don’t smoke, ask non smoking rooms, the second time I stayed here bedroom smelled smoke. The first time I didn’t notice it.

The breakfast is overpriced, I hated the coffee and since they are ending the service time I was almost asked to leave. I decided to take breakfast in restaurants and cafes.

The staff is friendly, they tried the best to find a plug adaptor to my laptop, the UAE pattern it’s totally different from my country.

I enjoyed the location of the hotel, it’s close to a business complex and to a metro station (I took it to go to Mall of Emirates). Taxis are not expensive and for less than ten US dollars you can go to Dubai Mall and Burj Dubai.

Clean and good quality hotel, I recommend it for business travelers, but certainly not if you want Dubai’s luxury.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking rooms
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai? Share your experiences!