“Quality Hotel with good services” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #95 of 474 hotels in Dubai
Switzerland
“Quality Hotel with good services”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and was very pleased. Although its not the grandest of the hotels in the city I think it was good value for money. The room was very nice with a WiFi. Breakfast very good average and plenty of restaurants if you did not want to go our to eat dinner. For me the location was good and the Union metro station was just behind the hotel. Everyone was very helpful and polite.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

905 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

In a flurry of travel bookings made on boxing day last year I booked the Radisson Blu for a private break after a busy week of site visits in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. I have stayed here every time I have come to Dubai ever since the old Intercontinental days. I particularly like the Iranian restaurant Shabestan - bread is amazing - and China club used to be pretty good too. Anyway I managed to mess up my booking and reserved the room a week before I needed them. I got a message from the hotel saying that they were charging me a room night as a no show as per the agreement. I accepted this but said to them rather than charge me 600 Dirhams why not let me come the following week when I would pay much more as rates were higher etc. They said no flat out which I just found strange behaviour as under my plan they would have been at least 3,000 better off and I would have sampled the lovely bread in Shabestan. It is so easy to break a habit and on principle I won't be going back to this hotel in the future.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for five nights on an extended stopover on our way back to UK from New Zealand.
Old Dubai hands will know this hotel as the Intercontinental, built in 1975 as the first 5 star hotel in Dubai. As you might expect after 38 years the lady is starting to look a little outdated! However it is a quality building with high class finishes although the decor and fittings might look outdated but everything seems to work well.
What makes this hotel still a quality destination is the outstanding staff - everyone had a smile and a greeting - and were anxious to resolve any problems. We had only one - our room fridge did not cool very well - but and extra one was soon plugged in and working once reported.
The hotel is well located for 'old' Dubai and 5 minutes walk takes you to Union Station for the metro.
We took advantage of the 3 course meal offer for two at the Palm Grill and it was really excellent. The breakfasts are the usual hotel buffet but of a good quality at the usual hotel prices which are not cheap.
Overall I would recommend staying here, especially if you can obtain a good discounted price, deals around 500AED are possible.

Room Tip: Higher is better!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Pierce, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Non smoking rooms are available only on 1st floor,Rooms are clean and staff very helpful. Breakfast is decent however hotel does need some remodel. It seems to be very old property. They advertise creek view however from 1st floor you could only see the portrait of the Shaikh of Dubai. Overall the quality of room was fair and bed was nice and comfortable.

Room Tip: If you want a non smoking room they have very limited choice with no view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is the first 5 star build in Dubai (1975). - We have been staying in Club Royal Lounge dbl.room, with a fantastic view over the creek. - The breakfast Buffet on 10th floor is very good, and staff bring what ever you want, if it's missing in buffet. - Cleaning is top service (2 times a day), and complimentary coffee/tea - water - fruit is a very nice service. Afternoon Tea with sandwiches and evening buffet with canapees and wine/beer or what you would like, is a very nice opportunity to start your evening, before going to dinner. Service is really in top. Room is nice an spacious, but bathroom is not that spacious. - We can recommend the hotel and will stay there next time, due to the staff's professional and kind and smiling service.

Room Tip: Book rooms at Club Royal Lounge incl. complimentary program. - Choose the side opposite the pool, bu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tim C, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiance with us.
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our varied restaurants. We very much hope to wlecome you back, once your trip brings you back to Dubai.

Tim Cordon, General Manager
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've been staying at the Radisson Blu in Deira periodically for three years when I am in town on business. In that time I have probably spent fifty nights. The appeal is that you have everything at your fingertips, good service, good internet connections and great food and bar choices plus its close to the airport. However, despite the fact they remain busy and successful they don't seem to reinvest in the property. The pool has been perpetually been under construction since I started coming and remains so to this day, I would say that it has been open once or twice during my stays. The furniture and carpeting are old and getting gross. My shower always has some visible mold in it and the rooms smell their age. No matter which floor or room I stay in the showers get very hot all of a sudden, you have to be fast to get out of the way. This problem is an inexpensive fix it just needs to be made. The service is always willing and helpful but utterly indifferent if you have a real complaint. They are great head-nodders. This morning when I checked out I got a friendly smile and was asked how my stay was and I replied honestly that the pool construction on a Saturday morning starting at seven was unpleasant. He said he was unaware of it. There are thirty or forty men with jackhammers outside the hotel - his comments were disingenuous at best. The hotel desperately needs remodeling or they should lower their prices, with taxes I paid nine hundred dirhams and next weeks reservation is twice that. Way too much for this place. As I said, the convenience of this hotel can't be overstated for what I do the ease of use has made it worth the aggravation but not anymore. I love the food, the restaurants all deserve a try and the people could not be friendlier. The lobby bar has a fantastic band that plays every night and we always look forward to returning. I wish the hotel management would spruce things up a bit and I would return but with other great choices in the area like Crowne Plaza and Jumeirah Creekside the only reason to come back is the food right now.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tim C, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience with us and we understand all the concerns of yours. We contstantly work on upgrading the product and service of the hotel. To let our guests know, we are under a soft renovation of the rooms and the pool, which will hopefully be ready soon for our guest to enjoy their stay completely with all facilities. Our Chief engineer has been informed about the water fluctuation in the rooms and the team has started working on it.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our restaurants. Together with my team we look forward to your next stay.

Best regards, Tim Cordon
home
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

and you feel it

Pros
good wifi connection
incredible breakfast
near to the metro

Cons
Really noisy room (no double glazing!)
Really noisy restrooms (you enjoy activities from guests in room next to you)

Room Tip: buy some earplugs
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek? Share your experiences!