Location is great, right on the side of the Creek in the Deira. Its close to the hustle and bustle of the Gold Souks and a 2minute walk to the Union Metro Station.
The design of the hotel is 70's resort style on the outside but inside it's classical luxury. Each room (seems to) have a balcony affording some sort of view of the creek. Upon arrival we let the valet take care of the car (parking is free) and went to check in. We had to wait around 30-45mins for our room as we arrived early, a little frustrating but as it was NYE it was busy and the reception staff we excellent and very friendly. We had booked a Royal Club room so check in was on the 10th floor with great views of the creek from the Royal Club Lounge.
The room itself was good. We had a twin single room which was a bit disappointing as we were expecting twin doubles but the beds were extremely comfortable with great quality sheets and pillows. Good view of the creek from the balcony. I'd reccommend rooms on the south side as opposed to the north because I think the views would be better and lighter. Higher up the better. Bathroom was okay, quite small but functional. Good amenity kit. The room is a nice santuary from the heat and traffic of Dubai itself. The pool was closed for maintainence on our visit (though they didnt seem to be doing much with it?) we were advised we could use the Sheraton pool area up the road but in the end we didnt bother and went to the beach instead.
The Royal club lounge serves breakfast and snacks at set times. It's waiter service which although friendly was a little slow at times. I think this was more to do with how busy the hotel was as opposed to lack of service. Still, I think a couple more waiters would have been a good idea. I still prefer lounges where you can just help youself throughout the day. On our last day we were asked to use the buffet downstairs as the lounge was full. This buffet had a much bigger selection than the one in the loung and you only miss out on the stunning view of the creek.
Overall its a good hotel. It reminds me of a very good 4 star resort hotel as opposed to an all out luxury 5* but its not at all disappointing, certainly more of a 'classical luxury' as opposed to modern and chic but the excellent service and friendly staff should be commended as they do a sterling job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury hotel in the heart of Dubai’s bustling business, leisure and shopping districts, The Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek offers 276 rooms, all with private and furnished balconies with fabulous outlets all under one roof. With thirteen meeting rooms including two ballrooms that can accommodate up to 1,500 guests, the hotel is ideal for small meetings and large conferences and weddings.The hotel is just 7 km from the Dubai International Airport and 300 m from the Union Metro Station and offers easy access to all of the city’s attractions and entertainment and is also located a short walk from the famous gold and spice souqs and minutes by taxi from the famous City Center shopping mall. The 24-hour Fitness Club features an outdoor swimming pool, tennis court, two squash courts, a fully-equipped gym with sauna, steam rooms and massage rooms. We place great importance on guest service and offer Concierge Services, One Touch Service for all your service needs at the touch of a button, Express Check-Out and Late Check-Out, 3 Hour Express Laundry and others to ensure your stay with us is memorable. The hotel offers free high-speed internet access in all rooms for room guests as well as in all meeting rooms for meeting delegates. Wireless internet access is also available in selected public areas within the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Rezidor, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Expedia and HotelsClick so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek Hotel Dubai
- Radisson Dubai
- Dubai Radisson
- Radisson Sas Dubai Deira Creek