The staff and in particular the manager was very friendly indeed and helpful. Good location and value for money. After a long sleepless night flight, on arrival at the hotel, the manager allocated me a room (early check-in with breakfast). The water spray in the bathroom started leaking, flooded the bathroom floor. The A/C was not working. It was repaired promptly. Towels definitely need an "upgraded", they looked worn out and small. My "standard" room (4th floor) and its carpet both looked "tired and worn out".
The horror story began at night when I went to bed just when loud music started playing. I thought it might be a party which would end soon. At around midnight I went looking for the source of this extreme loud music. To my surprise found there were 3 joints/night clubs one at each floor (01st/02nd and 3rd floor). I asked them when the music will stop - "Sir, we close at 3 am". Nothing I could do, so went to the room to try get some sleep. I wasn't able fall asleep till about 3.30 am. Next day I complained about this, as nowhere was it mentioned about these three night clubs within the hotel when booking this hotel on hotels.com. The manager apologized and transferred my room to the 7th floor(club room) and offered free WiFi.
Fortunately he transferred my room onto the 07th floor and that too on the other side of the hotel, where I found the room to be fresher comparatively and did not hear the noise at night.
The hotel needs modernization to bring it in good standard with many of the holiday inn's in many other cities. The night clubs definitely need to go.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai Hotel
- Holiday Inn Dubai
- Dubai Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai has an excellent location only 10 minutes drive from Dubai International Airport and Dubai International Convention / Exhibition Centre on Sheikh Zayed Road. Also, it is within close proximity from the Dubai Creek , Dubai Museum, the famed Gold & Spice Souks as well as the modern shopping mall, City Centre. The four star hotel is ideal for both business and leisure guests featuring 139 newly renovated rooms equipped with high-speed internet access and 32 LCD TV. Other facilities include an outdoor rooftop swimming pool, gym, sauna and steam room. The Bistro restaurant, lounge and bar offer tempting dishes from around the world including themed nights and the famous Holiday Inn Breakfast. 24 hour room service is also available. For business meetings, the hotel has two meeting rooms with natural daylight that can accommodate up to 80 people. Executive room rates include complimentary high-speed internet access in the rooms, and breakfast. Other famous attractions in Dubai include the Burj Al Arab, Mall of the Emirates, Ski Dubai, and Wild Wadi which are all within a 30 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.