“Beautiful restaurant, food was good (not great)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 5,626 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Armani/Ristorante draws on the rich gastronomic traditions of Italian regions to deliver a menu that blends traditional recipes with modern interpretations. The restaurants refined interior features the expansive Enoteca a special library featurings over 800 labels.
Oakland, California
“Beautiful restaurant, food was good (not great)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The restaurant is really beautiful - if you like Armani clothes, you'll like the design. Large, round booths facing an open kitchen. Good view of the fountain show. The food was good, but not great (and at those prices, it should be great). Very good service - attentive, but not intrusive. My suggestion? If you want to see the fountain show, go to the lounge/bar in the hotel - the view is better, the bar menu is great, and if all you want is good bar food, you'll do fine. If you go to Ristorante, make a reservation and be sure to request a table by the window, otherwise you won't see the fountain show.

Visited March 2013
Stephen G, Director Food & Beverage at Armani/Ristorante, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear guest, Thank you for your review. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your dining experience at Armani/Ristorante. Andrea and the service team work very hard to ensure all of our guest requirements are accommodated and the service standards that we aspire to are consistently met at all times. It is therefore disappointing to note that your experience was not wholly wonderful. We very much hope to welcome you back in the near future and will strive to ensure that on this occasion we are able to achieve the high standards of service and excellence. Kindest regards Stephen

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Linkoping, Sweden
“Michelin Level”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Wow ! An extraordinary culinary experience. Set in Burj Khalifa, the view couldn't be much better - with a fountain show outside. But, it's the food that gets all attention. Each dish is presented like a piece of art, just beautiful. With a sublime taste and impeccable timing and service it's fantastic. Mr Armani has personally checked the details, creating a great feeling together with Chef Alessandro's food - it's perfect. Drinks in the lounge makes the experience complete.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Erik,Thank you for your review “Michelin Level”. It is always a pleasure to share a great experience and your comments are wonderful. We are delighted to hear that your dining experience with us was thoroughly enjoyed and we look forward to welcoming you back to Armani/Ristorante in the near future.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

It is my second time this month to dine at Armani Ristorante and the experience has been nothing less than spectacular! The service was impeccable and I want to emphasize this because I have had too many experiences where the service at a restaurant compromised the whole experience. Claudio who was the head waiter/manager recognized me right away and I felt like I was coming to a familiar place that valued having me as their customer. Everyone had a smile on their face. Everyone was so friendly. The food was delicious. I especially loved the new additions to their Spring menu. I just adore this resturant!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Dana, Thank you for your review. I know the team will be thrilled to receive such wonderful comments. Thank you once again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Armani/Ristorante soon. All the best, Stephen
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“the Italian culinary art at its best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Il Ristorante launched its new menu on March 5th and we went for dinner on the 6th.
Once again, Chef Alessandro came with superb innovation and wonderful dishes;everything we chose was refined and of high standards. Same applies for the wines and service. Il Ristorante is definitely one of the 3 best restaurant in Dubai and one of its main streghts is to be able to constantly sustain such high quality of cuisine.
A. Cantacuzène, Dubai resident.

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Italian food with a twist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I always thought Italian food was hearty, robust, filling & inexpensive. Boy was I surprised with what we got at the Ristorante! This is the sort of restaurant which does not have prices listed on the menu or wine list. Portions are small so you do need a full 3 course meal to fill you up.
Ambience & decor was soft, the sort of place where everyone spoke in whispers. They have 2 sittings, one at 7PM and the other at 9:30PM.
Our table left me feeling that I was sitting in a doorway or at least at the entrance of the restaurant.
Before we had settled into our seats, we were asked whether we would like to start with a glass of champagne. Though we said yes, we would have liked to see the menu & wine list before making a decision on what I was going to drink. Also the menu was a bit confusing as nobody explained that the first couple of dishes were set menus followed by the a la carte selection.
The service is exceptional. Each time we got up and came back to our table, our napkins had been refolded & someone was waiting to place a cushion behind your back. Courses arrived together for the table. Wait staff was always close at hand & very attentive. My only negative on the service would be to let diners settle down, look over the menu so that they can decide on the wine to go with the meal before asking what they would like to start drinking before seeing a menu.
For starters I had the Crab salad. A tiny bit disappointing as it was mainly shredded crab with a granish but no greens or salad on the plate. My dinner partner had a potato soup with truffles. A potato soup is a potato soup but by adding a sliver of truffle you can justify charging so much more. The food was different and though I had traveled to Italy often, I had never eaten Italian food that tasted like this.
For our main course we had the poached John Dory and Veal Tenderloinwith Morrels which was flavour full and done to perfection. The veal was the best piece of meat I had ever eaten. Soft, succulent, melt in your mouth with subtle flavours and a superb blend of veal & morrels. Only thing which was missing were there were no veggies on either.
Cost for this meal for 2 was $600. Money well spent for a great meal with superb service.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Zee, Thank you for your wonderful review. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your experience at Armani/Ristorante. Chef Alessandro I am sure will be thrilled to read the comments regarding the Seabas and your dining experience as a whole. It is a delight to note that you thoroughly enjoyed your evening with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Armani/Ristorante in the near future.