“just barbie land decor. bad everything” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fauchon Cafe

Fauchon Cafe
Dubai Mall - Fashion Avenue - Ground Floor - Unit 25, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
04-3398024
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #659 of 5,610 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“just barbie land decor. bad everything”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

everthing in the menu is terrible. you feel like sitting in a barbie inspired lounge. nothing looks like the pictures in the menu. terrible terrible food and over priced.

Visited September 2012

• Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best breakfast in Dubai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Fauchon offers by far the best breakfast menu in Dubai, The breakfast has both croissant, french baguette, fresh yogurt with fresh strawberies, blueberries, Fresh Fruit platter, eggs, Cheese. one cold drink (juice) and one hot drink. All this for only AED 45. which is a very good deal. I would recommend it to all of you. Just a small thing the breakfast finishes at 12 sharp so be on time. the only bad part about Fauchon is the service, it is pretty bad the waiters are always pissed never here to help if needed, they keep on forgetting people's food...

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wonderful Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Fauchon Cafe does a wonderful job of living up to the Fauchon name. I first visited because I had just returned from Paris, and really missed it. Fauchon did not disappoint.

The service is great, and the food is wonderful. I've been there for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and it is always amazing. Breakfast is probably my favorite, as they have different versions (English, French, Healthy, etc) and the mornings are quiet. However, their salads & mains are alo great and surprisingly healthy!

I love that they only use the best and most fresh produce. Although many of thier dishes are not complicated, they taste incredible, and look even better.

This was too good a secret to keep :)

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent food... Poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

We entered the restaurant at around 3 p.m on Friday. A staff approached us right away & offered us a table & gave us the menus. We ordered the asparagus soup for starter & for main course we ordered fried prawns & scallops and Angus rib-eye. The soup came in around 10 minutes & was really good, however, the main course meals took around 40 minutes which was unacceptable. We called one of the staff to inquire on the delay, she didn't offer any apology and said she will check, she went inside & came back and didn't even talk to us. After around another ten minutes we called another staff & the food came at the same moment. Both dishes were presented really nice & were delicious, however the rib-eye came warm. I consciously decided not to inform any of the staff as we had already waited so long & I didn't want to wait longer. During the time we were having our food, not a single person approached us to inquire if everything was ok which I found to be not acceptable for this level of restaurant. After we finished a lady staff came to pick up the plates & I told her that my dish was cold, she didn't apologize & only said that she will be informing the chef & that was it. I was not expecting anything other than an apology, but that didn't happen. We requested one of the staff to give us the menu as we wanted to have a drink. She gave us the menu & nobody after that came to us to take our order. We again had to call someone & ordered 2 coffee & a cold bottle of water. The coffee came quickly and the water was warm towards hot although we emphasized at the time of ordering that it should be cold. Again we called the staff this time he apologized & brought a cold bottle. When we were leaving there was no one at the door to thank us or any other customers despite that fact that there were more staff than customers I the restaurant. I felt that the staff were nit up to to the name of the restaurant & being a French restaurant with such pricing list I certainly expected a higher customer service by far of what I got. Although food was delicious I don't think I would be returning to this restaurant because of the staff & their poor understanding to basics of customer service

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere