“Fantastic if you ignore the 'Lift Nightmare'.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Dubai The Walk

You added Hilton Dubai The Walk to your Saves list
Hilton Dubai The Walk
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Walk | Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #58 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic if you ignore the 'Lift Nightmare'.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

As my girlfriend has some family who lives in the emirate, we decided to take the plunge and have a last minute trip to Dubai. When we arrived at the hotel we were shown to our room on the 11th floor. The room itself was beautiful. As they are apartments they are designed as your own space with the added bonus of hotel amenities on hand. stunning kitchenette and bathroom and of course the huge bed which was the amazing to sleep in. The hotels beach is shared with its sister hotel next door. The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough to help. There is a tipping culture in UAE however it is not expected and the staff will treat you incredibly well regardless. I actually had a tip given back to me in one instance. The overall experience was amazing. Just a couple of points. Firstly, the hotel has 4 lifts and a 41 floors so you are constantly waiting for the lift to arrive. On one occasion, I was waiting 9 minutes as I timed it. This is not good enough. Another pointer is that alcohol is not served at the residences. Not really an issue as it is in the sister hotel which you can use and on the beach. Fantastic trip. get out there!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexander M, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai The Walk, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

As it is feedback from our valued guests that enables us to improve more, we truly appreciate your time and effort for sharing your comments with us. While I am delighted to note that you and your partner had an amazing stay with us, I regret to know of your dissatisfaction on the availability and response of the guest lifts.

Please accept our sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and I want to assure you that your comments have been taken seriously by the management. On another note, I wish inform you that our property is now holding an alcohol license which allows us to sell and serve alcoholic beverages in all outlets and facilities.

Once again, thank you and it will be our pleasure to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Residences.

Yours sincerely,

Alexander Musch
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Although I was unable to pay in advance to take advantage of a deal (no automated payment system and manual system doesn't appear to cater for U.K. debit or credit cards) I still found the Hilton Jumeirah Residences to be great value, comparatively. I wish now that I'd stayed there longer and had day trips to the attractions I wanted to see.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just returned from my trip to Dubai. First we stayed 5 nights in the Atlantis, the Palm, what was an extremelly good experience, than we moved for another 5 nights to Hilton JBR Residence. Immediatelly after arrival around noon we have been accomodated and moreover we got an upgrade to a nice 2 bedroom appartement with full kitchen equipment, washing machine and dryer. We really had a feeling to be at hoome in this hotel. This was my 16th visit to Dubai and I do not know a better place to stay ! The hotel location and access to the private beach is an assett you do not get everywhere and if so, you pay the price for it !

My only suggestion for improvement is related to food choice for breakfast in the residence part of Hilton, it is very limited and monothematic, so if you stay there longer, you do not have too much possibilities to variate your taste. Maybe this is only an opinion influenced by the generous breakast buffet in Atlantis, but during my stay in Hilton resort Dubai earlier this year, it seemed to me that the choice there was much better.

Thank you for the beautifull stay, I will come back again. Definitelly, I promise :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

After late international arrival we were pleased to arrive. Friendly greeting and warm service. Staff took extra care as we were on our honeymoon...some great touches. Room was spacious, bed very comfortable, bathroom excellent. Great value for money made better by access to neighbouring Hilton hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

It gives us a great pleasure to note that you found our overall service and facilites to your satisfaction, as this is what we strive to achieve at all times.

Once again, thank you and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Residences, in not so distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Alexander Musch
Director of Operations
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were staying in Dubai for a short trip with our two young kids 2 and 4 years old) and needed somewhere other than a normal hotel room so we didn't have to sit in the dark after they were asleep. The residences are great as you have your own apartment with living room, kitchen, bathroom etc and then separate bedrooms for yourselves and your kids, but you also have all the benefits of a five star hotel such as the restaurants, room service, beach, pool etc.

Only drawbacks at the moment are the building work across the road which isn't the most attractive it you can't hear it with the windows closed, and the fact that it is quite tough to find the entrance to the car park with some of the roadworks meaning a few diversions and one way systems are in effect but it's not too much of a hassle.

We'll stay here again when next in town.

Room Tip: Try for a sea view room and looking north east if you can to avoid the view of the building work. Ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Large modern room with all the features you would expect. Big bed, nice fit in finish in the shower, view over the city. It is located directly behind the main Hilton hotel and therefore you get all the amenities of the fancy hilton included in the price but at a much more reasonable price... a few steps and you are on the gulf beach and nice swimming pool. Included a nice free breakfast!

I plan to stay here again on my next trip to Dubai!

Room Tip: I was on the 17th floor which had a nice view of the city.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hinckley, Leicestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We visited Dubai in June for 8 nights and really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Residences. We arrived early in the morning and got to the hotel around 9am. We were fully prepared that we could not check in till 3pm. However, at 10am, they had our room available and offered us to check in at no extra charge. This was very welcomed after not much sleep on a plane. The hotel pool was very nice, clean and the staff were always attentive, even in the blistering heat.

We stayed in the hotel half board and I have to say, the food on choice both for breakfast and dinner was exceptional. The Oceana restaurant in the evening cooked up an array of delights, with a different theme every night. I am normally disappointed or bored of going to the same restaurant but I really enjoyed it.

The only downside is the high drinks prices, £4 for a can of coke is very steep, I can appreciate that alcohol is expensive but there is no need to hike up the price of soft drinks. However, we found the local shop selling them at a fraction of the price and the pool bar staff were more than happy to provide glasses with ice, so this did us fine.

There is building work going on around the hotel but this did not bother us once, we were fully prepared for it before taking the trip. You have to remember the whole of Dubai is like a building site at the minute.

I would certain revisit this hotel if I returned to Dubai.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Dubai The Walk? Share your experiences!