“Great location, staff service just OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Dubai The Walk

You added Hilton Dubai The Walk to your Saves list
Hilton Dubai The Walk
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Walk | Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #59 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
San Diego, California
“Great location, staff service just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is the Hilton Residence rented as hotel. There is a full-blown Hilton hotel right across the street...

Relatively new room. Excellent location in the popular Marina district with shops right at the hotel entrance. Next to upscale residence. Room is nice and updated. Comes with full size kitchen and even washer/dryer (all-in-one type) so it was convenient. About 10-15 minutes to train station. Relatively easy to find taxi from the hotel front.

We had a very late flight so we asked if we could have a late checkout. We were granted a late checkout. However, 1 hour before the official checkout time, someone at front desk kept calling to the room saying we need to vacate the room immediately as they had an influx of visitors checking in. They shouldn't grant us the late checkout in the first place if they were going to kick us out unexpectedly. Very poor planning on the front desk end. Would have given it 4 or even 5 star if it wasn't the service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
OliverKesseler, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai The Walk, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Whilst we regret to note of your dissatisfaction on the incident encountered during your departure, we thank you for having taken a time and effort to post your review on your recent stay with us.

We can only apologize and agree with you that communication and service on the check-out time was not up to our standard.

Rest assured that your comments have been brought to the attention of the Front Office department head to ensure that such incident will not be repeated in the future.

Hope the above misgiving will not stop you from considering a repeat stay with us as we are already looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai The Walk.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I checked in on the 11th April 2013 and This was one amazing trip. This hotel is one of the best ones I stayed in Dubai its location is right on the beach and jbr and dubai marina. the hotel staff are the well trained and very welcoming. Especially Cherry from the front desk the facilities of the hotel are the best and the food is great i really recommend this hotel for whoever is looking for a hotel on the beach.

we will defo return to this hotel again and you treated like a VIP, I rate this hotel 10 out of 10 and cannot wait to return again to dubai and stay in Hilton jumeriah beach residences again.

Room Tip: 2 or 3 bedroom apartments very luxery
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It is with great pleasure to learn of your overall satisfaction towards our services provided by our team members as well as the hotel facilities and the quality food being served in our restaurant.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing with us your comments, and be rest assured that your kind words will be conveyed to the entire team.

It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai The Walk in the not so distant future.

london, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Was very happy with every aspect of hotel and holiday. Quiet room, as requested at booking -pleased. very spacious. Breakfast was fantastic. Friendly staff. Very courtious. would deflinatlety go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Spent the last two days of a recent trip at the Hilton Jumeirah Beach Residences. The reason we chose the Hilton JBR was that we wanted a few days of beach before going back to cold Europe after a tour of the Middle East.

On arrival at the residences we were upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite by a very friendly and professional girl at front desk, named Anina, I think. The room was incredibly large, the largest hotel room/suite I've had so far. It had a large dining area with a table and 8 chairs. A large lounge area with sofas, armchairs and a flatscreen TV. There were two bedrooms with bedding for a total of four people, and both rooms had a large flatscreen TV as well with a good selection of international and local channels. Three bathrooms in total, two of them featuring a bath-tub. There was a kitchen with lots of space as well as cutlery and cooking utensils and finally, there was a washing machine in the suite. The balcony overlooked the Dubai marina.

The location of the hotel is great, in the Dubai Marina area. The Hilton JBR is situated on the walk, a long road that is parallel with Jumeirah Beach and filled with restaurants, fast food places, shops, hotels and so on. The hotel is just across the road from the Hilton resort which has a large beach, swimming pool, bars and restaurants that is free to use when you stay in the residences. The beach is very nice although crowded. Same goes for the pool. The residences also has a pool, a much smaller one that wasn't as crowded as the resort's pool.

What I did not like, with the Hilton Resort as well as the residences, was the incredibly steep prices in the bars and the restaurants. 20 AED for a bottle of coke is ridiculous so is a pizza at 70 AED.

To summarise: in general I really liked the Hilton JBR. Staff was friendly, location good and the room and facilities nice. Definitely good for beach access if you want slightly less expensive than the Hilton Resort. It's quite far from the downtown area though. Solid four stars.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Its a perfect location for the beach/Dubai Marina, 30 min taxi to the dubai mall/ burj khalifa. Its on the walk so all food & drink is on your door step. Also close to the metro line which is alot cheaper than taking a taxi. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

returned today after a 5 night stay here with my daughter. It was my birthday last Monday and my daughter asked if maybe we could have an upgrade, which they did do for us, we got a lovely room with a sea view, it was really nice and I was very grateful. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was great, we had breakfast and evening meal and always lots to choose from. Had seen reviews about the lifts, we were on the 17th floor and never had any problem with them. Would definitely recommend anyone going here. The location is also perfect, on the walk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
OliverKesseler, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai The Walk, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we thank you for posting a review and for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us and have already shared your motivating and inspiring comments with the entire team to continue satisfying to our valued guests.

Once again, thank you and we all look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to the Hilton Dubai The Walk in the near future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This review is mainly about the booking of my room but I do feel this is a reflection of the hotel itself-
I was appalled that although I had already pre-paid for the room, IN FULL, they had over-booked and did not have the Deluxe suite I had paid for.
They tried to offer me a 'basic' room for one night and then move me to a deluxe room on the second- I was only there for 2 nights so this was unacceptable.

I persisted with the fact that I had already pre-paid for the room for both nights and unless they were going to reimburse me the difference to stay in a basic room, I was not satisfied with their offer and to make an alternative suggestion.

I also pointed out that I was in Dubai exclusively for a charity event (I was doing a charity skydive the next day) and that a lot of people had sponsored me a signifcant sum of money to do the skydive. I had also booked this hotel because it was within walking distance of SkydiveDubai.

They then called upon the manager who gave the same response as the check-in staff. When I explained the reason I was staying at the hotel, she then suggested they move me to a loft apartment which I was happy with but it was not a good start to the weekend!

I am still concerned about booking with Booking.com again if hotels do not accept this kind of booking as a certainty to your preferred room option.

As nice as the loft apartment was, I am afraid I would not stay at the Hilton again because of this incident.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Dubai The Walk? Share your experiences!