“great holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Dubai The Walk

You added Hilton Dubai The Walk to your Saves list
Hilton Dubai The Walk
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Walk | Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #61 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“great holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

returned today after a 5 night stay here with my daughter. It was my birthday last Monday and my daughter asked if maybe we could have an upgrade, which they did do for us, we got a lovely room with a sea view, it was really nice and I was very grateful. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was great, we had breakfast and evening meal and always lots to choose from. Had seen reviews about the lifts, we were on the 17th floor and never had any problem with them. Would definitely recommend anyone going here. The location is also perfect, on the walk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
OliverKesseler, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai The Walk, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we thank you for posting a review and for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us and have already shared your motivating and inspiring comments with the entire team to continue satisfying to our valued guests.

Once again, thank you and we all look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to the Hilton Dubai The Walk in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Oliver Kesseler
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This review is mainly about the booking of my room but I do feel this is a reflection of the hotel itself-
I was appalled that although I had already pre-paid for the room, IN FULL, they had over-booked and did not have the Deluxe suite I had paid for.
They tried to offer me a 'basic' room for one night and then move me to a deluxe room on the second- I was only there for 2 nights so this was unacceptable.

I persisted with the fact that I had already pre-paid for the room for both nights and unless they were going to reimburse me the difference to stay in a basic room, I was not satisfied with their offer and to make an alternative suggestion.

I also pointed out that I was in Dubai exclusively for a charity event (I was doing a charity skydive the next day) and that a lot of people had sponsored me a signifcant sum of money to do the skydive. I had also booked this hotel because it was within walking distance of SkydiveDubai.

They then called upon the manager who gave the same response as the check-in staff. When I explained the reason I was staying at the hotel, she then suggested they move me to a loft apartment which I was happy with but it was not a good start to the weekend!

I am still concerned about booking with Booking.com again if hotels do not accept this kind of booking as a certainty to your preferred room option.

As nice as the loft apartment was, I am afraid I would not stay at the Hilton again because of this incident.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Camber, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Having stayed in several 5 star hotels around the world through work and privately I can say this was a true lily exceptional experience. Even when we had an issue the staff were exceptional at resolving it but quickly and with curtesy. Not that we had many issues. We had one on arrival but It was not the hotels fault it was the agency we used.

Staff from the reception , room service ,cleaning staff ,pool side were always happy to help. The hotel was very clean. It's also located on the walk its a beautiful cobbled streets with cafes, shops and restaurants very pleasant walk to the main part of the Hilton. Traffic does pass through the walk but it's not fast and no problem at all. The kids loved seeing all the sports cars go by very slowly. The residence has its own pool and restaurant but you can use additional facilities at the Hilton. We preferred being at the residence as it was a lot quieter. Pool staff at the residence were excellent you didn't have to ask for help they just came over to help. Thanks everyone you made our holiday extra special and are booking our next visit back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the sea view apartment absolutely beautiful. Kids loved it and so did my husband and I...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your review following your recent stay with us.

We are very pleased with your overall commendation towards our team members and that you find our overall service and facilities to an exceptional holiday experience.

At Hilton Worldwide, we strive to deliver outstanding products, services, and experiences around the world.

We thank you once again and It would be our pleasure to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai The Walk in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Oliver Kesseler
Director of Operations
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is the second time we had stayed at the Residences, this time as a family of three. We had booked a two bedroom suite but on arrival were presented with the most fantastic 3/4 bedroom suite (Suite 3304) with, in my opinion, a much more interesting view over the Marina. It was the most fantastic and spacious hotel accommodation we have had with flat screen TV's a-go-go, sound system, living and dining rooms, twin balconies and fully equipped kitchen.

The Hotel & Staff went that extra mile on my wife's birthday and decked-out the living-room in what I can only describe as a "floral cornucopia" - First Class!!...as was our room attendant "Prakash" who deserves high praise indeed.

We would continue to highly recommend this "satellite" accommodation - It's a very welcome addition to its interconnecting beach-front sister - the Hilton.

Room Tip: The Marina views, I feel, are far more interesting.
Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had a very difficult time finding the place, no signage from the main road and my Garmin doesn't show the property at all. HOWEVER, once we got there, service was spot on. The breakfast was fantastic, my apartment had all the ammenities that I needed, and the staff were extremely attentive. The beach across the street is very western, and it was hard to believe that we were in the Middle East. I would definitely go back, now that I know how to find the place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
joburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We spent four nights at the Hilton residence. From the time you enter the hotel you made to feel special. Staff all around we're excellent, always helpful and friendly. Rooms were amazing, beautifully furnished had everything you could've wished for , fully fitted kitchen with appliances and a washing machine / tumble dryer, ideal for families. Staff at breakfast were superb, breakfast was very good. And of very good quality. Location was excellent, on the JBR close to all the restaurants, taxis are always available . Full use of main hotel across the road which you can access from the residence with full beach access. Beach towels and beds provided, We had a fab time .. Highly recommended . Loved Dubai ! Can't wait to go back

Room Tip: Higher floors on the east side and a corner suite sea facing
sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have stayed in the hotel opposite, the main Hilton so was interested to see what this was like

Firstly, its more of an apartment block with a lobby. Great location, right on 'The Walk' which is a great strip with lots of shops and restaurants with outside dining. Being a guest at this hotel means you can use the facilities in the hotel opposite, like their gardens, pool and beach.

The room was clean, and spacious with a huge 7 foot bed that could have slept 3 adults!. The usual minibar and coffee making facilities were there and everything worked as it should. I didnt get to use facilities like the gym, room service or restaurant as I was there for just 2 nights, and then checked out and then back in again 3 days later for just one night.

The downsides...Wifi is available in your room for 100dhs a day, about £18...thats not on....its free in the lobby but not free in your room. So the lobby gets full with guests using their phones, ipdads, laptops and the like, so if you want to check your mail or surf the net everyone goes to the lobby as its free..which isnt that big and has not enough seating. Who will pay £18 a day to access the internet??. Sorry Hilton, thats a bad mistake. If you can have it free in the lobby, there is no reason it cannot be free in your room..it doesnt cost the hotel any more.
Secondly there are only 3 elevators serving something like 38 floors, so it can take an age for an elevator to arrive, then its full.....mind you, I find this an issue in all Dubai hotels I stay in. Another issue (and this relates more to their sister hotel across the road) is that so many people put out their towels and occupy all the sunbeds and then spend half the day away from the beds, making them unusable for other guests. The hotel claims to have a "no sunbed reservation policy" so after an hour you lose your bed...but its clearly not enforced. its disgusting...so many times you see all the beds with towels on and no one using them all day...its not on and needs to be stamped out....a real turn off for staying here

Okay, so apart from that all fine...great location, clean and tidy and spacious rooms and friendly staff....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Dubai The Walk? Share your experiences!