“very upset with non existant customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 452 Activities in Dubai
Type: Sports Complexes, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Skydive Dubai! We are happy to offer you extraordinary skydives over one of the most breathtaking views in the world. Our Palm drop zone is located in Dubai Marina and open all year round. Our drop zone in the Desert is also open all year round. To go on a first time (tandem) skydive, we recommend our Palm drop zone. (Licensed skydivers are welcome at the Palm DZ. Please check our website for the operations advisory for info about jumping at the Palm DZ.) Our drop zone in the Desert is a place for experienced skydivers of all jump levels and licenses. Team training, fun jumps, coaching, daily load organising, Flight-1 school and so much more are offered at both drop zones. Full service parachute rigging loft services available too. Come jump with us in Dubai!
Abu Dhabi
4 attraction reviews
“very upset with non existant customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

SKYDAIVE DUBAI cancelled my dive in January. Deposit kept they assured we would be first priority for reschedule when we knew our working pattern,

3 Months later a bunch of unresponded emails and I don't not how many calls to a phone that seems to always go to a full mail box!
Not professional guys. Broken promises and bad customer service guy.

I also raised funds for a charity - I have sponsors who don't understand why its taken so long and a charity waiting for the funds .

Visited January 2013

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 attraction reviews
“Somewhere Over the Palm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was the most nervous out of everyone in my group, but the staff reassured me and made me feel safe and comfortable. It was by far the best experience of my life and I can't wait for my next jump over the palm!

Visited March 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“utterly dissapointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

i booked skydive dubai for 3 people, due to unforeseen circumstance i had to cancel the booking and will not be able to go dubai. i know it states no refunds unless bad weather. but this is worse than bad weather as my flight had to be cancelled due to personal family problems. i mean there should case to case individual basis refunds but when i spoke with skydive dubai all they said it stated on website no refunds so no refunds, the worst part about all of this is that when it gets too windy they are aloud to cancel the booking with us having made plans to skydive and ruins our whole day but when we are not aloud to cancel if any inconvenience is done our side.. thats my reason and am sure most will agree here. no customer service. once they have your money thats that. i am sure you will enjoy the dive but if personal problem comes up then good luck

Visited February 2013
Orlando, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“60 Seconds Of Ecstasy !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I felt alive HAPPY and free. I want to go again and again. Once you try it, you will not be able to stop making jumps,skydiving Dubai is a must-do activity, and everyone must try it at least once in his or her life. I guarantee you that it will be an unforgettable experience!

Visited February 2013
“Absolutely Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

So, I must apologise, its been 2 months since my visit and it was, by far, the best experience of my life.

The staff were all very friendly and easily approachable and made me feel very welcome.

When I arrived, I was told just to sit and take a seat, as I was on my own and had to wait an hour and a half, it was a bit of a slog. The benefit of being sat there was the longer I waited, the more relaxed I felt.

I hate, more than anything, being on camera and found this to be the most nerve wracking point of the day but knew the experience would be worth it.

During the ascent, there were 3 tandem jumps and a group of people that seemed to be doing it as part of their hobby who were trying to psyche me out which I refused to let happen. I don't know how others would react to this bit to me it was just water off a ducks back.

When it came time to jump, I was amazed at the view...they have you jump from the plane facing the coast and I was so stunned that I didn't seem to have any nerves about the whole thing. When I got a proper view of the Palm Jumeirah, I just couldn't believe my eyes, it was such a breathtaking sight.

Freefall lasted about 45 seconds jumping from 13000ft...I can't wait to do it again. Once the chute was deployed, it was just such an amazing experience to be floating over this incredible view. Prior to the jump I was asked about being spun so the instructor did this twice.

The whole experince was amazing and for the price(approx £300), I'd say it was well worth it. It costs about the same in the UK without the DVD or stills.

After the jump, there was about an hour to wait to get the DVD which contained a 5 min video of my dive and a second disc with 90 photos on it.

I'd recommend this to anybody and will always look back on this with fond memories...in fact, I've been pricing solo diving lessons since doing this and want to get a license.

Thanks skydive Dubai for the experience and thanks to Darius for keeping me alive.