“Best Italian ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sicilia

Sicilia
Movenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai | Adjacent to Ibn Battuta Mall, Dubai 211508, United Arab Emirates
04 4445613
Dining options: Reservations
Zurich, Switzerland
“Best Italian ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This restaurant is definitely the best italian I've ever been.....btw I am Italian. The prices are on the high end but considering the quality of the food it is always worth to spend the money. Basically I can recommend everything they offer, my favorite one is la piovra grigliata, but as mentioned everything on the menu is great. We spend 2 weeks in the hotel an had on average at least one time per day lunch or dinner there and were never disappointed. A big compliment to Stefano Ligori and his team, we enjoyed every bite!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michael N, General Manager at Sicilia, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on Sicilia with the Trip Advisor community.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed Sicilia’s dishes with an emphasis on Piovra Grigliata.

Please note that I have shared your wonderful comments with Chef Stefano and his team.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

90% Recommend
Dublin, Ireland
“A perfect piece of italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

food and service out of this world! we had 2 meals here and both were simply amazing! the portion size is something else!

Visited September 2013
Michael N, General Manager at Sicilia, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on your recent dining experience at Sicilia restaurant with the Tripadvisor community.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed the food and service to such extent, I will make sure to share your kind comments with the team personally.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Dubai
“Not so wow!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had dinner with a friend who wanted to eat in Italian restaurant. The hotel, where this restaurant is located, was the nearest one and we decided to try this. Tried the octopus for starters. It was tender but nothing exceptional about the taste. Had d Linguini di Mare for main. Portion was too big for me that I was not able to eat all of it. Tiramisu for dessert was okay. Service was great though.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Michael N, General Manager at Sicilia, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Sam,

Thank you for your review on your recent dining experience at Sicilia restaurant.
I will make sure to personally share your feedback on the Octopus, Linguini and Tiramisu with the chef for his review.

I would like to ask you to please send us an email to social.ibnbattuta@moevenpick.com with your contact details as I would like for our team to contact you.

I hope to be able to welcome you back in Sicilia soon.
“Total disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I went in this restaurant with friends for dinner and i can say, after I tried most of the restaurant in Dubai, that this is definitely one of the worst culinary experience I never had in Dubai.
I order an octopus, cappuccino risotto as a main course and gianduia as dessert.
The octopus was overcook, taste burned and served with a sauce completely out of the contest. The cappuccino risotto was unbelievable, in the food description on the menu I read coffe espresso and other interesting ingredient that suppose to be in the risotto. What I received was a risotto really heavy in the consistence, full of butter and Parmesan, without any flavour or taste of coffe or something of similar.
The gianduia was served completely without inspiration in a square dish with a pastry cream served in a small pot on the side ?????????? Never see something like that in my career as Italian chef.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Michael N, General Manager at Sicilia, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Simone,
Thank you for your feedback on your visit to Sicilia Restaurant.
I was very surprised and disappointed to read your remarks and would like to ask you to send us an email to social.ibnbattuta@moevenpick.com with your contact details as I would like for our team to contact you in regards to your experience.
I hope to receive your email soon and to be able to welcome you in Sicilia in the near future.
maidstone
“A bad start... but it got better !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were visiting our son, and celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary. The starters arrived and were beautifully presented, and delicious, although the parma ham starter was almost a meal in its self. Unfortunately the main courses were a disaster, we ordered two lobsters, a prawn dish, a squid ink pasta, the best main course was a pizza. The lobsters arrived with no head, on a huge plate with a few broccoli florets and three olives. It was difficult to get out of the shell, chewy, had no seasoning whatsoever, no butter or oil to moisten it. Very disappointing, the same scenario for the prawns. The pasta should be cooked al dente, but this was very undercooked. When we were asked how our meal was, we said we were very disappointed, they said they had taken the pasta dish off the bill, I said we would be more satisfied if one of the lobsters were removed instead. It wasn't until the newly appointed Ankit Sharan arrived and heard what we had to say, he then agreed to re-imburse one of the lobster meals. We went back at lunchtime the next day, they were thrilled to see us .... we were hoping they would redeem themselves, and I am glad to report they did. I had a delicious pasta dish, perfectly cooked, and the pizzas hit the spot as well. Apparently the night before the main chef was absent .... may I humbly suggest that if you are going to leave an inferior chef in charge, your reputation, and income will suffer. I hope a lesson has been learned.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Michael N, General Manager at Sicilia, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Ann,

Thank you for your review on Sicilia Restaurant.

I was very concerned while reading your feedback regarding the food you ordered and please do rest assured I have taken your comments up with the concerned managers to ensure these are rectified immediately.

I would like to ask you to send us an email to social.ibnbattuta@moevenpick.com as I would like our team to contact you directly in regards to your experience.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back in Sicilia soon