“not bad for what we paid.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marina View Hotel Apartments

You added Marina View Hotel Apartments to your Saves list
Marina View Hotel Apartments
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Dubai Marina, Dubai 454745, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)   |
Ranked #183 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
“not bad for what we paid.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We returned 2nd oct after a 12 night stay on a b&b basis, £820 each.emirates flights from birmingham,transfer with resorthoppa booked with lowcostholidays.com. On arrival at hotel did not expect to get in room as it was only 9am,was told that room would be ready by 9-30am it wasn't but it was by 10.30am which is a lot better than what i expected.Room was large with good air con,comfy bed,view of marina just and large tv (limited english speaking channels). Location is good for metro 5 minute walk 16 aed , £2.85 for a day ticket. Nearest small shop turn left out of hotel bout 400 yards on left, Nearest shopping mall turn right out of hotel bout 600 yards on right through a few road works, mall is called the address has a large waitrose and other uk type shops.Beach is 15 minutes walk,but we found the hotel pool better it was just way too hot on the beach and sea tempreture did not cool you down it was like bath water!! Now back to the hotel first week at breakfast wasn't too bad sometimes strange things for a breakfast offering eg-corned beef hash,chicken drumsticks,but main problems were having too ask for things every time you went for breakfast eg-plates,cereal bowls,cutlery,fruit juice,hash browns,baked beans & yogurts. Problems really started with breakfast on our last 4-5 days,main problem was the fresh crusty bread it had been progressively getting more and more stale untill it got so bad i complained to the chef,i then asked too speak to the restuarant manager,she offered apoligies but didn't seem too care,but within 5 minutes there was a piping hot fresh baggette on offer,you shouldn't need to have a confrontation to get what should be standard. I would like to add all of the dining room staff were all hard working & really freindly just being let down by the manager ( dark hair,eastern europeon) .All in all a typicial tourist hotel,bout 8 miles from dubai city centre but good transport links, would return but as room only.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, October 13, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We are glad to know that you liked the room and the swimming pool. However, we regret to know that you didn’t enjoy your breakfast at our restaurant.

We’ve made a note of your comments and we’ll be conducting an investigation about this issue, as in Marina View Hotel Apartments, our guest satisfaction always comes first.

We’ll be introducing our new Mosaic Restaurant this month. It’ll replace the current one and will provide a much better dining experience to our guests. We are changing the restaurant management and the chefs to ensure best expected standard and quality.

Marina View Hotel Apartments

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Finnish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

What a great stay I had at the Marina View, everything was perfect. The location is good close to the marina and approx 15 minute walk to the beach.Metro was a great and easy way of getting around with the station being so close to the hotel.Pool area nice,building work around but it did not spoil my relaxing time...great pool staff
Breakfast was good with lots of choice,staff were efficient and looked after us very well. A very clean hotel in a greatttttt location, I would recommend this as a place to stay as it as it all....thank you to all the staff for a great stay....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, September 29, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We're glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Marina View Hotel Apartments. We are also grateful to receive your comments.

The team at Marina View works round the clock and takes pride in providing personalized services for the satisfaction of our guests.

Marina View Hotel Apartments is 2013 excellence Award winner and is one of the top Luxury Hotel Apartments in Dubai because of its Location, Furnished Spacious Apartments, Service Quality as well as the Value for Money.

We thank you once again for your feedback. It will be our pleasure to host you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Faringdon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed in the Marina View for one night on business, with meetings in the Jumeirah Lakes area which is just across the road. The hotel was clean, comfortable, with decent sized rooms. Staff were friendly enough, and the swimming pool was large with a nice patio (although lots of building work going on around). A little noisy as I had a bedroom right on the main road, although if you had a room at the back these would probably be much quieter. Food was OK - nothing wrong but not worth writing home about. Overall, good value hotel in a good location - great for one night if you're not planning to spend all day in the hotel, if you're staying longer I'd spend a bit more money and go towards the marina.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, September 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
We're glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Marina View Hotel Apartments.

We hope that you could have stayed for more days to enjoy the Hotel's location benefits.

Marina View Hotel Apartments is perfectly located in Dubai Marina within a walking distance to all of its Attractions & Malls and its only 10 minutes away from Mall of the Emirates and 20 Minutes away from Burj Khalifa & Dubai Mall using Dubai Metro, the Metro station is next to the Hotel.

We'd like to inform you that we’ll be introducing our new Mosaic Restaurant in the upcoming few weeks. It’ll replace the current one and will provide a much better dining experience to our guests. we have changed the restaurant management and the chefs to ensure best expected standard and quality.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have just come back from the Marina view hotel apartments after finding a deal on lastminute.com.

The stay was ok, I have stayed in better places room was clean, beds were comfy, you get a fridge, kitchenette, air con which you control, good size wardrobe, safe (at no extra cost)

Positives:
- SOME of the staff members are really helpful and are keen to assist - Michelle, Franklin the porter (possibly Iranian) and the Arab lady on the night shift at a guess I would say Moroccan background.
- it is close to the metro - dubai marina
- its a short stroll to Jumeriah beach walk - quite a few restaurants and shops
- room size was decent

negative:
- restaurant is too small and even chaotic at breakfast, I think they were/ are under staffed and the staff that were there were trying to keep the restaurant ticking over but are run off their feet, plates, cups, cutlery always ran out and you had to ask for more.
- breakfast choices weren't to my personal liking, but maybe it's how things are done in Dubai but I don't consider wedges, pasta, stir-fry, and pizza breakfast. They do offer eggs, beans, toast and fruit
- not all staff are helpful and actually caused me problems checking out (see below)
I would suggest that anyone who stays at this hotel to avoid dealing with Daria. On arriving at the hotel we realised our luggage had been damaged and we spoke to Michelle who advised that tailor would repair it for free. As we were going to the beach we advised that we would bring the bags down later. Michelle's shift had finished when we came back with the bags, so we spoke to Daria who said no problem and took the bags (in front of the door man luckily) when we returned the following day to ask on the progress so we knew whether we needed to buy another luggage bag, Daria told us that she didn't take a bag from us and on seeing the difficulty the bell man said yes and told us where our bags were. But as we were on holiday we left it at that.

A day later after breakfast we wanted to confirm our check out details (we still had 4-5 days left) but as we had a late flight we wanted to check whether we had the room all day or whether we had to check out at mid-day on 12th Sept so we could decide whether to extend our stay so we can retain the room. Daria said 'no madam, your check out is at noon on 13th, so you are fine'.
Off we went. On the last day after breakfast we packed and left for the beach, on return no one said anything and a hour or so later we received a call from reception to say we had over stayed and we would be charged. When I explained what the situation was, I was told they would call me back. Another man called me and I had to explain again he then said he would check with Daria, he then returned and said that he had spoken to Daria and she said she hadn't told me anything. Eventually it wasn't being resolved by phone and he was demanding that I would have to pay so I said I would go down to reception.

I was told by Amine (the second guy who called) that he was disappointed at how I felt but he couldn't waiver the fee and I would have to pay half so 200 AED, but would offer me a deal on my next stay. After a heated debate I told him I wanted whoever was above him to speak to me, but the manager was in a meeting. I then went back and literally threw my last bits together and vacated the room. Went down to reception where I spoke to the manager who had agreed that I received poor service and she would waiver the fee and investigate further. Whilst the matter was resolved Amine has no tack and was unable to deal with the issue and therefore should not have attempted to the deal with the situation in the first instance and actually made the matters worse . I personally wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, September 18, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We regret to know that you didn’t have a perfect stay with us. We also regret that you experienced a problem with some of our Staff.

We’ll be introducing our new Mosaic Restaurant this month. It’ll replace the current one and will provide a much better dining experience to our guests. we have changed the restaurant management and the chefs to ensure best expected standard and quality.

Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here with my wife for 5 nights. I'm very picky with hotels and had to pick this one because we were on our way to Maldives and had gone all out in paying for that portion of the trip. The room was clean and semi-modern. It had a kitchen with a fridge, stove and a washer/dryer. The kitchen cabinets are outdated but they are not a mood killer either. There is a metro station 2 blocks away and they offer a shuttle to the JBR walk in the mornings. Pleasantly surprised with the gym. Bathroom was ok but hard to take a shower without the water getting on the floor. We had a rental and parking was never a problem, you could either do valet parking or park right next door. My true impression is that this hotel was very good a few years back and it is slowly going downhill - if management gets their game together and invest a bit on the rooms they could easily charge a lot more for the rooms. I did not go into the swimming pool but saw a lot of people (mostly europeans) having a good time. I would stay here again if short on money. All in all for what I paids (~$85 per night) I cannot complain, it was more than I expected in that area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the main road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
We’re glad to know that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us at Marina View and that you liked our Gym.

We appreciate your valuable comments regarding the Kitchen cabinets and the room in general,
and we’ve made a note of those comments, as in Marina View Hotel Apartments, our guest satisfaction always comes first.

Please be infromed that we’ll be introducing our new Mosaic Restaurant this month. It’ll replace the current one and will provide a much better dining experience to our guests.

England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I visited Dubai in Feb 2012 and as it was peak season stayed at this hotel for about £120 a night. The hotel is right next to a metro station thankfully and the hotel is clean, but the furniture is tired. Staff at nice and helpful and easy to get taxi's but if you can, stay a wee bit closer to central Dubai. Hotel is okay, clean and in a nice enough area (pharmacy and pizza place next door), restaurant isn't worth it at all but having a kitchen in the room, is really helpful. At least you can make a cuppa. We are going again in Feb 2014 and this time we are looking to stay close to the Dubai Mall/ Burj Kalifa - which I highly (no pun intended) recommend you go to. Book tickets on line and early as it's cheaper and gets booked up. So, over all, nice hotel, but nothing special.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Marina View Hotel Apartments.

We'd like to inform you that the Hotel is perfectly located in Dubai Marina within a walking distance to all of its Attractions & Malls and its only 10 minutes away from Mall of the Emirates and 20 Minutes away from Burj Khalifa & Dubai Mall using Dubai Metro, the Metro station is next to the Hotel.

We regret to know that you didn’t like our furniture and our restaurant.

We’ve made a note of your comments, as in Marina View Hotel Apartments, our guest satisfaction always comes first.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is perfect for anyone visting Dubai with a budget at just £60 a night. It takes about 20minutes in the taxi from the airport, costing about 100aed (£20ish). It is located within a 5 minute walk of the metro station which if your wanted to see the city, metro is the way to do it! An all day unlimited travel pass will only cost you around £3! It is also a 5 minute walk from the marina, which at night time is one of the nicest areas of Dubai- shisha bars and top quality restaurants line the marina and each have spectacular views of the opposite side.

The room was a bit grubby in places but nothing to kick up a fuss about it was excellent considering the price! It had a nice pool, which had sun on it from Around 10am till 4pm!

The food in the restaurant was great too, extremely large portions with just a tiny price tag! All the staff were friendly and keen to help. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are indeed grateful to receive your kind comments, we're also pleased to know that you had an enjoyable Stay here at Marina View Hotel Apartments.

Marina View is one of the best Luxury Hotel Apartments in Dubai because of its Location, Fully Furnished Spacious Apartments, Service Quality as well as the Value for Money.

We thank you once again for your truly inspiring feedback. It will be our pleasure to host you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Marina View Hotel Apartments

Been to Marina View Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!