We stayed here in November 2012, and booked a twin studio apartment.
Things we liked:
- Location was great; only a short 15 min walk to the public beach
- Also very close to the Marina Mall (10 mins along the road), where we visited the cinema and had great big arm chairs
- Lots of supermarkets and mini-marts around; no problem getting provisions and all reasonably priced
- Located right on the marina. This was great as you can do 'the walk' around the marina (or jog, cycle, run as many did). A walk round the marina fully takes about two hours
- We were surprised that eating out was not a rip-off, even at places overlooking the marina
- The hotel's gym is free to use and not too badly equipped
- Free use of the sauna and steam rooms too (male and female are separate)
- Our apartment even had a washer-dryer, which was handy if beach towels were wet
-Takes about 20 mins in a cab to-from the airport - not expensive either
-Didn't mind the no alcohol thing - this is the first holiday my husband did not put on weight!
-Loved all the health shops selling protein bars and shakes - even found one restaurant that had protein shakes as dessert!
- Asked staff several times for advice/directions and found them friendly and helpful
- The men's hairdressing salon was good
- Never had a problem with any noise
Things not so perfect:
- The beds were comfy, but really narrow
-The kettle plug did not match the plug socket!
- Never worked out how to use the microwave
Remember this is self-catering, so you will need washing up liquid, sponges, tea/coffee etc
This was good value for money considering it is Dubai; booked it through Ebookers and the flight was Royal Brunei. Would not have a problem returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Marina View Hotel It means a warm welcome, a unique holiday experience and a sophisticated style of living. A hospitality company engaged in the operation, ownership, development, and redevelopment of hotels in gateway cities and resort markets.The Company aims to develop properties to the highest standards of design and comfort in the Gulf Region. Marina View prides itself in exceeding customer expectations and is dedicated to setting a new standard in the hospitality industry. It achieves this by recruiting, training and retaining the best quality staff available. Marina View Hotel ranges from homely to luxurious, but you can always be assured of generous hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marina View Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.