“Outstanding Brunch” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 5,625 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: With a vibrant, stylish setting, Sloane's lively open-show kitchen is open 24 hours for a wide array of tasty dishes 'a la minute'. From the hot and cold selection of breakfast dishes, waffles and crepes, to pizzas, pasta, sushi, fresh fish and a selection from the Tandoor oven, to beef, lamb or chicken at the carvery, there are always dishes to savour.
Fleet, UK
“Outstanding Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Had Christmas Day lunch with family on the terrace. They had made a fantastic effort for Christmas with amazing trees and decorations and complete with a Santa for the little ones. The mixture of buffet style and cooking stations works well and the quality was fantastic from the seafood starters, the Christmas roasts and the major selection of desserts including Christmas pudding. The service was very very good.

Plymouth
“What a Menu the choice is unbelievable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Special occasion or just an evening meal out dozen of different choices cooked by Dubai finest chefs
My no1 every day Restuarant at prices you would not believe
Never ever had a bad meal but loads of excellent ones

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Peyia, Cyprus
“Amazing buffet, amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have dined in this restaurant many times and it has always surpassed in service, quality of food, presentation and the extensive choice. The staff is so warm and welcoming and you feel like home. The spread on the buffet is so fantastic and I am only sorry I can't try it all as it looks so good. This is the best buffet I have seen and tasted. I can't wait to get back

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“A buffet that's actually very very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I don't normally like buffets but it was very late so I thought I try the hotel restaurant, not realising it was a buffet, although they do also have a la carte. Situated in the Grosvenor House hotel, Sloane's is not your typical buffet restaurant. At 235 dirahms (£40) it's one of the more expensive buffets, but the quality of food is exceptional and the price does include non alcoholic drinks (juices/tea/coffee). There's a salad bar serving a huge variety of dishes, including chicken, duck and crab salads as well as your usual salad options. On top of that there is also a selection of sushi and cured meats, although the sushi was pretty ordinary. I tried a bit of everything and particularly enjoyed the duck salad. The mains are made to order from the grill, so you can choose from rib eye steak, lamb chops, king prawns, different types of fish and many others. I tried the steak, prawns and fish. The rib eye was well seasoned and cooked to how I liked it. The king prawns were fresh and cooked perfectly. However the fish was less memorable. There is a wide selection of sides, such as fries, mash potatoes, roast potatoes and rice. I did see numerous types of soups but never got a chance to try them as I did arrive just before closing. The dessert station is pretty amazing with a vast choice of cakes, fruits, sweets, ice cream, tarts, smoothies the list is endless. I finished my meal with a pot of tea. The staff were all very polite and helpful and even though I arrived 5 minutes before closing, I didn't feel rushed at all. Next time I come back, I will make sure I leave myself plenty of time (probably around 3 hours) to try all the dishes.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Sloane's Grosvenor House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

The restaurant had a romantic feel to it as we entered. We would have loved to sit on the terrace and enjoy the beautiful views, however the windy gales forced us indoors. The very efficient attentive courteous staff checked our booking and led us to our table.

We started of with a watermelon juice for me and a good ‘ole orange juice for my partner. (Do keep in mind that it was a dry day.) We skipped the soup section, and attacked the salad bar.

The salad bar had a selected section of sushi and sashimi. A choice of appetizing salads included turkey, lamb, chicken, seafood salad, prawns, a tantalizing vegetarian selection including succulent fresh bar oysters served on ice.
The focal point of Sloane’s is the open show kitchen with its emphasis on cooking ‘à la minute’. Here, dishes are cooked to diners’ specifications as each chef attends to their area of specialty through live cooking stations.

We decided to skip the Asian and Indian section, and crept past the Italian section where the pizzaioli was making and rotating pizzas flamboyantly in the air.
The seafood section was a classic array of sensational, appealing, and absolutely fresh seafood mains including prime lobster, oysters and king fish. The best seafood is fresh, and prepared in a way as to accent the natural flavours of the sea without overwhelming them, although the chef can most certainly advise on piquant seasonings as well. You must also remember to get your lobsters freshly cooked. Sadly, I chose a piece of lobster which had probably been sitting there for over 10 minutes. It had a rubbery feel to it, and the inside was a bit flavourless.

My partner has an uncanny passion for traditional British food, and his helping of succulent roast beef with potatoes and Yorkshire pudding drizzled in Chef Ramirez’s secret dressing transported him to wondrous places.

I opted for Cauliflower Gratin tender florets with a light béchamel sauce to go with my plainly aromatic scallops and prawns.

Now here’s where things really get sexy. The wide array of Valentine heart shaped dessert delights had us dizzy with anticipation. My partner opted for raspberry mousse cake and chocolate fudge. I opted for a pineapple tart. It had just the right amount of tang. Among the other flavourful tongue-ticklers, I had two helpings of pannacotta and mango mousse. We were in Wonkaland. For this runner of negligible will power, talk about an axis of evil!

• Visited December 2011