“Simply amazing!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence

You added Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bahar 7, Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai 0, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #115 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Simply amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Having returned back a few days ago all I can say this hotel is totally amazing. From the moment we landed in dubai as a family our driver was waiting for us all arranged by the hotel team. Check was great and they gave us our room straight away (we arrived at 5am) and hotel manager Mr Michael Zegler already arranged an upgrade for our stay.

Rooms totally fantastic, to an exceptional high standard and the views was out of this world. Lifts worked fine and food for breakfast was lovely. We was also given 50% off vouchers for evening or lunch buffet which was fantastic. Plus my child was free as she was under 5.

I can't thank the management team and all the staff so much for making our stay so great especially on our wedding anniversary were the hotel made us a lovely chocolate cake and fruit platter and card. I cannot recommend this place enough as it's totally out of this world and great value in terms of its location (2 mins away to beach, 2 mins to marina, 10 mins to the metro).

My children, wife and I are missing this place so much we are looking to coming back next year.
I thank you once to everyone especially Mr Michael Zegler.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Mr. Alpesh,

Thank you very much for your lovely review!

It is a joy to read your feedback and great to know that all our efforts contributed to fulfill your needs and expectations during your stay. We are always most pleased to read praise of the team at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence as we pride ourselves on our I am Committed to Creating Caring Experience'policy and training where every member of staff enjoys going the extra mile to exceed all our guest’s expectations. We really appreciate your compliments and thank you for highlighting what makes the hotel special and particularly enjoyed the room and fantastic view. Truly, the hotel is close to the prime beachfront entertainment destination at the heart of the bustling "The Walk", with immediate access to many of Dubai's major sights, spectacular Mediterranean and Arab architecture, where guests can relax and enjoy. We are also very pleased you managed to enjoy many of the fabulous facilities at the hotel and really enjoyed the dining experience at our Restaurants.

Indeed, we are genuinely pleased your anniversary was made memorable by your experience and we can’t wait to welcome you an your family next year. Please convey my warm regards to everyone in your family and do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of assistance at any time.

Best regards,

Michael Zager & Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Really nice hotel and excellent value for money. Stayed on 26th floor in beautiful clean appartment with my wife and 2 teenagers (18 and 14). Staff are excellent and really make an effort to please (thank you for the card and a cake in our room for my wifes birthday) ,the Ramada is an excellent base for a family holiday in Dubai.

There are some minor negatives but these shouldnt detract significantly from what is an otherwise excellent hotel which I would definetly use again:

1. there is a lot of building work in the area at present - predominately on street expanding the metro system but this is only a problem when walking out on the main street something we didnt do very often.
2. Although beautifully appointed the appartments dont have crockery or cutlery which rather defeats the point of such a well appointed appartment- infairness we eat out and when asked the hotel happily delivered glasses to our room.
3. While not massive the pool is good and there are always loungers available, although it only gets direct sun in the Morning 8-11 ish on account of surrounding buildings ,Im not a massive sun lover so my son and I had hours of fun in the pool in lovely weather without getting burnt so we loved it .
4. The lifts can take a while - i guess this is a consequence of a 35+ storey hotel but it was frustrating at times.

Ive only stated the above to be objective, overall though these are minor negatives and I would not hesitate to recommend or book again. t

Room Tip: Would suggest a room on the Marina side would offer the best views and catch the morning sun. Can re...
Dear Guest From United Kingdom,

I was absolutely delighted to read your feedback on your recent stay at the Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence.

We work very hard to ensure we give the best possible service and offer real value for money to our guests and we really appreciate that all our efforts have been recognized. I am honoured that you chose to spend your wife's birthday with us, our team always strive to go the extra mile to please all our guests with special touches and beautifully presented rooms. Referring back to you crockery comments, please be advised that we do provide a kitchen pack that includes all basic kitchen needs upon request and we regret that we were not able to extend this information during your arrival. However, our Chief Engineer is also working on the best possible ways to improve the elevator speed. We very much appreciate your input regarding the swimming pool and thank you for sharing your feedback as this helps us assess the quality of our products and services.

May we wish your wife once again a very belated Happy Birthday, and hope you and your family will join us for many more special occasions in the years to come.

worcestershire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel is one of the many towering residences near the public beach. Very spacious, modern, clean rooms with every amenity. Reception area rather small and breakfast area appeared undersized, making the start to the day a bit of a scrummage. Chef for making omelette etc but always a long queue and all of the food disappointing from the fruit( underripe), bread (dry) and cooked items lacking in flavour. Orange juice great though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Guest From Worcestershire,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback on the site following your stay with us and I am delighted that you found the room very spacious, modern and clean. However, we are very concerned that the Reception and breakfast failed to live up to your expectations, I have brought your comments to the attention of our Executive Team and actions will be taken to improve the overall services experience of our guests.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we do hope that you will reconsider staying with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me through info@ramadaplazajbr.com should you plan your next trip to Dubai and I will be more than happy to assist.

Roeselare, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is quite good. The rooms are spacious and clean. Beds were excellent! The only problem I experienced was the noise of the neighbors. The swimming pool is too small for a hotel of this size.
Some other things you might want to consider: long waiting times for the elevator; do not expect a view over the persian gulf, the hotel is surrounded by other blocks.
The 'plaza' is rather artificial but the beach walk is nice. The beach itself is rather small and as still new facilities are being built, I wonder if it will still be accessible in a few months.
The metro station is only 10 minutes away, but count on 45min to get to Burj Khalifa.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Guest From Belgium,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence.

Your favourable comments regarding our spacious, clean and excellent beds is greatly appreciated. Our housekeeping team pay meticulous attention to detail in keeping the hotel impeccably clean at all times. However, I am terribly sorry to read about the noise inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I would like to assure you that this is being looked into as a matter of urgency and that our Chief Engineer is currently working on the best possible ways to improve the room sound insulation. We value all feedback we receive and we are also working on several projects to improve the speed of elevator. Regarding your comment on the beach, unfortunately the construction work from the area is out of our control. As you understand, JBR is one of the trendiest lifestyle destinations in Dubai and the enhancements
are intended to provide a greater experience for our visitors whilst supporting Dubai's long term vision of making JBR and The Walk one of the most premium, iconic beachfront community destinations.

We hope this did not spoil your stay as we very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Elgin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Recently stayed at the Ramada during a businesse trip.
I was very lucky in that I had an appartment, which was great. It was very well appointed and I had some great views out to sea and over the Jumaeira Palm.
The down stairs bar serves lots of good beers and has a very good "pub" type menu. Not to be missed is the outside terrace on teh 35th floor - great views and just the right place sit over a long drink in the evening.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, and I would certainly go back.
I didin'y use the swimming pool, but it looked vey nice.
Close to the Marina and beach.
If you want to "go into" Dubai then it is a bit of a taxi ride, but these are cheap and plentiful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest From United Kingdom,

Thank you for posting a lovely review of your stay at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence!

The hotel is ideally situated for both business and leisure traveller, with easy access to city conveniences makes the hotel ideal for business travelers. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and its wonderful Jumeirah Palm view. All our rooms do vary in size but are very comfortable and I am pleased that you had a very good stay. We are very much delighted that you had the opportunity to experience our Speakeasy Bar, the American themed bar which has been awarded as the "Best New Pub 2013" by Time Out Dubai and the Fogueira Restaurant, we are proud to say that we are the first best authentic all-you-can-eat Brazilian barbeque in Dubai with stunning views of Dubai Marina and exceptionally good service. We are always most pleased to read praise of the team at Ramada Plaza as we pride ourselves on our 'I am Committed to Creating Caring Experience', where every member of staff enjoys going the extra mile to exceed all our guest’s expectations.

We really appreciate your kind compliments and for highlighting so many of the aspects that make the hotel special, and look forward to welcoming you once more at the earliest opportunity.

Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

just arrived back today from a weeks stay at the ramada jbr. first impression was good, nice sized room, huge bed and very clean. an extra bed was brought into the room for our 17yr old daughter, it was the most uncomfortable thing i have slept on, and i did sleep on it the 2nd night as my daughter had such an uncomfortbale night the previous night. the next day i asked about changing rooms or having something done, we were offered an 2 bed apartment at extra cost or that a duvet would be laid over the mattress, i declined to pay so agreed to the duvet. this wasnt done so i asked again at reception and was asked to pack up the room and we would be moved. the new room was fabulous and for this i would commend the hotel. few things that spoil it are the lifts, these buildings were built as residential so obviously the lifts were made with this in mind, they are not sufficient for a hotel with 350 plus rooms, they take an age. the breakfast buffet is not nearly as good as many i have had in dubai.lastly and most disappointing is the pool area, the other buildings on the jbr block out the sun so that after 12.30pm there is no sun at all until 2pm when it is back for an hour, the size of the pool is not nearly big enough for a hotel this size and there arent enough beds, what are there could do with an upgrade.as the hotel isnt on the beach guests must use the public beach, the hotel charge for the use of a parasol and beach towels. the other hotels on jbr have the advantage of pools that are buitl out over the walk to ensure sun and the hilton allows guests to use the hilton hotel pool,gardens and beach. one day we paid as day guests to use anoither hotels beach and pool facilities as being in dubai and not being able to sit out was rather disappointing.

Dear Guest From United Kingdom,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the challenges you encountered during your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you and your daughter were not comfortable with the extra bed. I have brought your comments to the attention of our Director of Operations and actions will be taken to improve the overall services experience of our guests. However, we are very concerned that the swimming pool and breakfast failed to live up to your expectations, and that you felt the lifts were not sufficient for the total rooms in the hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and rest assured that your comments have been duly noted and that necessary measures will be made to ensure that all of our guests will have the magnifique experience that we so promise.

It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me at info@ramadaplazajbr.com should you and your family plan your next trip to Dubai and I will be more than happy to assist.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed at the Ramada JBR for 10 days in September on the 17th floor - Executive. floor. Checked in at 2am and the room was kept ready. Check in was smooth and the room super spacious well equipped with a Nespresso machine, 2 big wardrobes and a kingsize bed. My only gripe was the view - for 10 whole days I kept looking at the beach from a tiny gap between the 2 towers across the hotel (tip: ask for a marina facing room).

Housekeeping was always efficient though there were a few minor shortcomings at times - water bottle not replaced, used coffee pods not taken away - but really minor, overall wonderful.

The bath was clean and provided with quality Aigner toileteries. Towels were always clean and high quality (same was the bed linen).

I ate breakfast on most days in the lounge. The Lounge executive - Mayerla, is a gem. Very helpful and extremely patient. She always would offer extra helpings and be around for every need.

Now for some gripes: The road outside the hotel is a construction area for the Marina tram so beware of nasty traffic delays specially during peak hours. The doorman will always never miss in hawking for a special limosine taxis which are very expensive. Dont fall for this. I hated this every time I stepped out. Always flag down a taxi - way to go. My last gripe is the elevators - forever slow and confusing. Mind you have been warned.

Overall a lovely hotel - especially the lounge and the housekeeping staff. They go out of the way to make you feel at home.

The hotel is convieniently located on the JBR Walk - plenty of eating options and a 24 hour supermarket. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a marina facing room and dont get the luxury expensive taxis that the doorman never fails to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest From Singapore,

Thank you for staying at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence and for taking the time to review your stay with us.

It is such a pleasure to know that you had a wonderful experience with us, and particularly enjoyed the Executive Guest benefits of our hotel. Executive rooms give guests a wide array of exclusive privileges and offer Executive Lounge access from complimentary breakfast, snacks, soft drinks, coffee and tea during the day, free wireless internet in the rooms and free internet access in the Lounge as well as secretarial services. I shall ensure that all of your lovely feedback and praise are passed on to the team, particularly your compliments regarding the exemplary service that you received from Mayerla.

We have taken note of your housekeeping comments especially with the outsource limousine service and rest assured that appropriate action and training will be taken to avoid this kind of inconvenience in the near future. Also please note that our Chief Engineer is currently working on the best possible ways to improve the speed of hotel elevator. Unfortunately, the construction across the street from the hotel is out of our control. As you understand, JBR is one of the trendiest lifestyle destinations in Dubai and in continuous effort to improve one of the popular tourist destination of the city, construction project is taking place and at the same time causing traffic and delays in the surrounding areas.

Please do not hesitate contact us directly to book your next stay so that we can accommodate your room preference view.

Michael Zager and Team

Been to Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence? Share your experiences!