“fantastic staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence

You added Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bahar 7, Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai 0, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)   |
Hotel deals
London, United Kingdom
“fantastic staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Good afternoon!
as any travelers, we decided to share our feeling and emotions from the trip to Dubai. I don't want to say much about the country, cause its amazing! And everybody, even, one time in his life should visit it.
It's pity to say, but not everything was so positive... I mean hotel, what we choose to stay - Ramada Plaza JBR. when we just checked in, it took too much time to wait for the room to be ready. Finally, when we got inside, we understood , that our troubles just began. Shower, taps and other bath utensils were not working properly. ( Can you imagine this disappointment after long flight!?). First- I took executive room but it was too small, without separate shower ; secondly - there was a locked balcony, without access, so we could not use it! Why? - is still mystery for us! Third- bed side lamb was blinking, that was very frustrating. With all this problems in our heads, after taking shower me and my wife went to executive lounge,just to see what we were entitled there for. And to be honest, we were expected something coming out from oder, because our mood was already spoiled! totally damaged! But...we met a very professional man there named Ajay,he saw us and noticed that we were not happy then he started asking us about our flight and rooms we informed him all our obstacles . And this gentelman Ajay , he acted there on the spot as a manager . He called to one lady , named Laura from reception , she came and she apologised for the given room ; and promised us to provide a good room next day . And we got the room changed on the next day.
But, the main thing is this, that if Ajay would have not taken any action on the first time then i don't think that it was going to be possible . Ajay is really a fantastic person and he is really an Asset to Ramada Hotel because he made us feel that FIRST IMPRESSION IS THE LAST IMPRESSION, and he went on beyond the expectation which really really made us very happy that he took this decision. So, if one day we decide to come back to Ramada again, it will be only because of such amazing staff, like mister Ajay..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest From United Kingdom,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence.

We are sincerely sorry that your arrival experience did not reflect the high standards that we set for our hotel. This is certainly not the level of service we are known for and can fully understand your disappointment. Please note that I have personally passed your feedback to the Department Heads concerned in order to review our processes and procedures in order to avoid a reoccurrence in the future.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. Ajay is definitely a character, absolutely adores what he does and likes nothing better than to have a lending ear. It is so lovely to hear that he looked after you so well and that he made your Ramada Plaza stay memorable. We are really pleased that despite this you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you on your return visit.

Michael Zager & Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel. Yes it use to be apartments then converted to a hotel but this is its charm. Room was huge and clean. Mini very well stocked, food very good, view was fab, I have stayed in most 5* in marina, JBR and this is my 2nd favourite only to sofitel which is 3 times the price. Great room, polite staff, well placed . Only slight issue was the bathroom was looking tired. Room 1108.. I will be back!! Thank you

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a wonderful feedback with us and with the TripAdvisor travellers.

I am glad to hear that the staff were polite and that the Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence is your second favorite hotel. I am very pleased that you found your room huge, clean and fab view. All our rooms do vary in size but are very comfortable and I am pleased that you had a very good stay. The hotel is close to the prime beachfront entertainment destination at the heart of the bustling "The Walk", with immediate access to many of Dubai's major sights, spectacular Mediterranean and Arab architecture, where guests can relax and enjoy.

I am concerned to hear that bathroom did not live up to your expectations and I shall inform the Executive Team of this. We take all feedback very seriously so that we can improve our offering for the next time.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Beest Regards,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for three nights recently .

The positives for this hotel are its position on JBR --- moments away from The Walk on JBR and the beach and on the opposite side you have Dubai Marina.There is a 24 hour supermarket right next to the hotel and there are lots of restaurants and takeaways on The Walk to choose from .We found the staff to be generally friendly and helpful .

The negatives and there are many I'm afraid are that the reception area is too small for such a large and busy establishment.There are simply too few lifts to cater efficiently for the number of guests.
Our room was spacious but the decor was tired and needed refreshing .Coffee making facilities but no kettle , TV but remote not working , balcony but door to balcony stuck were the initial problems encountered.
There is an odd and unpleasant odour which exudes from the bathroom which no amount of spray could eliminate . The shower was the poorest I've ever come across in any hotel I've stayed at --- impossible to actually actually get a proper shower spray to come out just a slow trickle of water .

To top all the other problems we had an alarming incident when someone entered our bedroom uninvited at 6 am in the morning -- I shouted at him and he left promptly -- I complained to reception who eventually told me it was a member of the housekeeping staff -- I was promised that the duty manager would contact me to explain as I was still not fully satisfied but he never bothered to do so.

This hotel is cheaper than others on JBR but as we discovered this is for a reason .i would recommend pay the extra and stay elsewhere -- I most certainly intend to do so in the future !!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest From UK,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence, and for your kind compliments.

However, I am very concerned to read your feedback and comments, and would prefer to address you personally and privately. I immediately discussed your response with my Executive team and we are correcting the course back to our high standard. I do understand that with a busy schedule your down time is very precious and you want to enjoy it and want it to be perfect. I am sorry that this wasn’t the case. But I do hope that you will give us another chance and visit again and I can personally assure you that your stay will not only be memorable but unforgettable.

Once again my apologies and would kindly request that you contact me directly at info@ramadaplazajbr.com.

Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our recent stay at the Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence was not one that we will repeat. While most aspects of our stay were satisfactory, we will definitely not return to this hotel. We booked our stay through a travel agent who said it was suitable for our needs as a family of four with 10 and 7 year old children. When we checked into our room, there was just a large double bed but nowhere for the kids to stay. Housekeeping obliged with a small bed, but when we requested another one for the second child by calling the reception staff, we were told it was not possible (It wasn't that they didn't have one available as housekeeping said they had) but that it was against the law and therefore impossible?!!! This meant 4 uncomfortable nights in a space that would easily have accommodated another small bed. It was a small request that wouldn't have caused an issue for anyone and would have made our stay comfortable and happy. We won't be back or would never recommend to anyone travelling with children.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest From Dublin,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence.

Please allow me to express my sincere apology for any inconvenience caused, we appreciate all feedback as an opportunity to improve our standards and levels of service. We are genuinely concerned about the issues you raise in your review, please rest assured that I have forwarded your comments to the concerned Department Heads to review the extra bed policy.

I would be most grateful if you could please contact me through info@ramadaplazajbr.com so that we may have the opportunity to restore your faith at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence.

Michael Zager & Team
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at the Ramada Plaza Jumeirah!!!
We were upgraded to a suite upon our arrival because we were on our honeymoon and we were welcomed with a tray with sweets, a plate of fruit and a chocolate cake! Our room was very spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable.
We also visited the hotel bar at the roof and had a good time there also.
Breakfast was tasty and offered many choices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest From Greece,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence, it certainly sounds like you and your husband enjoyed a very special honeymoon. We are especially pleased to read that we were able to exceed your expectations, our team always strive to go the extra mile to please all our guests with special touches and beautifully presented rooms.

We would like to offer our congratulations to you once more and look forward to welcoming you and your husband on many more special occasions. Cheers!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hi, everyone!
Can not keep myself from sharing our first travel experience in UAE. We used to visit many countries all over the world. So, we have back ground to compare with. Should, honestly say, that we were greatly impressed by the country, mentality, people, etc.
we stay in Ramada Plaza, JBR district. Hotel is great!!! Very comfortable and cosy. Rooms are full of space, with very nice view on Marina Walk. Hotel is very close to all places, that might be interest for tourists. Train station is only 7 minutes walk, cabs are available any time, also transfer buses to some malls. We were very satisfied with food. There are 4 different food restaurants, were you can enjoy continental, Brazilian and international cuisines. We used to have breakfast in executive lounge and dinner in shores. Atmosphere was always very warm and friendly. Of course, thanks a lot to the staff. All guys were so attentive and polite. Separate, thanks for Malek, Ajay, Helena and Natalie. You, folks, were very helpful during our stay. Your advice about places to visit, restaurants, night clubs, shopping centers were fantastic. Because, of these people, we felt support all the time. We knew that there were informative staff that can help us any moment. So, thanks again. And wish you all the best in your carriers . Thanks Ramada, for the hospitality. We will recommend this hotel to all our friends. Take care.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest From New York,

Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent and detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We feel honored that you decided to stay in Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence for your first travel experience in UAE; giving your trust in us to make your stay wonderful. We really appreciate your compliments and thank you for highlighting what makes the hotel special, indeed it is a unique place to stay at.

I am also delighted to know that our staff looked carefully after you and providing you with everything you needed making your stay truly memorable. Thank you for mentioning so many colleagues by name, it is extremely motivating for them to receive comments such as yours which I have shared with each and every one of them.

Once again, thank you for recommending our hotel, we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to our hotel in the future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Thank you very much for a wonderful stay. You surprised me by upgrading me to a two bed suite! Your staff are polite and very helpful. I wish i knew the name of the young gentleman housekeeper who you should be very proud to have to have on your staff. I was concerned about the lifts after reading previous reviews but there is really no problem at all. Thank you again for a great stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest From UK,

Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review of your stay at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence.

We especially appreciate your kind comments regarding the politeness and helpfulness of the team at Ramada, as we pride ourselves on our "I am committed to creating caring experiences" policy and training. We are really pleased to read that we were able to exceed your expectations and upgrade you to one of our two bedroom suites. Equally we will pass on your compliments to the Housekeeper who maintained your room to an exceptional high level of cleanliness.

We very much appreciate your input regarding the elevator, and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends on your next visit as a returning guest.

Michael Zager and Team

Been to Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence? Share your experiences!