“Awful management of an average hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence

Save Saved
You added Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bahar 7, Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai 0, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 30%, Stay 2 Nights
Ranked #84 of 475 hotels in Dubai
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Awful management of an average hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have just been to Dubai for business, staying in and attending a meeting at the Ramada Plaza - never again!

The hotel is obviously struggling to get organised, and I have to say that the whole experience was disappointing (the car park entrance, poor food and beverages, dirty terraces piled with unused furniture, badly finished interiors in rooms) and the last straw was when the hotel missed my wake up call and then the manager lied to me to try to cover his tracks. If this is the culture of the hotel management, then you can see why it is all going horribly wrong for them.

There are so many, much better places to stay in Dubai. Give this one a miss until it has got itself sorted out.

Room Tip: Don't take a room facing onto the JBR - which is currently a building site.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest from room 807,
thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor. The team and I are terribly sorry that you had a bad experience which I understand is mainly based on the wake up call that did not reach you. Unfortunately I was travelling internationally and just returned to Dubai - otherwise I would have spoken to you personally. The team has investigated all your comments and the wake up call incident.
Please accept our apologies as the missed/belated wake up call was a pure human error on our side. We have corrected this and have enhanced the system to avoid incidents like this in the future. I would like to extend an invitation to you personally to accept a complimentary overnight stay at the Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach. We would like to proof during your next stay that we have very high service levels and that we take guest comments and areas of improvement very seriously. I will also contact you directly
Kind regards

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We spent last weekend in Dubai, on a long-weekend from our home in Abu Dhabi. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here at Ramada JBR! 2 adults and 2 children shared a deluxe studio room (that was huuuge), with a pull up bed, and a cot provided.

While the hotel/ check-in are accessed from an underground car park shared with the Jumeirah Beach Residences, there is also a Plaza level lobby, which is accessed from just above 'The Walk'- and all its shops and restaurants. We tend to find Dubai notoriously difficult to navigate, as there are just so many hotels, but this one wasn't horrendous to find.

The staff were attentive, polite and surprisingly well- informed, despite the previous reviews that I had checked before our stay. I can only imagine that the previous customers received 'off service' as a result of the hotel being so new. That said- it made for a spotlessly clean and luxurious hotel stay!

Breakfast was delicious and the choice was outstanding- the pool is a little small, but not overcrowded, with a selection of shaded and sunny spots surrounding it. All in all we had a fantastic stay- my husband loved the fitness centre- with its own instructor- and they even had a kids play corner at breakfast time, so that parents could relax, eat and read the newspaper in peace!

There is a beautiful prayer room/ mosque attached to the Jumeirah Beach Residences complex, within a 5-10min walk from the hotel, but the call to prayer is not particularly loud in this area.

The hotel is also a 10-ish minute walk to the Jumeirah public beach, which is slightly overrated- but worth a look. All in all, would definitely return- maybe when the weather is a little cooler so the surrounding area could be fully explored.

PS. I didn't add any more pics- as the ones attached to prev. reviews are pretty well accurate

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor, and loved the ease of it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Family Guests,
we appreciate your positive comments that you liked the location, services and your stay overall.
Being a father of three kids myself, I know how stressful travel can be and that you need space and services that work around you and not linitations. My team has taken over the management of the new hotel as from August and we had to go through a couple of changes to improve the guest experience and some services. We are glad that we have met or exceeded your expectations and do hope to welcoming you again in the near future at the Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach. Come for a weekend - enjoy and leave the rest to us...
Best regards
West midlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Upon arrival the management of this hotel do not have a clue how to treat a customer the entrance in nothing but wierd, being an undergroung car park. When we arrived we walked in no body there to come to the car to unload luggage, just staff looking at you. Went over to reception desk gave the information requested but the staff member had very poor English so could hardly understand what I was saying, eventually our luggage was collected after 15mins.

Rooms were very well laid out with good fittings and spacious, cleaners were very good.

Hotel has very poor lift service, and you can hear the wailing of the lift all night in the rooms as its not been thought of, but mark my words they are not express you could probably walk down the dusty stairs faster.

We went half board, but again hotel staff lack in every way menu was very basic with same food every day and very basic choice of main course and deserts, chef very full of himself but hasn't a clue.

There is limited taxis at this hotel if any, when you ask for a taxi they tell you we have one coming but in real it's an outside chauffeur they fob you off with.

Checkout make sure you do this early as again had to ring for the bell boy as he never turned up when I called was told thought you booked for next day.

Overall whoever set this hotel up has no experience and I cannot see this place lasting as the foundations are weak I.e core staff, I suggest get rid of staff immediately and start fresh with staff who have some hotel experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,
thank you for your comments! As you might know, feedback is the breakfast of the champions. Hence we value your opinion and are very sorry that you must have had a very bad experience. My apologies for the belated response,as we have just gained proper access to the comments site to respond to you. In fact what you have proposed has happened shortly before the time of your stay - change of management. And we can see that services and comments are gradually improving due to all the great feedback we are receiving from our guests. We are not ferfect but we are trying hard to improve our guest's experience and hopefully will continously exceed expectations.
Thank you once again - all areas you mentioned are already addressed and have improved.
Kind regards,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Check in couldn't be any slower, no quing system, lifts incredibly slow. Key cards weren't activated when given our room so had to make the 20 min trip back down from 17th floor to have them activated. Connecting room door was left unlocked called down to reception was told they would send someone up who never came so called house keeping who said someone would come up who never came. Spoke to someone from house keeping in hallway who checked door and said he would get someone to come and lock it. After being out for 7 hours we came back to find a welcome letter and tea plate of a few Arabic sweets? And the door still unlocked. Check out was just as slow as check in and was then asked to pay for my room even so I had already paid and she was looking at the pre paid voucher! Awful awful awful. Stay elsewhere, but if you do choose to stay, take directions as no taxi driver knows where this place is as it's so new and the entrance is underground the hotel also has no name on it so does make it tricky to find.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,
many thanks for your comments. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as enjoyable as it could have been. The Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach is now managed by Wyndham Hotel Group and we have changed a lot since we have taken over. Please accept my apologies and a voucher for a complimentary overnight stay during your next visit to Dubai. Please refer to your stay during the opening month and your previous reservation no. when contacting me personally.
Test the Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Dubai again and leave the rest to us..
Yours sincerely
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada Plaza JBR for three nights, after staying in the city centre for four nights. On booking, we were aware that the hotel was very new.

Firstly, the hotel was unknown by many of the taxi drivers, and there were no street level signs. The ground floor of the hotel is accessed through a car park. The hotel is opposite the Hilton. The location is more Dubai marina, rather than Jumeirah beach.

The hotel does not have it's own beach. There is a beach nearby, however, it was too hot to walk to in the heat (at least 15 minute walk). This beach also lacks in amenities such as umbrellas, loungers and toilets, although there is The Walk, where toilets and food could be found in restaurants. There is also some building work going on, restricting pedestrian access; a shortcut may be possible in the future but it looks like it will be a car park. The hotel has a small pool; it is not on the rooftop and is therefore shaded (by buildings) for a substantial period of the day. My husband and I went to the tourist public beach (taxi ride 50AED), however, according to the rough guide it may be possible to pay (250AED) to use other hotel beaches along the front.

On arrival, our booking was mysteriously missing from the computer system. This was remedied after approx 15 minutes of bewilderment, we were informed that our room would be upgraded. The room had an adjoining door, through which we could occasionally hear others. On checking in, we were required to provide credit card details/cash of 500AED to cover minibar etc - this was not optional or negotiable and was not a familiar request to us as frequent travellers.

The room itself was spacious and clean, and as fresh as you would expect from a newly opened hotel. The air con was, thankfully, very effective. The room had a balcony which overlooked part of the marina (marina ferry station), however, we were required to sign a disclaimer in order to have the balcony door unlocked. Overall the room was excellent, aside from the adjoining door.

Our stay at the hotel was half board and the food was good. Breakfast was great, with a wide range of possibilities; cereal, fruit, yoghurt, arabic breakfast, english breakfast, omelette station etc. Dinner was delicious, again with a range of options; fresh pasta station, an arabic option, a traditional european option (beef bourguignon, chicken in creamy tarragon sauce), soups, followed by a range of fresh dessert options (arabic sweets, tiramisu, creme brulee). We did not visit the Brazilian restaurant as it was not ready, however, we visited the balcony to get a better view of the area.

Staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful, however many were very new to Dubai, having come specifically to work at the hotel, and to the English language, but eager to converse. We were checking out prior to the restaurant opening for breakfast, and a staff member was particularly helpful in organising breakfast via room service. My husband used the gym, and found the equipment good and the worker very helpful.

The hotel would greatly benefit from an appropriate number of lifts to service the building. There are 43 floors (not including reception floor, service level, leisure plaza level (restaurants)) and there are three lifts. At the time of staying, not all the rooms were ready for guests. We stayed on the "fourth" floor, which was really the seventh floor, and frequently resorted to using the stairs through frustration.

In summary, the hotel is a work in progress and we were satisfied due to the price we paid. However, I would recommend going to a beach that had its own beach and/or decent sized pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear guests from London,
thank you for your feedback on your stay in August at the Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence. We are very happy to hear that you liked the JBR location and our facilities and services. My apologies for the lack of directional signage which is now being addressed and implemented as the Ramada Plaza just opened its doors. We are also planning to change the entrance situation from the Marina side (opening the wall/arches). We are constantly working on improving the guest experience and services to exceed guest expectations. I am sure you will like all the details and plans that we will have implemented when you come back and visit us in a few weeks/months.
Please let me know what we can do for you as a special during your next stay with us.
Best regards
Michael Zager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was staying at this Ramada for a week with my family, and we enjoyed ever single minute of it. Staff is very nice and friendly ( Especially one called Laura, was her name i think ). Breakfast buffet was very good, location was perfect. Pool was a bit small, but you can't complain when the beach is 1 minute away. Taxi's were having a hard time finding the hotel, but the hotel was brand new. We will definitely be back !

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room !!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your rating and kind comments. The Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence was specially designed for guests who are looking for more than just a hotel room and want to stay for a week or longer in Dubai, hence we have spacious suites & apartments with fully equipped kitchenettes and all a family or couple would need. We are sorry the taxi had trouble finding the hotel as we are brand new in the JBR area and only opened last month. Thank you also about the comment on Laura - she is one of our Service with a smile :-) Stars and has received a reward.
Please come again and contact me personally as we love loyal customers and would like to be in touch with you.
Many thanks, kind regards
Michael Zager

Been to Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence? Share your experiences!