“Let down by the staff..” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Eric Kasyer

Eric Kasyer
Dubai Mall | Ground Floor, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Downtown Dubai)
9714 3399375
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #896 of 5,572 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Downtown Dubai
Neighborhood: Downtown Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Let down by the staff..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I love French cafes and restaurants, and I'm always on the lookout for new ones. I hadn't tried Eric Kayser because of its busy location, but on a friend's recommendation, I decided to give it a go.

We ordered brunch which lasts until 2 pm- wow! Our waitress seemed new, and had no clue how to answer any of our questions. We figured things out eventually.

The bread was great, the butter was not French (come on!), and the food took forever. The omelettes when they came were not what we had ordered. Talking to the waitress didn’t help, as she just shrugged and looked clueless. The chef was called. He tried to convince me that a plain omelette will taste just the same as a cheese omelette. No, thank you. Then he brought me the cheese on the side (seriously?!). Finally, the waitress came back with my cheese omelette. The chef had sprinkled the cheese on top and stuck it in the oven. Ever seen a crispy omelette? That’s what I was served.
It is such a shame when a chef with an attitude ruins your meal, and worse yet, the restaurant’s name. I’ll be sticking to Fauchon from now on.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dubai
“Alternative to fast food, correct café”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Nestled in the Dubai Mall, near the fountains, on the ground floor, this restaurant in the French baker Eric Kayzer represents a welcome alternative to all fast-food restaurant. The restaurant is like other other open around with passersby who sneak into the mall. In addition to the restaurant, you can use the bakery or pastry. The tables are quickly cleared up the numbers for the reception and a bit stressful, especially when making his choice.

The menu is quite varied, salads, sandwiches, pasta, pizza (and yes they even have a pizza oven ....), meat and fish. I opted for the chicken breast sauce "rosemary" with fries and vegetables. Before my dish, they brought a set of small pieces of bread with cream cheese and some kind of oil with pine nuts. Interesting and great initiative. Then, the dish arrived, the chicken was excellently prepared, with a creamy base of rosemary. Accompanying with french fries that were good. Vegetables not terrible and cold. Given the consistency of the dish, I have unfortunately not tested one of the famous pastries, out of revenge. Also noticed that the pizza looked good, thin noodles that I like. In the end, happy with my choice, the price remains slightly higher than the average due to the location but good alternative to fast food.

Areas for improvement:
- Less stress at the server level
- Noisy
- Cramped tables

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Excellent Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We enjoy the Eric Kasyer in Paris, so when we saw one at the Dubai Mall one morning, we decided to stop for breakfast. What a great idea that was. They have an excellent breakfast menu, serving traditional eggs, sausage, toast, juice, etc. But, you can customize your meal with local specialties as well, like lebneh and za'atar. The food is cooked to order, delicious and very reasonably priced. Service is also very good, and the location is perfect, for getting your energy up for shopping.
We liked the Eric Kasyer so much that we went back a second time during our week-long vacation. We might have gone again had we discovered it earlier ... but there is always next time!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dubai
“The ultimate bakery in Dubai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have to confess that everytime I visit Dubai Mall, I make a stopover at ERIC KAYSER bakery and then bring back home the 1 kilo bread ("the boule"), the baguette and some pastries.
Indeed it reminds me the best bakeries in Europe.
The bread is just excellent, and my family does not let me enjoy it long enough: they eat it in less than 24 hours.
ERIC KAYSER is also offering snacks and the menu looks excellent ... but I did not try it ... only take the bread...
A highly exciting bakery indeed.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I tried it for one time, I ordered Alfongi Pasta with Grill Chicken. The taste was Good. Location was V.Good

• Visited May 2011