“whole cow!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“whole cow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

this place been in talked with many friends of mine and me too. try the whole cow! it was so yummy and you can grilled it by yourself. and enough for 3 i guess. so BIG but worth to try if you are dine with a couple or friends. kimchi rice was super! and so with the other meals. Every single time i visited, they always have some snacks differently and that's a good thing (be careful to get full before your meal arrived.!) try to get seat at tatami section where you can feel the Korean ambiance.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Nonthaburi, Thailand
“Great Choice for Korean BBQ Buffet on Tuesday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have been here twice for a la carte but 1st time for BBQ buffet. Many Asian friends talked and recommended this place so I decided to book the table for two on Tuesday's night for the buffet.

Nice atmosphere, professional staff and high quality of food make this place worth a visit. It is a la carte buffet so we could choose what we wanted from the buffet menu, which could be viewed online from the restaurant facebook page. I viewed it before I visited so at least I got the idea what I would have. It is open from 6 to 11 pm.

This is all you can eat and drink (house beer and wine, and soft drinks) for 179 dirhams. Such a great value of money indeed. The menu choices starts from 2 appetizers: fried soft tofu with salad and seafood pancake, selections of meat: brisket, Australian marbled beef sirloin, rib eye, thin sliced rib meat, marinated beef rib Galbi, and marinated chicken leg, noodles: spicy seafood noodles soup and cold noodles soup, dessert: red bean ice cream, korean rice cake with red bean inside, and chocolate volcano.

We tried most of everything. The portion was proper while other places might give oversized portion to get you full asap. I love boneless beef Galbi which was very tasty and soft, and brisket. The house beer comes with Amstel, Victoria Bitter and Weisteiner. A bit disappointed when no korean beer available but soju is not bad for Korean drink.

I would definitely go back when I am craving for Korean BBQ. It is a great place to go.

• Visited October 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Korean cuisine fit for a king”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have always frequent Sonamu. It is one of the most reliable restaurant in Dubai where food is always up to standard and service is consistent. Their side dishes (Banchan) is always prepared fresh and plentiful. Extensive menu items fit for a King! The pancakes are a must try! They also cater to vegetarians where several items on the menu has vegetarian options. One of my favourite is the healthy rice, it is just short grain sticky rice cook together with red rice and red beans and other grains. for the health conscious kind like me! The best way to end your meal is when they serve you the cold cinnamon tea. It aids in digestion after a heavy meal, but honestly to me I just love the sweet cinnamon taste! Like dessert in a bowl! Try the grand dinner buffet on Friday and Saturday where u free flow of alcohol and mounts of food from Korea, Japan, China and Thailand. Value for money! An excellent way of sampling different cuisine at one sitting and satisfying needs of all craving.

• Visited September 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best korean restaurant in Dubai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We have been in Sonamu a number of times. We love the BBQ beef, lamb, chicken, kimchi, seafood soup. We normally go for the korean buffet which includes the selections from the japanese restaurant with fresh and nice selections of sushi, tempuras etc. you can also include alcohol with the buffet. Beer and wines.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dubai
“Taste good,but..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my Korean friend to have noodle.
But unfortunately they didi't have what we expected, so we ordered something else.
Food was delicious and big, but the staff was not so attentive.. I had to call them very loud since they were alway far from our table.
Anyway, food was nice, so I would like to come back soon!

• Visited July 2013