The cottage is the quintessential French restaurant in the Financial Centre. Framework and brasserie with Mediterranean touches. Nice terrace at the entrance of the restaurant.
To date, business lunch for three. Unfortunately, our reservation of old had not been taken into account and because of the success of the restaurant, we had to settle for the terrace.
The restaurant attracts many businessman and people just "who wants to be see.....". Some waiters speak French.
That day we chose the following dishes:
- Tomato and Burrata
- Beef Carpaccio
- Green Beans Salad with Foie Gras (my choice)
- Sole Sautéed in Mustardseed (with accompanying selected green beans)
- Grilled Sirloin (400g) (accompanying with French fries)
- Grilled Veal Chop (accompanying with potato gratin) - My choice.
Beverages: 1 liter plain water, 1 liter sparkling water, 3 ristrettos
Initially, a bread basket is proposed, choice of white or two grains. Fresh bread.
Then, the entries are put on the table (bad service and timing because spacing of approx. 20-25 minutes between the intake of the first and third entry)
I must say that the bean salad was excellent accompanied by foie gras. Crispy to perfection.
As main dish, my veal chop was good but does not justify its price (see below). In addition, damage that a sauce is not proposed with. A contrario, excellent potato gratin, a treat. My friends have also found their food good. I could also taste the fries, which I have shaped are "homemade" french fries
Overall, I would qualified the food as excellent, but the service is "light", and too slow, also prices are excessive. But the setting is really nice.
Areas for improvement:
- The price (225 AED plus 10% of charges and services) for a veal chop is abused. As well as AED 320 for a fried sole with mustard seeds.
- Service slow. The restaurant works well but the servers don't follow and the dishes don't arrive at the same time at the table
If you own or manage La Petite Maison, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.