“Desert Safari” 5 of 5 stars

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Desert Safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Back from a week packed activity break in Dubai used Orient Tours again for my private desert safari all i can say is that this company is perfect for anyone booking a desert safari pick up time from hotel on time the tour it self was really good an the campsite they have offered good food and entertainment, and last the most important thing the driver/tour guide was fantastic could not of meet a more friendly guy which makes the tour a good experience, also safety is the upmost importance with this company, would not hesitate using again or recomending to anyone who is traveling to dubai and thinking of doing a desert safari.

Visited February 2013

Dubai
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just got back from a Desert Safari with Orient Tours. Can't recommend this company highly enough. Two families of four - the boys wanted a full dune bash and the girls wanted a more sedate experience - great time had by all. Camp and food were both excellent along with the entertainment. Perfect for couples and families. All children between 12 and 4 had a great time and loved the sand boarding and camel rides. Thank you Orient Tours

Visited February 2013
Oregon
6 attraction reviews
“Desert adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Pickup at hotel then visit to camel dairy which had about 100, many moms with babies nursing. Very good. Off to the dune driving which was scary enough with fishtailing, up and down hills. 1 woman got car sick. Off to the camp where we could do sandboarding, ride a camel, hold a falcon, have henna tattoo, see demo of sand art, alcohol available for a reasonable price. Then the very excellent meal buffet style. Lots of veggies and meat, so for all tastes. Then entertainment, sitting on cushions around dance area to watch the dervish which is amazing and then the very good belly dancer. Not a dull moment. I enjoyed it so much, I returned the next day. Transport 1st day, Toyota 4runner, 2nd day a Humvee. This is a well thought out activity, not to be missed when in Dubai.

Muscat, Oman
23 attraction reviews
“Must take this desert tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Even if you take your own vehicle to Dubai, I advise you to park it and take these guided tours in their 4WD. Make sure you spend some extra money on the bike rides in the sand dunes. It is once in lifetime chance, if you are not from a 'deserted' place. Evening, there is free camel ride and a dinner with lots of entertainment. We as family really enjoyed it.

Visited August 2012
Singapore, Singapore
64 attraction reviews
“Young company with potential to grow, some things need to work on...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

From what I heard and gathered, this is a young company that has the potential to grow after they work on some things. I joined their 4x4 desert safari on 1 afternoon and the city tour on other afternoon.

1. Before tours starts, the office coordinator did email to change timing. Both day, both changed. I heard from other passengers they change as early as 2 hours ahead. What if customer is not in?? A tour company that offers tours jolly well sticks to its given time as much as possible and only make change of up to +/- 30 mins and that's the maximum.

2. When they came to pick up for safari, they are prompt. But me and my son are big guys. We were to sit in the rear 2 seats of the 4x4 which isn't a proper seat and we could only fit in by crossing our legs. But the time we got out, our legs were numb. Luckily the other nice passengers swapped with us. If we meet some nasty passengers who refused, I can't imagine enjoying the evening.

3. Safari was relatively well organized. The camp that Orient Tours used was quite alright. Camel ride was a 20 seconds walk. But perhaps some people wanted more or less. Camel organizer did a lousy job and the queues were messed up and people in the rear gets to go first after the camels split the queues.

4. On city tour, the pickup was to a centralized location (in my case Sherato Jumeirah) which is quite far from my hotel in Festival City. Driver and company were constantly exchanging phone calls which is a bit worrying when we're on the road. (There's a reason why many countries banned cellphone while driving)

5. The guide for my city tour was clearly a novice, but he tried his best and I see his efforts are good. He tried to give as much information as possible on the bus. But at times, we gotto listen hard as we were trying to differentiate if he's speaking English or Arabic! LOL

I came from a travel background and I am a tour guide myself for many years. So if I were to judge, overall I think the company is doing OK and there's many potentials to grow and especially after looking into the areas of improvement.

Visited December 2012