“Advertised kandmarks were not visible” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #95 of 187 Tours & Activities in Dubai
More attraction details
Owner description: Desert Rangers provides you one stop shop for desert adventures, team building activities, desert safari in dubai,Dune Buggy Safaris, Quad Bikking, Camel Trekking, Sand Boarding,with its own Desert Camp facilities, Dhow Cruises in Dubai Creek, Dubai Marina Cruises with 5 star services with its own fleet of 5 Luxury Dhow Boats.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Advertised kandmarks were not visible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We are two couples and booked this tour in the hotel beause the brochure advertised landmarks to be seen The Palm Jumeirah, Atlantis Hotel and Burj Al Arab Hotel. That was a ly. We did not leave the marina, After departure we went back agin to pick other guestswhich booked online but boerded not on time.
The 5Star buffet did not have nay slad dressing available!
BIGGESR DISAPPOINTMENT DURING OUR DUBAI VISIT.

Visited June 2014

Taipei, Taiwan
3 attraction reviews
“Worth for a try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

It's a whole new experience when you stand in the middle of a huge desert. Desert safari is an exciting try, but don't expect too much for the offered dinner. And please do not ride the camels. They look so poor, and it's too cruel for the camels.

Visited April 2014
atlanta
4 attraction reviews
“Seemed ok to me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I read all of the bad reviews about 10 minutes after I confirmed my trip. I was ready to cancel on them if they were one minute late, but the driver actually showed up about 8:25. Carla had emailed me to confirm my trip (Dune buggy safari) and would answer some questions by emails, but not others like "Is the driver going to be there at 8 or 8:30?" I didn't go downstairs til 8:25 and the driver pulled up right then. He calls before he arrives anyway.

We sped away to pick up two more Swedish guys and then out to Sharjah. You're on highway for quite a while and the driver took off on a dirt road across the desert. It's east of Sharjah, out by some Agricultural fields and a military compound.

Anyway, the driver was quite nice. We did pull over at the obligatory convenience store for water, but me and the other two brought our own so the driver's the only one that got out. They give you water and soft drinks at the camp anyway.

We four wheeled it through the desert to the camp. It was kind of cheesy, but it looks just like the photos. Alittle run down looking, but it is in the middle of no where. The bathrooms were clean and very good, considering the location. We paid upon arrival at the camp, they made us wait for who knows what for about 5 minutes, then brought the buggies around. No tutorial besides "gas, brake, fast up hills, slow down hills". I put on the helmet and googles and got into my buggy. There was a guide in front and in the rear to be sure we didn't get lost. We drove out for an hour, saw camels, bedouins, miliatry people, mostly sand and eucalyptus. We went up the sides of dunes and then down. Don't be scared, just follow the guide!

I wish i had worn a bandana around my face, but just make sure the goggle fit well - the sand is very fine and it gets everywhere! They stop about half way for a drink / photo break.

When we got back to camp there were two camels saddled up and then a guy walked out with a falcon. I had to get a picture holding it, cost 10AED which I didn't think was bad. My dune buggy trip was 550AED, which seems a little steep but not terrible. I think I would have paid the same in Las Vegas.

Everyone was really nice, after we were finished we hung around camp for five minutes for I don't know what and then got in the car. I think sandboarding was supposed to be included, but the two guys i was with said they didn't like it when they did it so I didn't bother.

Visited March 2014
Houston
11 attraction reviews
“Great fun in the Desert!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My sister and I went on the Evening Desert Safari with Desert Rangers. I recommend this safari for people who want the full experience, but are on a budget. This company is very experienced, with a fleet of 50 vehicles and a dedicated desert camp. Our adventure began as our good-humored and skilled driver, Imtiaz, took us off the desert highway and onto the dunes. It was awesome fun, thrilling but not scary. We were in good hands. There were plenty of photo opps in the beautiful desert landscape. We rendez-vou'd with other adventurers at the camp, where we enjoyed the standard entertainment options (belly dancer, whirling dervish, henna, shisha, camels and falcons) and decent food. Cash bar was well-stocked and there was flushing toilet, paper and soap in the restrooms. The desert camp shows a little wear and tear, but I am guessing it's hard to keep things fresh-looking in the desert. The friendly attitude of the mostly Pakistani staff and management shines through.

Visited March 2014
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Dune Buggy Dubai - AVOID.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Please avoid this company, awful!! www.dunebuggydubai.com (managed by/part of the Desert Rangers/North Tours company)

My wife and I were picked up from our Hotel at the correct time and 1 hour later we arrived.
This was the only thing that they got right!

We arrive a run down group of shacks with staff who were very disorganised.
We had to wait 45 minutes for the buggies to arrive. When they did arrive they gave us gaffer taped helmets and tried to secure my wife and myself into our 2 separate buggies. We clearly discovered both harnesses where broken and could not be clipped together. They then tried to just tie a knot in the harness, very dangerous.
They had no other buggies to replace these broken buggies.We then refused to take the buggies out and asked to be taken back to our hotel. The two other norwegians we shared our taxi with went out in their buggies but said it wasn't worth the money. The pictures on their website (www.dunebuggydubai.com) are completely different to the real thing!
4 weeks later we are still waiting for our refund of £172 - that was promised within 7 days.
Terrible and very dangerous. Avoid!!!

Visited December 2013