“Good hotel with a good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai

You added Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai to your Saves list
Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road | P.O.Box 9940, Dubai 9940, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #83 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Manama
“Good hotel with a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The hotel is well situated in Sheikh Zayed Road and is walking distance from a few coffee shops and about a 5 minute drive from Dubai Mall.

Staff are very helpful and corteous.

There is free internet which is welcome in Dubai. Most hotels in Dubai charge a ridiculous fee for Internet.

Rooms are nice and spacious, but beds and pillows could be better for a 5 star hotel. Seemed to have a backache everytime I woke up in the morning

Overall though, it's a good hotel to stay in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review. Certainly, we pride ourselves upon our convenient location which has efficiently served tourists and business people alike. Close to shopping malls, attractions and with a daily shuttle service to the beach, our excellent location is definitely a stand-out feature.

What’s more, I’m delighted to hear praise for our courteous and attentive staff, elements which we strive to ensure are of an impeccable quality. Our rooms are also very attractive and are supplemented by fantastic views. I am also pleased that you reaped the benefits of our free internet access. However, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing to my attention your issues with sleep quality. I apologise for any inconvenience caused and will look into this matter to see how I can ensure better nights' sleep in the future.

In the meantime, I hope you can overlook this issue and would be delighted if you chose to stay with us again.

Cornelia Erhardt,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nigeria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This was my second stay in this hotel after a very positive impression during a one night stay in June 2013. This time I spent 2.5 days. My strongest positives remain the rooms, the layout, view, furnishing and space.
The staff are also quite friendly and efficient. However, I got quite upset when the gent handling my check-in converted my USD instead of holding it as a deposit as I understood he would. This increased my bill by 5%.
As a frequent traveller I have often paid in a USD cash deposit which was returned upon settlement by local currency or credit card. The Duty Manager didn't seem to care that I had this issue.
Otherwise nice well located hotel even if lacking in character or style.

Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you chose to stay with us again following your first visit. Indeed, our modern rooms - supplemented by fantastic facilities and spectacular panoramic views – have been praised by many of our guests and as such, I am pleased to hear that they have also served you well. Our location - in close proximity to nearby business and tourist destinations - has also proved to be an outstanding element of high convenience.

Additionally, much of our energy and time is channelled into ensuring an unrivalled level of customer service and I am therefore delighted that you have highlighted our staff’s friendly demeanour and efficiency levels. I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused by your deposit being converted, I will be sure to look into this issue to ensure it does not happen again in the future.

In the meantime, I hope you can overlook this issue to choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Location: ideal if you need to attend a conference in the World Trade Centre, which is just opposite the main road
Service: super, also because staff is abundant
Room: large, luxurious, very comfortable bed, huge bathroom, very clean
Pool: just fantastic
Breakfast: lots of choice for all tastes
Restaurants: I tried the sushi place and the Lebanese restaurant, and both were fine
In summary: top-notch; you get what you pay for... but you do pay for what you get.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your outstanding review.

I am proud to hear that our range of quality amenities facilitated in providing you with a pleasant stay. Our excellent location is undoubtedly one of our stand-out features - lying in close proximity to nearby business and tourist destinations - helping to serve all manner of guests.

Additionally, much of our energy is channelled into ensuring courteous and attentive customer service which I am delighted to see has been highlighted in your review. Likewise, our luxurious rooms - complete with modern bathrooms and breathtaking reviews – have been commended by many of our past guests and I am delighted to see these amenities also serving you to a high standard.

Offering exquisite cuisine and a range of quality facilities is of paramount importance to us and therefore it is fantastic to see you praise these elements.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your outstanding review and I hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We got a room with a fantastic view. Very good standard. Breakfast buffet ok, but nothing really fantastic for this part of the world (if it was Europe it would have been great, but by Dubai standards just ok). Nice roof top pool. A bit far from everything, I think I would prefer to stay closer to the marina. However, taxis are cheap and metro station close so it was acceptable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that our luxurious rooms - supplemented by outstanding panoramic views over the surrounding area - made your stay an enjoyable one. We strive to adhere to a high level of quality at all times and as such, I am proud to hear that our facilities served you well.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the standard of breakfast, our chef team always try to provide excellent cuisine for our guests but I will look into how we can improve this particular area if at all possible.

Likewise, I apologise if our location was of any inconvenience to you. We do run a daily shuttle service to the beach and our close proximity to the metro station and an abundance of taxis have proved efficient in providing fast links to nearby attractions.

In the meantime, I hope that you can overlook these minor inconveniences and would be delighted if choose to stay with us again the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Radisson Royal Hotel in Dubai for 4 nights and was really pleased with my choice of hotel. The location is great, just a few minutes walk from the World Trade Center stop of the Dubai Metro, which made it really quick and easy to get to from the Airport but also easy to get to and from the main attractions and malls. The only negative aspect of the location is that the hotel is not located by the beach.

I found the service in the hotel overall excellent. As a Concierge member of the Club Carlson frequent guest member I got a complimentary upgrade to a superior room. It is worth mentioning that on arrival my room was not ready and had to wait for about 30mins for it to be cleaned but that was because I arrived at 9am, way before the official check-in time.

The room was spacious and very clean, and there were 4 small bottles of complimentary water which were replenished on a daily basis. There was also a box of Godiva chocolates and a welcome letter from the manager, which I thought was a nice touch. The bathroom featured toiletries by The White Company.

The hotel facilities were overall very good. The pool area is not very big but it was never busy and there was always available loungers to use. The fitness area was fairly well equipped and the gym equipment was clean and new. There's complimentary water and apples too.

The service was 99% of the time excellent. The super friendly lady in the lounge remembered what I had the first day for breakfast and would ask me if I wanted the same on subsequent mornings. The concierge was also very helpful, suggesting places to visit and things to do in Old Dubai. The only time that the service fell short was when I checked out and the gentleman at reception misheard me and was quite abrupt in his response.

Overall, excellent hotel and will definitely stay there on my next trip to Dubai.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I am delighted with your fantastic review and the fact that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Indeed, our desirable location is one of our outstanding features - an aspect which has served many guests well in the past. We are just a stone’s throw away from the metro station which is very convenient for fast efficient transport to nearby malls and attractions. Although we are not as close to the beach as we would have liked, we do run a daily shuttle service which has been highly commended and I hope this serves you well on future stays.

It is fantastic to hear that our luxurious rooms and quality facilities have been appreciated. Much of our time is spent ensuring that our guests are treated with an unparalleled level of hospitality and as such, I am proud that our endeavours have paid dividends.

Likewise, we strive to ensure a courteous and attentive manner in all aspects of our customer service. I am delighted that our staff paid close attention to you personally and that this further enhanced your stay with us. I would like to take this opportunity however to sincerely apologise for the slight mishap in service you received at reception, I will look into this matter to ensure it does not happen again.

It has been a pleasure to have you stay with us at the Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai and I hope choose to do so again in the near future.

sanaa hadda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great staff luxury hotel every thing was great
Great location near the metro station
In the middle of the heart beat dhiekh zayed road
Great swimming pool location
Very clean pool
Very tasty food
Helpful staff and in Radisdin Royal full of smily faces

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled by your praising review.

We pride ourselves upon ensuring high quality standards in every aspect of the Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai, from the pool to cuisine, are kept to an impeccable standard. Especially pleasing is the fact that you highlighted our staff’s helpfulness and enthusiastic demeanour, service that we channel much of our time into perfecting.

Our location is indeed very desirable, lying in close proximity to nearby shopping malls and tourist destinations.
It would be a pleasure to have you choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Cornelia Erhardt
Kristiansand, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel is located closed to everything. Only a short walk to the subway or short ride to Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa. I arrived very late in the evening (23:30) and was told I was upgraded to higher floor (40th) and deluxe room. My room was great, clean and the bed was excellent. The bathroom was superb. Fantastic views of the strip and all the way to Burj al Arab and the old town in the opposite direction. There is a famous night club on the 1st floor, but there was no noise. Staff was very helpful and made sure my every need was addressed. I had no time for breakfast most days, but this hotel allows you to grab something "to go", perfect for me in the morning. When checking in I requested a "The Box Appeal" box and I urge every traveler to fill one up, as I did.

Room Tip: Get a higher room for the views!