“Nice hotel but the little things add up.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai

You added Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai to your Saves list
Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road | P.O.Box 9940, Dubai 9940, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #80 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
Orlando, Florida
“Nice hotel but the little things add up.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Radisson Royal for two nights in November. First impressions were excellent as the hotel was exceptionally clean and the staff was pleasant and very helpful, even at our arrival time of 300am.

Now this is where the little things started to happen. First thing was that the hot water was not working in the shower. We called, and a employee showed up rather quickly and fixed it. The only problem was the water was now too hot, but we were so tired we didn't call to complain. The biggest issue we had is that the room next door must have been on their honeymoon. We heard everything, for a very long time. The sound proofing is severely lacking, and sleeping is a major factor in choosing a hotel and that's why I cannot recommend this one.

• Stayed November 2012
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and saying such lovely things about my team – we want every guest to enjoy true five star service when they stay here.

I must say I am disappointed that other guests in the hotel had such a detrimental effect on your sleep. Sound proofing has been highlighted by a few of our other reviewers and this is something I will be making progress with in the future.

I am sorry that your hot water was not working as it should have been, when you checked-in to your room. I will fully consult with my team about this issue and will have this fixed immediately.

We do have an amazing facility here, I hope you make a point of staying with us again – so you can reassess our five star merits.

Cornelia Erhardt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tonsberg, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The staff did what they could to treat you as a special person. And they succeed. The hotel was great, and so was the staff. The Breakfast held a high class international standard. The Japanese restaurant I 50 and 51 floor was a pleasure to visit. Our suite was always clean and tidy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Every department of the hotel has performed brilliantly during your stay and we were so close to receiving a perfect score. Nothing is too much trouble for my team and I am delighted you felt like a VIP (we want every guest to feel that way).

Our Icho Restaurant has developed a fantastic reputation within Dubai. Guests are always wowed by the amazing dining experience and the menu offers a five star haven of treats. As you know we have many exciting venues within our hotel.

I hope we can dazzle you again in the near future.

Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

A magnificent hotel in Dubai, located a kilometer away from Burj Kahlifa and Dubai Mall, with all you can wish for in a true five star hotel! Great rooms, view, service and amenities. A quick ten minutes away from the airport and the beach, this hotel has a near perfect location. All thumbs up, except one thing: The three-room bathroom we had, (one WC-room, one room with a sink and mirror, and one HUGE walk in shower/bath tub) was literally reeking with urine. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left every bathroom-business was a hold your breath-business. I guess I wouldn't have any problem with a poor view, a broken lamp etc. But I am picky with the bathroom situation in hotels, demanding them to be clean and comfortable.
Overall a star hotel in a sparkling city, with only a good cleaning away from five stars by my standards.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing east or west at low floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sending us your thoughts on your recent visit – I am delighted you found us to be “a true five star hotel.” You are absolutely right, we are very handily placed for the airport and Jumeriah Beach – with the Dubai World Trade Centre extremely close by.

I will of course be investigating why you were able to check-in to a dirty room, this should never happen and I am embarrassed that you found yourselves in this situation. What a shame though that we were unable to resolve this problem for you straight away. One phone call and we would have had this resolved immediately.

Overall, I do believe our “star hotel” has impressed you greatly. You clearly managed to explore a lot of our property (did you notice we even have our own sensational Mo*Vida Nightclub?) I do hope you we will be back to experience our full potential.

Staines, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed in Dubai for an exhibition and this was really a great location while being easy to reach downtown and Jumeira Beach.
Reception was very nice, top floor bar was excellent and Japanese Teppanyaki restaurant was superb.
Definitely on my favourites list for Dubai!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that you chose to stay in our establishment and that we have been added to your Dubai favourites. I am sure my Icho team will be eager to hear of your review. To receive such praise, from a chef of your calibre, should be just the incentive we need to take the restaurant to even greater heights.

I am glad you had the opportunity to experience some of the many elements of our hotel and that you were so happy to have stayed here. We just need to make sure that your next visit is even better – we really appreciate your feedback.

Good luck with the rest of your important travels, we hope you can visit Dubai again soon!

mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I went with my family to Dubai on New Year's Eve last year and we had an amazing experience!
We had our rooms on the 40th Floor and it was a breathtaking view! Emirates Towers and Burj Khalifa. Rooms were great and spacious. I loved the spacious bathrooms too. The staff was courteous too. Once there was a problem with the shuttle service they made sure we reached the drop off point comfortably so they called the 7 series BMW to drop us. Food was excellent! I really loved the breakfast buffet we had. The location was good too. There are a variety of great fast food joints near the hotel and the other attractions were near by too! I would surely love to stay there again! Made our new year special :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Another perfect review for our five star hotel, I really enjoyed reading all about your New Year.

Some time has passed since your stay, but it was wonderful to hear how staying with us made your celebrations so “special.” We really believe in our operation and all of your remarks highlight why we are such fabulous value.

Dubai is one of the most exciting global destinations and our hotel is designed to ensure you can enjoy the best views, stay in luxurious bedrooms and enjoy five star dining & services throughout your stay.

I am sure you found us extremely family friendly, I hope you can visit here again soon.

Colintraive, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a big and quite dreary hotel. It is supposed to be Nordic design but no, it is just dreary. Our suite was a good size, bedroom, bathroom, sitting area and a microwave and sink kitchenette thing. The rooms were decorated in a brownish grey. The bathroom door would not shut properly and the artwork on the walls gave me nightmares.
The restaurant downstairs, I forget the name, was not good. For such a big hotel choice was very limited and on the first night, just wanting a snack, we opted for a pizza. This must be the saddest and soggiest pizza that I have ever had. The following morning we had breakfast here, luke-warm food, cold plates, hypothermia inducing air-con; not good.
The hotel is billed as having two pools , one for children and one for adults. Unfortunately both are tiny and sit side by side on a small area of open space with very few loungers and no shade at all.We took a look and went swiftly away as it was so unappealing.
The only good thing is the Teppan restaurant which was as good as Yen in Glasgow, which is high praise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel – you have added a lot of detail here and this is always very constructive for our five star operation.

It is obviously disappointing that your particular room style did not appeal. If your bathroom door required maintenance, I must apologise that this had not happened prior to your visit.

The examples of food quality you have described are several levels below are usual high standards. I assure you that I will follow up this feedback with my kitchen team – these sorts of inconsistencies must be quickly rectified. The breakfast environment also sounds very unusual; did you ask our restaurant team to adjust the air conditioning for you?

We have had several comments recently about the size and arrangement of our pool areas. Despite being so close to Jumeirah Beach, we felt it important to provide a private swimming area within our hotel. Following guest opinion, we will over time be adapting this feature.

I do hope that you enjoyed more than just our outstanding Icho Restaurant. Our five star hotel is pretty unique to Dubai, great value and tastefully arranged - with an excellent range of services.

Thank you again for providing such valuable feedback. I do hope you will return to our fantastic location soon - to rediscover all of our five star merits.

kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you are looking for the best hotel with reasonable price near the Dubai convention center , this hotel is the one to reserve in . Just a across the road from the Dubai convention center on the main road of sheik zayed road . Easy to reach thru the pedestrian bridge which also serve the metro station . Have a variety of restaurants inside the hotel . Also outside a lot of Cafes and restaurant along with supermarket Just a few steps .
Nice hotel with excellent staff.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Guest,

You were clearly very pleased with your choice of hotel; the location of our property us hugely popular with Dubai. As you found out, we are only 300m from the Dubai World Trade Centre – with the DICEC easily accessed and super transport links all around.

It would be great to find out what made our score drop, as value and service received high praise within your review. We are obviously thrilled your trip to Dubai went so well and that you liked our selection of three fantastic restaurants (Icho - Japanese, Indo – Thai Asian and our international Celsius Restaurant).

It was lovely to hear praise of our “excellent staff” - we all look forward to your next visit!

Cornelia Erhardt

Been to Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai? Share your experiences!