“Fantastic Hotel, Excellent location!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai

You added Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai to your Saves list
Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road | P.O.Box 9940, Dubai 9940, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #80 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
“Fantastic Hotel, Excellent location!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Radisson Royal in Dubai is an excellent hotel. It is a new hotel located right in the centre and only minutes from the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa..Modern new design with beautiful rooms - request a high floor as the views from the rooms are spectacular.
The service throughout the hotel is excellent, very friendly, professional at all times, they really enjoy their jobs!
Nice restaurants, pool, nice big gym with great quality equipment and beautiful looking Spa.
I cant wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Request high floor for the specatular views of the city!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
We do enjoy our jobs very much here, and reviews like yours make all our hard
work worthwhile.

I’m glad you were able to try so many of our facilities, I hope you were able to
eat your way through all of our restaurants. We do get some amazing views,
especially for Icho Japanese Restaurant on 49th floor and above.

I hope you’ll get the chance to come back soon.

Cornelia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed at Radisson Royal for one night on a short weekend sightseeing trip from Saudi. I selected it for its affordable price on Expedia, its location near the Metro station and because I noticed that the management took the time to write detailed responses to every review posted on Trip Advisor. I took this as an assurance of attention to detail and I was right.

Without doubt, this was the best run hotel I have ever stayed at. Any hotel manager would do well to visit this Radisson Royal to learn what customer service is all about. I arrived early - about 12:00 noon but was able to check-in immediately. Check-in was fast and was conducted at a low desk sitting in a comfortable armchair. My room was spectacular and spotlessly clean. I had requested a room with a view of the Burj Khalife and was given a corner room on the 10th floor with floor to ceiling glass walls. As I entered my room, the curtains opened automatically to reveal a spectacular view of the Burj and Downtown while a personalized welcome message came up on the TV. Nice touch.
The room was beautiful and very stylish with attention to every detail. Actually, the design was maybe a little too detailed. The key card holder was so well integrated into the light switch panel that I didn't see it. I hoped in the shower as soon as got in the room and after a couple of minutes the lights went out. I groped around in the dark until I got the light on again and got back in the shower, but the lights went out again after a couple of minutes. I found my way to the phone in the dark and called reception to find out how to keep the lights on. The receptionist was able to tell me how to put the key card in the holder without making me feel like a total fool. Unfortunately, when I put the key in the holder, the curtains opened again and I was standing in front of my floor to ceiling glass corner room with the spectacular views - dripping wet and totally naked!!! My fault - can't blame the hotel.
It was the service from all of the staff that really impressed me. There always seemed to be somebody at just the right strategic location who could spot the slightest sign of confusion or need and step in with a friendly and well timed helping hand. The arrangement of the elevators is a bit confusing, but there was usually somebody stationed near the elevators to guide you to your destination. I stopped at the front desk on my way to the restaurant to see if I could borrow an adapter for my cell phone. I had to return to my room a few minutes later and found the adaptor had already been delivered and the phone was plugged in.
I thought the breakfast was a little expensive at about $30, but it was a spectacular buffet with something for everybody and very attentive but unobtrusive wait staff.
I highly recommend this hotel to anybody no matter how descerning. I can think of no faults. It far exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of Burj Khalife.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
How nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay, thanks for such a glowing review. We all really value the feedback we get from our guests and want to make sure we’re doing everything we can to offer them a great experience while staying at our hotel. I love reading all the reviews here and I think it’s so important that you feel like we are listening.

We do constantly update our rooms with the latest technology. I do hope it didn’t cause too many blushes for you on this occasion!

I will give my whole team a pat on the back, ‘exceptional’ is the standard we always aim for and we are all happy to go out of our way to make guests comfortable.

We like to really treat our guests at breakfast time and go all-out with fresh, exciting local ingredients. You are spoilt for choice food-wise when you stay with us.

We hope you’ll stay with us again and perhaps try some of our other fabulous Japanese or South East Asian restaurants.

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed here for one night with a friend at the beginning of Ramadan and it was amazing. This is the first time I have chosen to stay in a Radisson property. We were upgraded to a corner room upon arrival, which had floor to ceiling windows and spectacular views over Sheikh Zayed Road. We ate at the Asian restaurant and had breakfast in the main restaurant which was great. We spent the day at the pool which had fab views! The only difficult part was reaching the 39th floor from the pool and breakfast area, we had to swap lifts which was a bit confusing. Definitely want to come back on my next visit after Ramadan and try out the club!

Room Tip: High floors for stunning views
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Fab review - It sounds like you had a lovely trip! Great!
Our 18 metre pool is a great place to relax and look over the Jumairah Beach.

Speaking as a foodie myself, I am very glad you enjoyed your meals. Which restaurants did you chose? Our Japanese sushi and Teppanyaki at Icho, Arabian cuisine or seafood at Al Mersat, the Pool Bar or Asian classics at the Indo Asian Thai Restaurant? Did you catch our live cooking demonstrations at Celsius?

We’re so looking forward to having you back. Next time, why not book a table at Icho, our Japanese restaurant on the 49th floor with the best views of the city?
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Only stayed for a single night, but found the hotel to be excellent. Good service and the room was fantastic, good size, amazing views and fantastic bathroom (also with great views). Wireless was strong throughout the hotel which is also a bonus, with no irritating password, just connection straight away.

Room Tip: Great views from the upper floors
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
I love reading such nice positive feedback like yours. Thank you! So pleased you enjoyed the views over our stunning city of Dubai. We never tire of them and guests are always taken aback by them. This, to our customers, is a very important feature of our hotel.

Our free wifi is here to help to make your stay more enjoyable and I’m glad you made good use of it. We do think it's important to take all of the hassle out of your travels so you can go home well rested. Hope you'll come back again soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

What a fantastic property. I can honestly it is one of the most enjoyable hotels I have ever stayed at. I spent 7 nights there in June of 2012 and the only reason I did not give this location an excellent was because the pool was closed. The hotel did however offer a shuttle to the other Radisson(downtown) to use their pool and also had a shuttle to the beach.
The breakfast buffet in the morning was incredible and this due to the friendly staff. I can say the staff in this hotel were very helpful and always friendly.
Overall I highly recommend the Radisson Royal.

Room Tip: Was on the 36th floor. Room was fantastic. Wifi worked great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Delighted to read that we would have scored a ‘perfect’ had it not been for the closure of the pool area for maintenance but I am delighted to say that all the hard work to get the pool open has paid off and is now fully operational again. I hope you’ll have a chance to come back soon, and in your own words enjoy our ‘incredible’ breakfasts… and of course this time you can enjoy relaxing by our pool.

Cornelia Erhardt
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Staying at Radisson Royal was a revelation and an astonishing experience - having stayed in lots of very high ranked hotels on Trip Advisor - and being a SPG member, I chose this hotel due to the great summer rates. Got an upgrade to the suite room on 38th floor with a view to die for. The club lounge on 42nd floor was superb - Mr Raydan and Mr Freddie were wonderful hosts and nothing was too much for them.
The view from the bath tub was an experience in itself.
Location is perfect - bang opposite Emirates Towers and a short distance from Burj Khalifa, which too was visible from my room.
Wonderful - great - awesome - keep up the great work and the prices reasonable as even now most hotels are priced way beyond they are worth!!!

• Stayed July 2012
This review makes for fantastic reading and I can’t wait to share this with my team… wonderful - great – amazing! Thank you!

I’m delighted your room and views from there (and your bath tub) were so well enjoyed. They really are breathtaking – I can vouch for that. Whilst we can’t take credit for our exceptional surroundings it’s just a great reminder of how well located we are and how our talented architects have made sure to maximize our amazing landscape here in Dubai. Thank you for your kind words regarding our hosting skills; it’s great to get feedback by name on good service. I do hope that we get a chance to welcome you back when you are next in Dubai.

Thank you so much again for such an excellent rating.

Cornelia Erhardt
Amman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for the second time this July, in the past it was called JAL Hotel for Japan Airlines, both times I made my booking through the Alphatours counter on the arrival of terminal 1, as a last minute purchase rate (AED 500 = USD 140) . The rooms are good size , high-tech equipments, high floor gives you a great view of Sheikh Zayed Road . Clubs, restaruants are all walking distance. Would definetely come back if I could get same rates.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for such an excellent rating. I’m so pleased that you will be coming back.

As you mentioned, we really do have everything you need and all within walking distance. So glad you appreciated the view; we are so fortunate, and particularly from the higher floors where they are exceptional. Look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Cornelia

Been to Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai? Share your experiences!