You added The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Superb hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband has stayed here on four occasionas with work whilst I've stayed once (at the same time) on leisure.

I cannot fault this hotel, it is superb. From the moment you pull up in a taxi, irrespective of time of night/day, you're greeted with faultless level of service. Even where a problem does arrive, once it is brought to the attention of staff they go beyond the call of duty to resolve. An example - we ate steak in the hotel restaurant. The waiter misheard my request for it not to be 'well done' and I was served a well done steak. On pointing this out I received an apology from my waiter, the chef and the restaurant manager. The whole bill, including wine, was on the house, on the proviso that we return at some point during the week, for a second meal. We duly did, and not only was my steak cooked to perfection but we got a free glass of champagne each.

The facilities are also outstanding - the pool is small but wonderfully situated with service second to none. The gym is simply amazing, the best I've ever been to in a hotel. The rooms are well stocked with beauty products and a fantastic (if pricey) mini bar and, on using the additional facilities like room service, house-keeping etc this is prompt and always with a smile.

Both on checking in and out there was no queueing time and we were dealt with promptly.

Literally the only thing which was an annoyance, was the smell of cigarette smoke along the corridoors. Whilst in the UK we've got used to hotels being non-smoking, in Dubai they aren't totally non-smoking and so the smell does waft which, as a non-smoker, I didn't find pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LotharQuarzGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Mrs Mackenzie,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such detailed and considered feedback regarding your recent stays with us at the hotel. I was particularly delighted to hear that the level of service you received really stood out to you, as the genuine care of our guests is our highest mission, and this is really what a true Ritz-Carlton experience is all about

At the same time I was sorry to hear that you encountered a smell of smoke in the corridor. We have certain floors dedicated to smoking rooms to avoid this happening, so please accept my apologies for this.

Thank you once again, and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you and your husband back again in the near future.

Lothar Quarz,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

It's little surprise that this hotel is nice, but it's also in a great central location to all things Dubai. Super comfy bed, amazing bath, top shelf restaurant, great lounge / bar. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr Williams,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our hotel; it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed so much of the experience, and made the most of our unique location.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback, and I do hope that we have the chance to host you again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Located nearby the Dubai Financial district and WTC the hotel offers a perfect service a business traveller.
The rooms and suites are fantastic and are Luxury Dubai style at it's best, have rarely seen such a big bath room and shower somewhere. All amenities are at your disposal including a Nespresso machine.
The service of the entire hotel staff is absolutely exceptional.
Tried all restaurants at the hotel, which offers all high end food and service.
Best is the patio lounge where you may seat in the night in a typical Arabian atmosphere.
Only the pool a the top of the building might be bigger. For such a big hotel, this area is too small.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the direction of the DIFC which offers a nice view from your room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
LotharQuarzGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Michael,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed a truly great experience, and I am particularly pleased that you found the service you received from our ladies and gentlemen to be exceptional.
I believe the patio lounge you are referring to is our Sunken Garden, which is also one of my personal favourite areas of our beautiful hotel.

I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back again in the near future, and thank you once again for your very kind words.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I booked through the Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts program, which entitled me to some incentives. I got way more than I expected. I arrived around 8am, was upgraded to a penthouse room, which included club level access and free wi-fi. The service was great. The food available in the club level, as well as the restaurant and room service was delicious. The room features were state of the art. I loved the mirror/tv! I definitely recommend and would stay here again, with or without the Amex FHR program! My next stop was Istanbul, and one of the receptionists was from there and gave me many helpful recommendations on things to do and places to see, thanks again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sir,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback about our hotel. I am delighted to hear that we were able to surpass your expectations in terms of the incentives you received and your overall experience.

I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Ritz-Carlton Istanbul, and do hope you continue to stay in our hotels in the future. We are always thrilled to hear about experiences from loyal guests who stay in our hotels all over the world. Thank you again for your loyalty and your feedback.

Shenzhen, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

if you're in business trip, this hotel will be good for you, not for leisure vacation, it's in Dubai IFC, even very business location, hotel is massive building with so many rooms, and very strong business style, hotel staff are nice and polite. but hotel forbid guest take building outside, an Indian security came to ask me delete photos I took from my camera, that's rude! totally ruined my impression about Ritz Carlton hotel.

Room Tip: hotel building not high, and no nice view all around, you can choose rooms as you want, no different...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LotharQuarzGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us, and please accept my sincere apologies for the unfortunate incident regarding your photographs. As a company, The Ritz-Carlton is committed to the privacy and security of our guests, and we are therefore particularly vigilant in terms of photography that does not immediately appear to be recreational. If we were overzealous in our care on this occasion, then I do sincerely apologise once again, and hope that you provide us with the opportunity to host you again as our guest in the future, so that we may show you a true Ritz-Carlton experience.

Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a week during a business trip. The service was exceptional, the room was very large and the amenities were great. It is only a few minutes away from the Dubai Mall and you can walk from the hotel the majority of the restaurants in the DIFC through the bridge.

The room service menu was on the expensive side so I tended to eat out. Breakfast buffet didn't have a huge selection but was good overall. The only downside during breakfast is that you would have to order your eggs through the waiter and most of the days the eggs never came (I waited for a good 20 minutes before I left).

I booked an appointment at the Spa for a deep tissue massage. This was a pleasant experience, however I was a little disappointed with the spa since it wasn't as good as other Ritz hotels I've stayed in. I would probably book an appointment at another spa in the future.

Overall, whether for business or pleasure (families can stay in the residence rather than the hotel), I wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Madame,

Thank you very much for leaving your comments regarding our hotel – all feedback is incredibly helpful and very gratefully received. I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your experience with us, and that you found the service to be exceptional.

I do hope that should you choose to stay with us again, we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations in all areas of your experience.

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stabdard top hotel in Dubai. It had all the ammenities with a rather large screen to watch the World Cup. Problem here wa sthat they wer enotused to so many people all wanting food and drinks atthe same time. Also limited menu in the football area.
Food upstairs outside was superb.
The room was spacious, especially the bathrrom. probabyl the largest I had ever stayed in.
I hired a car for one day, which was made easier by the fact they had an inhouse Eurocar desk.

Room Tip: Not really. I think they are all quiet and good quality.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the hotel. I am delighted that you were able to experience the wonderful atmosphere of our terrace during the World Cup. You are correct in saying that it was too crowded, and please accept my sincere apologies if the service was a little slower than usual. Unfortunately, we had not anticipated that the area would prove so popular. As a result, we subsequently increased the capacity and staffing to accommodate the demand for the later games, and we will now be well prepared for similar large-scale events in the future.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Lothar Quarz,

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre? Share your experiences!