“Confusion at the Reception Desk” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel

You added Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel to your Saves list
Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Khalifah Bin Zayed St | opp Burjuman Centre, Bur Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #91 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Perth
“Confusion at the Reception Desk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a hard time at the Park Regis from check-in to check-out. The staff at Reception became confused when our group of four, originally booked to share two double rooms, requested an extra room (i.e. three rooms in total). This is a fairly straightforward request however it was managed poorly by Reception and took way too long to organise.

I was unwell for part of my stay and needed to stay in bed for a day. Housekeeping was militant and I was made to feel that I needed to vacate the room so they could make it up, despite having the 'do not disturb' alert active.

We had extended our initial booking by a further two nights prior to leaving for Dubai, however we were required to check-out on the depart date of our original booking and check back in again for the additional two nights. This was unnecessary and inconvenient.

When we did check out, Reception totally stuffed up our bills with items for other rooms on our bill and items from before we had even checked in added to our bill. It took my partner 40 minutes at Reception to sort this out and they were quite rude about it.

The room itself was spacious and comfortable with a decent sized bathroom. It had an unpleasant chemical smell when you first walked in.

We didn't partake in the included breakfast or eat at the restaurant. We ordered room service a couple of times, it was delivered in good time and the quality was average - not bad but not wonderful.

We stuck our heads into the 'nightclub' one night to see what it was all about - some sort of karaoke night with Phillipino girls in very short hot pants tottering around in heels on stage.

Dubai's attractions are around 30 minutes from this hotel and taxis are very cheap in Dubai. There is nothing of note within walking distance. I wouldn't stay here again though, based on the service and attitude we received.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms with view of the harbour and/or old downtown area. Restaurant on 19th floor has awesome view of Burj Khalifa and new dowtown area. Great food for a good price. You would pay a lot more for that view and food elsewhere. Bar is on the same floor, also with a great view, nice drinks, also reasonable prices. Would stay there again anytime. Breakfast was always a bit crowded, but always a good variety and fresh. Pool on rooftop is also very nice. Highly recommend this hotel and its Kris Kin Restaurant and bar.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Good clean hotel for a short stay. Hotel is located in down town opposite to Burjman shopping mall and only about 15mins from the airport. I booked a premium suite, but they upgraded us to a presidential suite which was an excellent upgrade. The suite was really amazing with two huge rooms located at the 18th floor. First room is a spacious king room with a huge bathroom with shower cabin and bathtub . The other room with two single beds. The reception area was really huge with kitchenete and another big bath room. the suite includes 3 LCD's, fridge, complimentary tea / coffee / water. The suite in general is very modern style. as a package with the presidential suite there is a complementary breakfast and access to the business lounge. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short business trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
West Sussex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel is nothing special at all. The staff were reasonably helpful and the rooms ok. When I stayed here recently it was completely full and very crowded. The pool area on the roof was mobbed with children and families and for a hotel of this size 16 sun loungers was simply not enough. People were queuing for them!! as they were doing in reception to get into the restaurant. The reception area was something else....packed full of people at all hours....the reception desk under staffed and those queues again to get into the restaurant. I did find it odd the porters all wore purple stetsons as well.Both evenings the corridor on my floor was full of children unning up and down banging on doors. A swift word soon stopped that....for half an hour and the staff were reluctant to help out with this situation.
Average is the kindest word I can use to describe it on this forum.

Room Tip: cant think of one!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
motherwell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Arrived at hotel after tiring flight from Melbourne at 6.30am to be met by very pleasant and helpful staff at reception. Pleasantly surprised to be allowed into our room immediately though check in is 2pm. Our room was lovely, spotlessly clean with great view. All staff couldnt do enough for us to make our short stay enjoyable. Breakfast was delicious and bar on 19th floor amazing. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

arr t KRIS KIN not very helpful at the desk,was leaving next morn before b'fast time slot,said my brekkie was inclusive but was told to order room service,they would not be swayed
Went to my my room,tepid water,rang for asst bloke came up turned all the taps on and stood there for 25mins and it changed slightly so just had mildly warm shower,I arr lated than planned so was to tired and grotty to ask for a room change and the service never improved on my return stay either
I ordered a meal of steak w mash potato and pepper sauce,never rec any greens and had to pay ex for pkt whip pot,YUK and pkt sauce,disgusting meal and to pay all the extras
I had lost a sml coin purse somewhere so asked on my return trip if they found it there,was told they would contact housekeeping but never heard from them even though I said I would be in my room
Have told my travel agent not to rec this hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
parkregisdubai, General Manager at Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to apologize for the issues that you experienced at the Front Desk. I have followed up on them as I can assure you that our focus is to ensure that guests are assisted in every way.

With regards to the hot water I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience and this matter has been dealt with.

I have also noted your comment about packet vegetables being served, we do not under any circumstances serve anything but freshly produced items and in general we receive very positive comments about the standard on meals served.

I have looked into the loss of your coin purse and I regret to inform that we have not been succesful in locating it.

I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that we do take the satifaction of our guests very seriously and I would be delighted to have the opportunity to rectify the impressions that you have gained by this stay. If you could therefore contact me if you are coming to Dubai so that I may have the chance to display this to you.

Best regards

Scott Butcher
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Good clean hotel for a short stay. Not the best location although it is opposite a shopping mall and only about 15mins from the airport.
Food good and staff couldn't do enough for you. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short business trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel? Share your experiences!