stayed here during first part of may and find it hard to find faults with this excellent property.
the hotel is located at the furthest point on the outer crescent of the palm, a perfectly quiet location looking back at the dubai skyline.
we had two rooms, a palm beach junior suite and palm beach room. both excellent in size, beautifully decorated and fabulous bathrooms. the junior suite had a magnificent balcony overlooking the sea.
we arrived early (9am) as we were escaping the dismal 5 days we had spent at the ritz carlton, although the rooms were not ready, which is to be expected, we had a magnificent breakfast in the zest restaurant before settling by the amazing pool for the day.
there is nothing not to like about the pool area, magnificent loungers and over sized day beds all around; although the hotel full, there were aways lots of spare beds both pool side and beach side so never felt crowded, there aren't that many rooms anyway. If you really want to bling it up, you can take a vegas style bungalow by the pool with minbar, aircon, tv and private bathroom etc. For us it just wasn't necessary as the 'public' area was quite magnificent. The pool is also expertly lit during the evening and the vista down to the beach is very nice.
Service by the pool was attentive without being intrusive, the staff had not had their humour removed by some over bearing manager and were fun and full of initiative rather than just robots, great credit to them. They passed by regularly with water / fruit / glass cleaning and general checking on your well being.
To be over picky i would have liked the availability of the towels to be easier, im one of those fussy people who doesn't like wet towels so like them changed through the day. Its not that they wouldn't change them, just that you had to ask for extra towels poolside. Such a minor issue hardly worth worrying about.
the beach side bedrooms are in 9 small mansions each containing around 5 or 6 rooms, all with their own personalised staff. Again, the service here was faultless in every way, room service / cleaning / turn down all exemplary and subtle. The man looking after us Sagar, was polite as polite can be and very helpful. Nice little touches that i hadn't seen before such as a daily changing book mark containing a quote of the day. All amenities in the room, cosmetics etc were seamlessly continuously replaced as if by magic. Fresh fruit changed every day as well, I'm not talking apples and bananas either!
Breakfast is served in the Zest restaurant and is as good as any i have ever encountered anywhere. Fantastic home made pastries, unusual fruit galore and any cooked item one would ever want. Great juices and a fabulous range of smoothies / energisers. We were more often than not looked after by Jonathan and his happy attitude and the approach of the other staff gave a great start to the day.
We dinned in Zest twice for dinner and again the service and the food was excellent. The menu is an interesting concept of asian / middle eastern / western cuisines all using the same ingredients but reflecting the different culinary styles. Fantastic service and friendly atmosphere, the Benelux manager whose name escapes runs a very good and composed team. When we asked to try desert from the other restaurant this was not a problem. The other restaurant does deserts by the meter and this seemed a shame to miss! We didn't eat in there as no young children allowed.
Lunch at the tapas restaurant 101 at the end of the pier was also very good, this is also where you take the complimentary boat to the mainland, docking at sister hotel the royal mirage. Its very apparent that although both hotels have the same owner, the palm property is a level or two above. 101 also appears to be the place to be on a friday evening with a lively cool club like vibe, no noise from this in anyway reaches the hotel.
the kids club was just perfect and our daughter had to be dragged from there on a daily basis. the staff seemed caring and attentive.
the gardens and general public areas were a joy to look at, fresh flowers changing regularly and amazing paths winding through the property with a team of gardeners quietly going about their amazing work.
one thing thats a shame, like all the hotels on the palm, the hotel faces inland and the waters on the beach are very still and the view is of the tall buildings on the dubai coast. Its unfortunate, for me anyway, that the hotel didn't face outwards so you could have the magnificent view of the ocean and a few more waves to play with.
All in all a fabulous property, magnificent staff, brilliant rooms, exclusive and luxurious ambience, great food and probably the best holiday experience that dubai has to offer. Thoroughly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only The Palm Dubai Hotel
- One And Only The Palm Dubai
- One&Only The Palm Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arrive in style by limousine or boat at the private marina of Dubai’s most intimate new beach resort. Discover this exquisite low-rise boutique oasis located on the lush, landscaped private peninsula of the Palm Jumeirah crescent. One&Only The Palm blends Moorish and Andalusian architecture with contemporary chic interiors, consisting of 91 keys and 4 exclusive Beach Villas. Stylish guest rooms are secluded in a residential environment within the tri-level Manor House, six low-rise Mansions and four private Beach Villas. Once relaxed and unpacked, indulge in the resort’s private leisure facilities including a stunning 850 square-metre swimming pool, 450 metres of beach front and the outstanding all-suite One&Only Spa and fitness centre. Families Travelling in Style: Save 50% on second room for children or teenagers plus Complimentary Aquaventure tickets and Breakfast. Celebrate the magic of family and the enchantment of summer at One&Only The Palm, Dubai with the Families Travelling in Style offer. One&Only The Palm offers an exclusive and secluded enclave of impeccable style. Amidst lush manicured gardens, fountains and pools along the sparkling shore, guests of all ages can truly enjoy the beauty of the resort. Book your first room for two adults at One&Only The Palm this summer and receive a second room at 50% off the room rate for a maximum of three children or teenagers, when staying three nights or more. A maximum of two children up to 16 years old, plus one teenager up to 18 years old are permitted in the second room. Includes Daily Breakfast in Zest. Plus, families staying three nights or more will receive one complimentary Aquaventure Waterpark ticket per person per stay, unlocking unlimited thrills at the largest and most exciting water park in the Middle East. Situated across 42 acres of coastline, Atlantis The Palm, Dubai creates a stage of vibrant water experiences such as Master Blasters, speed slides, rivers and rapids. Enjoy the thrill of Aquaventure Waterpark, explore the Dubai marine life of The Lost Chambers and make your dreams come true at Dolphin Bay. The waters of Atlantis await! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your One&Only The Palm Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.