We stayed at the One&Only The Palm for a week in July.
Driving to the hotel takes a little while as it is at the far left tip of the palm. After leaving the main stem of the palm, be prepared for five more minutes where you'll pass lots and lots of hotels under construction - this whole side of the palm is a work in progress and the One&Only appears to be the first building to complete.
The drive is very much worth the wait!
The hotel & grounds are beautiful. The main lobby is a modern design of glass & marble, with the far wall displaying the pool area. Restaurants and library are to either side of the lobby.
Our room was on the 1st floor of one of the apartments in the grounds. The room shares the same modern, clean design as the hotel. The room is well proportioned and has a sensible layout, two people never get in each other's way. The bathroom was very large and comes with the obligatory giant egg bath of many modern hotels. Coffee machine is included with the room and restocked daily. Also, bottles of water which are a welcomed touch as you're going to get through hundreds of them!
A more expensive room type is based on the ground floor of the apartment and comes with it's own mini pool, and whilst that would be fun to have, at only about 100 rooms and staying in summer, the main pool was almost always empty so we pretty much had an olympic pool to ourselves most days.
The pool and grounds are kept in impeccable condition. The pool is surrounded by sun loungers and beds and for those wanting some privacy, private cabanas (which are more like a little house). The pool is cooled and whilst at first a little hard to get in to, within a minute of standing in the Dubai sun you're very grateful for it!
The whole complex is beach front so you can either opt to sunbathe by the pool or beach. The beach is very well maintained. It is of course man-made and so the sand is slightly coarse. The sea in mid summer is the temperature of a hot bath, so at that point we went back to the pool!
The hotel has three restaurants. Note that the main restaurant is closed for one month in the height of summer. Of the other two, we more often went to Zest. It provided a simple but nice menu and the staff were really lovely. The other restaurant, based on the pier by the beach and with an epic view of the city at night, was more of an evening hang out and offered a wider choice of food but Zest felt a little more cozy and inviting. Both were great though.
The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle bus to the Atlantis and the Mall of the Emirates, also a shuttle boat from the pier which is a saving on taxi fares. Taxis are not expensive going to the hotel, but as it's out on the palm in an area under construction, there are no passing taxis to get back. Those that the hotel provide are more expensive so the shuttle bus is a good alternative.
We were also given a complimentary day at The Atlantis water park and although we'd actually just spent a week there, we had so much fun that we were glad of the ticket! The staff at the hotel were always very helpful and guest services arranged our trip to the Burj Khalifa for us.
In summary, I would highly recommend the One&Only. It's a quiet hotel away from the pace of the city but within easy reach of it. There are no down sides other than being at the edge of a giant construction site, but then Dubai itself is one big exciting construction site so go with it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arrive in style by limousine or boat at the private marina of Dubai’s most intimate new beach resort. Discover this exquisite low-rise boutique oasis located on the lush, landscaped private peninsula of the Palm Jumeirah crescent. One&Only The Palm blends Moorish and Andalusian architecture with contemporary chic interiors, consisting of 91 keys and 4 exclusive Beach Villas. Stylish guest rooms are secluded in a residential environment within the tri-level Manor House, six low-rise Mansions and four private Beach Villas. Once relaxed and unpacked, indulge in the resort’s private leisure facilities including a stunning 850 square-metre swimming pool, 450 metres of beach front and the outstanding all-suite One&Only Spa and fitness centre. Families Travelling in Style: Save 50% on second room for children or teenagers plus Complimentary Aquaventure tickets and Breakfast. Celebrate the magic of family and the enchantment of summer at One&Only The Palm, Dubai with the Families Travelling in Style offer. One&Only The Palm offers an exclusive and secluded enclave of impeccable style. Amidst lush manicured gardens, fountains and pools along the sparkling shore, guests of all ages can truly enjoy the beauty of the resort. Book your first room for two adults at One&Only The Palm this summer and receive a second room at 50% off the room rate for a maximum of three children or teenagers, when staying three nights or more. A maximum of two children up to 16 years old, plus one teenager up to 18 years old are permitted in the second room. Includes Daily Breakfast in Zest. Plus, families staying three nights or more will receive one complimentary Aquaventure Waterpark ticket per person per stay, unlocking unlimited thrills at the largest and most exciting water park in the Middle East. Situated across 42 acres of coastline, Atlantis The Palm, Dubai creates a stage of vibrant water experiences such as Master Blasters, speed slides, rivers and rapids. Enjoy the thrill of Aquaventure Waterpark, explore the Dubai marine life of The Lost Chambers and make your dreams come true at Dolphin Bay. The waters of Atlantis await! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your One&Only The Palm Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only The Palm Dubai Hotel Dubai
- One And Only The Palm Dubai