“worth every penny” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #76 of 452 Activities in Dubai
More attraction details
Owner description: Book your Desert Safari Dubai Tour , City Tour, Dhow Dinner Cruise, and all your favorite Local Excursions in Dubai with: The only ISO quality awarded Tour Operator in Dubai. When you travel to Dubai, book your Dubai City Tour, Desert Safari Dubai Tour, Dubai Dhow Dinner Cruise with North Tours; You can expect the best services in Dubai since you are booking DIRECTLY with an experienced Tour Operator with its own infrastructure. North Tours has its own: TWO Desert Safari Campsites FOUR Dhow Cruise Boats A fleet of 4x4 Land-cruisers & Hummers(for Dune Bashing in the Desert) A fleet of luxury vehicles including buses(for Guided Tours of Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, East Coast, Hatta, and Shopping Tours, as well for Airport Transfer services to & from Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaima, & Abu Dhabi International Airport)North Tours welcomes you to the wonderful City of Dubai, U.A.E and we look forward to servicing all your requirements for Excursions, Tours and Holiday Packages.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Munich, Germany
“worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have booked one of the less expensive dhow-boat-dinner cruises with North-Tours by internet.
Everything was, like they promised. Pickup at our hotel, a very nice dhow-boat, really good dishes at the buffet and they invited table by table to it, so it was never crowded.
We have seen a lot at the creek-shores what we have to visit next time (it was our last night in Dubai)

Visited January 2013
NorthTours, Public Relations Manager at North Tours, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Petra,

Thank you for your valuable feedback of your Dhow Dinner Cruise. We are glad you and family had a great time in Dubai and gave us a chance to make it even more memorable for you.

Hope to see you soon again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Who says they are not the best? Ask me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had booked with them well in advance for 4 people. Wanted to have a good time with my friends after the busy new years at work. They answer your phone on a single ring! I was spoken to in a friendly way by a very well-spoken woman whose name I don’t remember. She patiently took down all my details over the phone and reconfirmed it twice with me. The booking was confirmed one bay before and on the morning of the tour as well, which I must say is a very good thing. Many of the tour companies don’t even take your booking if you can’t pay them on the same day but north tours said it would be ok to pay them on the camp site itself that too on the day of the safari. I think this was amazing.
We were picked up from my house in sharjah at around 3:45 PM by a friendly driver who was taking nonstop with all of us. He had a really good sense of humor. It then took us almost an hour to reach the sand dunes area. During the ride the driver had put on some nice Arabic and hindi music for us. On the road to the camp you can only see sand on both your sides. It is really amazing and a good way to escape the daily routine. The car then stopped near a few shops where we could get what we wanted while the drive deflated the tires of the land cruiser. I think I forgot to mention it earlier but the land cruiser was in excellent condition and had a complete roll cage inside it, also the a/c was in a great working condition.
We then entered the desert for a longgggg ride of dune bashing. I just have one word for it: terrific!!! He was amazing. Just amazing! Up and down the small dunes at first and then curving along the larger dunes! The sand kept spraying on both sides outside the car! He took us on the bigger dunes on request as we were all guys and was enjoying the bashing. We skipped the sunset point to enjoy 10 more mins of dune bashing! We then got to the camp after the sunset. We saw the view of the full camp from a higher dune around it and trust me it looked breath-taking. We were welcomed by 2 ladies with dates and gahwa(coffee) and of Corse big smiles. We were really tired by now and just wanted to sit and relax. While paying the driver trough credit card, he showed us around the camp and all the different activities we could do. We all settled for a sheesha each in one corner of the camp. After that was a beautiful belly dance and tanoura dance and then finally the dinner, which was good enough to enjoy in the middle of nowhere! We were then collected by our driver and dropped back home around 10 PM due to sharjah traffic.
I have read the earlier reviews on their page and do not really understand why. They are really good and should be booked with.

Dear Hitesh,

We are glad you could share your valuable feedback of your Desert Safari experience for other tripadvisor subscribers .

We are also pleased that you enjoyed different aspects of the Desert Safari experience taken up with us. Dune Bashing, Camel rides, belly dance and tanoura dace shows are activities which make memorable Arabian moments. We would extend your compliments to our team as well.

Hope to serve you again in the near future.
Al Ain, UAE
4 attraction reviews
“Simple and joyful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've booked the new year count down cruise 2013 of North Tours. The trip was well organised. The crue was very helpful and flixable with the different requests from guests. They had a good choice of music as well a nice spot to see the fire works of Atlantis, Burj Al Arab and JBR. I have 2 small notices though. It is kind of unfair for a table of 10 people to have the same number of water bottle/appetizer as a table of 2 or 4! and the other is that it would be nice to have an alternative complimentary drink at midnight to muslim/un-muslim guests who don't drink Alcohol.

Visited January 2013
Dear Dsd121,

Thank you for your feedback about our New Year’s Party Dubai Cruise. We would like to bring to your notice that we also served non-alcoholic grape champagne at mid-night for non-Muslim passengers and children. Also, a table for 2 had 1 bottle of water, table for 4 would have 2 and table for 10 would have 4 and so on. Appetizers were available at the buffet on the upper deck for everyone as well.
“Consistent service and great fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I saw the jeeps of North Tours while on the safari with some other service provider. The next time I decided to go with Desert Rangers. I have been with them 3 times since then. Evert time the guest accompanying me has had lovely words for North Tours. Every time I have travelled their service has been fantastic. I have had different drivers every time, all of them have been great. I highly recommend them, especially the way they took care of my old parents. Awesome!

Dear RachiRicky,

Happy to receive your feedback for your desert safari experience with North Tours.

Glad to know that you and your family had a great time in Dubai and that we could be a part of your holiday. We strive to provide the best to our customers and make their trip a memorable one. We also try our best to provide customized services to our customers as per their requirements.

Hope that visit Dubai and give a chance to assist you once again.
Vancouver, Canada
18 attraction reviews
“Highlight of the trip. Great family fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had made my reservation for the evening desert safari via email and got a quick response back. We used the entertainment voucher, which was a 2 for 1 deal. We had 3 people in our family that were going. I was quoted 300 AED for the 2 people (2 for 1 price) & as a promo for the winter the 3rd person only had to pay 200 AED. So in total we paid 500 AED for 3 people. We received an email confirmation & were informed to contact the company on the day of the tour prior to 11am to reconfirm our tour. On the day of the tour I contacted the company to confirm & was told that our driver would call us in our hotel room when he was here. Pick up time was @ 3pm-3:30pm. Our driver actually came early @ 2:45pm. We were picked up in a nice white Toyota Land Cruiser. We then went to another hotel to pick up another group. Afterwards, we were on our way. We drove for about 45 minutes on the highway. Our driver did not say a single word to us during the entire drive. We then made a 20 minute stop @ a run down looking marketplace. The driver told us that we were to stop here for bathroom /snack break & to look @ the shops. There isn't much to see here, we just waited by the car. Make sure you keep track of which SUV is yours or remember the plate, because all of the SUV do look alike. We did see a man walking around with a falcon on his shoulder & he was trying to get people to pose with the falcon. If you pose with the falcon it will cost you a couple of dirhams. After the break we were back on the road. 10 minutes later we were on the dunes. We were let out of the car to take some pictures. Its not the best spot to take pictures. We noticed quite a bit of garbage around, along with loads of other SUV's. I would recommend wearing sandals. The sand here is very fine & I saw lots of people taking off their shoes to get the sand out. We then got back into our SUV & the dune bashing began. Our driver did not give us any warning & just went for it. We did see a whole convoy of SUV following each other, but our driver just went his own way. I actually found it quite fun, tho I think our driver could have went a bit more wild. We had a couple of older people in the car, so maybe he was taking it a bit more easy. At times, it felt like the SUV was going to flip over! It is a very bumpy ride, but fun! Several times during the dune bashing our driver was actually talking on his cell phone! I found the dune bashing to be short @ only 20 minutes. We then stopped for 15 minutes @ a spot to watch the sunset and wow it was just gorgeous. It was a bit crowded, but we ran up the hill and got some really beautiful shots of the dunes. We then got back in our SUV & drove to camp which was about 20 minutes away. We arrived @ camp @ about 5:30PM. Our driver then took us to our table & pointed out the different things we could do. The driver also took our payment & entertainment voucher. We then were left to do whatever we wanted. I would recommend doing the camel ride & henna first as those were the ones that had the longest lines. I felt somewhat sad for the camels. They go up and down frequently & you just do a small loop around. The camels looked tired. Our camel wasn't listening to the guide & he got slapped on the face with a rope. Afterwards, we tried on the traditional clothes. We then did the henna tattoo. There was quite a wait as there was only 1 lady doing the henna. She was very fast tho, but seemed grumpy. After, we did the sheesha smoking. No children are allowed in the area. The staff there provides you with a disposable valve. I can't remember what flavor the sheesha was. There were shops selling clothes & souvenirs. There was one shop where a man was selling sand filled bottles with camel designs. Its rather impressive, he fills the bottles by hand & somehow does the designs. You can get alcohol on site, but that cost extra. You can also buy popcorn. I didn't try the tea or coffee, I forgot to. It does get really cold in the evening, so be sure to bring a sweater. There is a bon fire you can sit by and relax. @ 7PM the lights at the camp dim & the tanoura show begins. I really enjoyed this show. After 15 minutes the show ends. When it ends, I would recommend you get up quickly and line up for the buffet, as everyone then slowly realized the buffet was opened. There are 2 spots where you can line up for food to help alleviate the crowd, but if you are slow you will be waiting a bit for your food. You don't get to pick the food, you just bring up a plate and the staff will spoon the food onto your plate. There are no labels so you would have to ask what the food is. There was a lot of food & it was not bad. Pop & water is included in the meal. You can go back to get more food if you finish. They did serve a desert, but I was too full to try it. Be sure before the belly dancing show starts that you go to the bathroom. After the belly dance show ends, the tour ends & there is a long queue for the bathroom. At around 7:45PM the belly dancer then went on stage to perform. At first I found the show entertaining, but after 10 minutes I got bored of it. I actually enjoyed the tanoura show more! When the belly dance show was over, it was time to go back to the hotel. Again, on the drive back our driver never spoke to us. Throughout the tour, he didn't seem friendly at all. Regardless of the hiccups, I would still recommend this tour. You get to do a lot of things all at once & watching the sunset over the dunes was just breath taking.