“Great stay - will stay here again this summer for sure.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Moevenpick Hotel Deira

Save Saved
You added Moevenpick Hotel Deira to your Saves list
Moevenpick Hotel Deira
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Abu Baker Al Siddique and Sallahuddin Road | Deira, Dubai 234344, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #60 of 474 hotels in Dubai
San Antonio
“Great stay - will stay here again this summer for sure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I booked a Junior Suite and I must say, it was excellent. At first I was concerned about the fact that it faced a very busy intersection but this room is very well insulated from noise. About the only noise I hear is the occasional jet taking off from the airport. It is not every jet, just a loud one every now and then. My stay was from Jan 16-20, I'll be checking out tomorrow as I write this review. The location as has been pointed out in numerous reviews is not the best but you are only a 2-4 minute walk from the nearest Metro station, from where you can go many places very economically and very effortlessly. I wish my hometown had a Metro system this nice. The hotel staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. I've stayed at two other Movenpicks in Dubai and this one is definitely a cut above the other two (Bur Dubai and Square). That is not to say the others were bad or just OK. They were both very good but not on the level as the Deira location and that it due to the quality of staff from the receptionist to the restaurant to the housekeepers. All great! I ordered room service almost every day and the one time I had an issue with the food, it was taken care of to my satisfaction very quickly.

The only issues I can think of is a refrigerator that barely keeps drinks cool. Not too much of an issue with me but something I will pass on when I check out. The other issue is that there seems to be a slight smell of Indian food. I don't know if it is coming up from the restaurant downstairs or from my neighbors next door. I am not an Indian food fan just I may be a little more sensitive to it than others. There is a grocery store right next door and I just went and bought some air freshener for my stay. Not a big deal. Other than that, the Junior Suite was heavenly. Great bedding, good wireless, very light and airy but also very dark when you need it to be. My balcony faced the morning sun, It it was wonderful to drink my coffee out there every morning and soak in the sun while the surrounding street was relatively quite.

Can't wait to come back here in June or July. I'll probably extend my stay just to experience this luxury that much longer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Anke G, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Deira, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
I am very pleased to read you will be visiting us again this summer. Unfortunately your review was only accessible after you had departed from the hotel as it would have been my pleasure to meet with you personally. I do hope I have the pleasure to meet you on your next visit in summer.
Your feedback and the TripAdvisor posting is very much appreciated. We do value any comment as such assists us in measuring our services and facilities. I will share your positive comments about our sister hotels with my colleagues for their information as well. Thank you very much again for staying with us.

503 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Only stayed a few days but enjoyed it immensely. Good food, pleasant and extremely helpful and courteous staff. My Wife, who is allergic to gluten, was looked after with good menu choices. Breakfast was good and good selection. Room was really nice and spacious and very clean. Do take advantage of the free shuttle to the beach at Oceana Apartments you will not be disappointed. Staff always sorted a cab for us as we went out every night but we did eat during the day and again the food was really good.

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
It is great to read you had a “Great short stay”. We really do appreciate your feedback on your stay and I am also glad to read that our Team Members were able to look after your wives dietary requirements.
The free shuttle and visit to Oceana is linked to specific room types booked, I am glad you did enjoy your trip to the beach.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We were there at the peak of the tourist season, in the last week of December 2013 with my family. We were given the junior suite on the executive floor, 5th floor. The stay was very pleasant, the room was clean and spacious and a small balcony which opened to a street. Our room was street facing, but not noisy at all. The staff was very friendly, starting with the front desk, Leo and Michel in the executive lounge, we were well taken care off. Since we were on the 5 floor, we had the choice of free breakfast at the executive lounge on the 5th floor or the general free breakfast in the restaurant in the lobby. We tried both the places, the food was delicious and fresh. There is a train station close by that you can walk to or flag down a taxi right in front of the hotel, if you wanted not too spend too much money on transportation. We did not take any city tour packages and managed to see most of the sights through taxi or the metro train which is super clean and cheap to get around. The only turn off in Dubai was that all the malls were packed with people, just too much for my taste. Anyways, the hotel is a great deal for the money they charge and I like the fact that it is in a part of town which is not super sanitized and posh to the point that you dont have anything around it or that you dont get a feel for the city. Great people, great food, clean rooms. We will stay there again when I am back in Dubai.

Room Tip: Get a junior suite, the bed was a king size bed, which was good enough for all of us.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I am glad to read your stay was very pleasant and you enjoyed the spacious Junior Suite. Even our Superior Room are not less than 38 sqm in size. I am further pleased to read you enjoyed the food offerings as well as food quality in the hotel and you slept well. I could not agree less with your comment about Deira being the original part of Dubai.
We do hope you will be back to Dubai and we are looking forward to being of service to you again in the near future.
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Was there with my wife and 2 children. The hotel was not at the best location in Dubai, and I had some bad experiences with the staff at the executive lounge and the reception. For example I could not get my WIFI to work (very unstable), and nothing happened to help the problem. Seldom I told the staff many times. You will not get value for the money, the hotel was very expensive.
I would recommend to get an hotel at Dubai Creek.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the terrace not the noisy street.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Anke G, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Deira, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am very concerned to read of your disappointment and first and foremost I would like to apologize for any inconvenience which may have occurred during you stay.
We really do appreciate guest feedback and are grateful for such as this enables us to take corrective actions. Unfortunately your comments above are very generic and I would therefore appreciate if you could provide me with more details. You may contact me on Deira.hotel@moevenpick.com. We do promote immediate feedback whilst in the hotel as this will allow us to rectify in an instant and ensure our guests are leaving happy.
Once again thank you for sharing your feedback and we do hope you will choose to book with us again.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

On arrival at 3.30 in the morning we were upgraded at no additional charge to an executive room on the 5th floor. This was a very good start to our stay. Very good customer service from all the staff at all times. Very helpful when we wanted to find a local restaurant to try local food. Great buffet breakfast with a huge range to choose from. Close to a metro station for visiting the Dubai Mall type area. I recommend using the metro as the traffic can be very slow for getting around, even though the taxis are very reasonable. Can also recommend the Arabian Adventures company for tours. They are very well organised and efficient. We did the half day city tour and the safari dinner in the desert, which I can highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Anke G, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Deira, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you very much for your posting on TripAvdisor. I am glad to know the upgrade was a good start of our holiday and our team was courteous at all times. Thank you very much for your positive comments about our Breakfast Buffet. Our Kitchen team is delighted to receive such feedback.
It is great that on the overall we were able to meet with your expectations and would be delighted to be of service to you again.
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We spent 3 nights in this hotel early Jan and we had a nice stay. Staff was helpful and we were allowed an earlier check-in at noon instead of 3pm though we had to wait in the hall for 2 hours without a lot of information of when the room would be available. The hotel is not in a centre location but taxis compared to Europe are so cheap so this was not really a problem. There is Metro station at a 5 min walk from the hotel, we took it once around 3-4pm, but it was overcrowded. Rooms are ok, furniture is a bit old fashioned though. Noise isolation is not great but luckily this was annoying only the first day with some children crying. The noise from the planes was not an issue for us, you'd barely hear it. We tried the hotel burger and it is really fabulous, but we're disappointed by the deserts.
In a nutshell the hotel is a great value for money, personnel is really nice but I would say it is a 4+star and not a 5 star hotel, so if you're not expecting a lot of luxury from your hotel and don't want to pay more than 200 EUR/ night then this is definitely a recommendation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We have noted your comment on the dessert and we have highlighted your comment to our culinary team for their action and reference. On a positive culinary note, it is great to read our Moevenpick Burger was fabulous.
Your comments on the location and the noise insulation have been noted and I sure the latter will be very helpful for future travelers. It would be our pleasure to be of service to you again.
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Our stay at the Movenpick Deira was faultless. It is located very close to the airport almost under the flight path however at no stage did the planes interfere with our sleep. The windows are very good in the sound proof department.
The room was enormous and even a seperate dressing area that housed the wardrobe.
The bed and bedding an absolute dream to sleep on, I wanted to take it all home.
It is only a couple of minutes walk to the metro station which is very cheap, clean and runs like clockwork.
2 exceptionally helpful and friendly concierges were Jon and I am sorry but I forget the others name but they looked alike, recommending a lovely place to eat and always full of information and a smile on their faces.
A special treat between 5 and 6pm there were Movenpick Chocolate treats to be had in the foyer.
One night a chocolate fountain, yummy.
On a return viist to Dubai would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We hope you had a pleasant trip back to Australia and thank you for rating us an “excellent hotel”.
It is always great to read that our fantastic beds provided a good night’s rest and our daily Swiss chocolate hour was a treat.
We have further shared your motivational comments with John and Ola (he is the Concierge to looks similar to John) and they are very pleased to know they were able to provide excellent service.
We are grateful you took the decision to share your experiences on-line and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to Moevenpick Hotel Deira? Share your experiences!