“A vlue for money hotel in Dubai. Extra bonues: they treat you like a king!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Moevenpick Hotel Deira

You added Moevenpick Hotel Deira to your Saves list
Moevenpick Hotel Deira
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Abu Baker Al Siddique and Sallahuddin Road | Deira, Dubai 234344, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #59 of 483 Hotels in Dubai
Limassol, Cyprus
“A vlue for money hotel in Dubai. Extra bonues: they treat you like a king!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I ofter travel to Dubai for business. The most value for money I receive it from the Movenpick Hotel. i Usually stay at their Bur Dubai Hotel, but this time as I was there for only 26 hours and the Deira Hotel was extremely close to the people I was to meet, I chose to stay at Movenpick Deira.

I was treated like a King and i have the best memories and experience, of my stay with them!

Well done to the management and the staff for keeping this standard.

Phil. Andreou

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michael N, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Deira, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear PhilAndreou,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write this kind review on trip advisor. The team always looks forward to read nice reviews from trip advisor; it really is a great reward for them to see how they served our guests.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in Mövenpick Hotel Deira soon,

Michael Nugent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Arabic first
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had a stopover for just one night and we chose the Mövenpick Deira for its good reviews and proximity to the airport. Both proved to be exactly right! It's very convenient to be at the airport within 10 minutes AND to have the metro station just across the street. All we wanted to see and do in Dubai was easily reachable. So much for the location.
The service, especially the very knowledgeable and friendly concierges, proved to be even better than expected. They made the impossible possible and had very good recommendations for restaurants or a snack in the morning. In general the staff was exceptionally friendly and pleasant to deal with, great! Rooms are quite spacious, the free WiFi is a welcome addition, everything is very clean and tidy. We really wished that we could have stayed longer.
Unfortunately the staff did not respond to an email I sent them prior to our arrival, asking for a shuttle service. But this was the only negative touch of an otherwise great hotel. We'll definitely book it again the next time we are in Dubai!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Florian G,

Thank you for your kind review. It is always great to see that our guests enjoy their stay in the hotel and mainly appreciate the friendliness of the team. I sincerely apologize for the email that was not responded.

I sincerely hope to welcome you again in the hotel on your next visit to Dubai.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My check in at the hotel was a bit slow as the receptionist struggled to find me a room, but when it results in an upgrade to a suite I don't mind. Also nice to have a cold juice while checking in after a long flight.

This was my first trip to Dubai, and I only had 36 hours or so. For this trip the location of the Movenpick was pretty perfect. Close to the airport is always good especially after a late night arrival and with the metro close by it was a good place to explore out from. Even a taxi back from the Dubai Marina was only 40 AED.

Breakfast was ok, there was a good mix of foods available although it took a while to be offered coffee on the first morning.

I completely forgot to try the pool!

My only major gripe is the a/c in the room. Having coming from 2 weeks in the heat of Indonesia, I was struggling with the chill of Dubai's a/c. Despite switching it off on both the bedroom and lounge controllers, it continued to pump out cold air. I had no choice but to go and buy a warm top!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Pompeygreg,

Thank you very much for your review, all your points are being worked upon and we will ensure something is done. With regards to the A/C in the rooms, when switching off, the ventilation will still continue for air renewal. As our windows are triple glazed and therefore sealed, we need to ensure airflows in the room. We have however asked our Chief Engineer to look into the matter.

The team and I hope to welcome you again in Mövenpick Hotel Deira on your next visit to Dubai.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

When we first got there at night and walked from the wrong exit of the metro we could not see the hotel sign as we had approached it from the side, so my advice in case you end up doing the same is to google street walk the area so you know the building you should be looking out for. I noticed that some rooms faced the metro /highway and road so upon checking in I requested to be placed on the other side and good thing we did because I think it would be noisy having an overpass right outside your window. Also we were lucky we got a low floor as I heard some people complaining about being able to hear the planes flying above all night. Our room was super quiet except for the occasional loud and inconsiderate guest outside. Proximity to the metro makes this a convenient place to stay. There are also supermarkets and some good restaurants not too far around.

Wifi sucks - First staff said you have to get a daily password from them but later found out that you could log in using your room number and last name...not very secure is it when staff are greeting you when you come in and it's so easy to see what room you go to. Not a big deal coz it's not likely that anyone is going to sign in as you but just saying that it's not a very secure system. .. especially when the system allows you to pick a payable account... but I don't know where that takes you as I pick the free account. .. It might automatically charge your room??? Don't know why they don't just create one account and password for you for your entire stay instead of making you create a new account everyday? The whole system sucks anyway as it keeps loading the "Your Credentials" page every so often and you have to use the back button to go back which means you have to retype your search request for example.

Another observation is that Housekeeping is not consistent. Sometimes we get glasses, sometimes not, sometimes no replacement of coffee packets. Sometimes we get face towels, sometimes not. One time we came in to find our shampoo bottle open with what looked like conditioner (white stuff) dripping all over it??? We certainly did not leave it like that so huh?? And let's hope it was conditioner!! Sometimes we get the papers, sometimes we don't and sometimes they don't take away this hessian bag that the paper comes in every morning. At one point we had three of these bags in our room. Dislike the fact that they do not give you individual soap and shampoos. Their's is communal and watery and who knows if some other guest has messed with it?? If you pay so much for a room the least I could get is my own bar of soap. Which incidentally I did bring and when it was on its last legs, housekeeping threw it out!!! Like seriously, who asked you to throw my stuff out? You don't give me a proper bar of soap and then you throw my soap out - I don't care if there was only a little bit left- it's mine and I was still using it coz I don't want to use your watered down shampoo combined body wash. Come on!! One morning there was no hot water even after 2 showers. And the shower/tub has one of those ineffective half glass panels which means water just leaks on the floor all the time. Whichever designer came up with that stupid idea should have their credentials taken away and too bad that the hotel picked this design coz it sucks and I feel sorry for housekeeping for probably always having to mop it dry in all the rooms. But not much they can do as they are stuck with that stupid design. The good bit is that they give us bottles of water everyday and sometimes come around at night and ask if we need more. Though I didn't get no chocolates some other guest was talking about. Swimming pool was excellent especially at night when you can probably have it all to yourself. The gym looked good too. Our tour guide mentioned that one of the front desk staff was very unhelpful to him when he had difficulty identifying us. The concierge staff however were excellent and very helpful and very friendly and knowledgeable about the tours. The only thing is that when they greeted us they would say good evening Mr So and So and it was great that they knew my husband's name but hey what about me??? It would be nice to hear Mr and Mrs or a hello Madam if they weren't sure...But I don't think they realised what they were doing so no biggie they are still super friendly enough and always smiling and an asset to the hotel. We booked tours through the hotel and they were excellent especially the Desert Safari one. It's nice that they have one computer downstairs for you to use and you don't have to go through any registering to use it. The free shuttle service to their sister property to use the facilities and to the outlet mall is also excellent. This hotel was recommended to us so we didn't research any others so don't know if there are any better ones. Location wise it was good for us and the few negatives are simply about personal preferences and didn't bother us too badly but because of those few negatives I can only give it an average rating. I would only stay here again if I could not find anything better.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Singusa,

Thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor. We always appreciate feedback on the hotel and its surroundings. I will clarify a few of your points, the road signage in Dubai is Monitored by the Road and Transports Authorities, unfortunately, sometimes the process of installation does take some time which is what is happening at this time with our road and outside signage. The Wi-Fi of the hotel is being worked on, what i understood from your end is that the login to the internet was a bit complicated but the connection worked.
On another hand, our executive housekeeper has been investigating to ensure the service remains consistent. I was surprised to read your point as cleanliness in the hotel is known to be impeccable.
I sincerely hope we will still have the opportunity to welcome you again in Mövenpick Hotel Deira soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Holyhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great hotel, clean, outastanding service, close to airpotr, great size rooms nice pool and Gym.
I was really impressed by the attentive nature of the staff and the overall quality of the service at this hotel. Well situated close to the metro and has free wifi
Great hotel, highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Michael N, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Deira, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Anthony R,

Thank you for having taken the time to post this very kind review on trip advisor. I am happy to see that our employees are constantly mentioned for their kindness and personal attention.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in Mövenpick Hotel Deira on your next trip to Dubai.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights. Got a good deal through their website. The customer service was good, the room was spacious and clean with ample space to walk around, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was also a good size. We got complimentary chocolates every night. Thank you!
Location is convenient, 10 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes to the "new" Dubai. The metro/train is across the street, although we never used it because taxis are SUPER cheap!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Leilani88,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. The hotel team and I look forward to welcome you and your husband again in Moevenpick Hotel Deira on your next visit to Dubai.

Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in October. Everything about this hotel was excellent and if i return to Dubai again, this will be by hotel! The service (and help) you get from the staff is excellent.

The location of the hotel is perfect. It is not that far from airport and you have bus station and metro station very close by if you prefer going around by public transportation. Gold souk and spice souk are also very close by.

The hotel rooms are sound proof. You will hear no sound of airplanes or traffic.

Highly recommended to all!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear lightonthestreet,

The hotel team joins me to thank you for having taken the time to write such nice review. We are always happy to see that our guests leave the hotel happy and satisfied with the services we provided them.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again on your next trip to Dubai.

Michael Nugent

Been to Moevenpick Hotel Deira? Share your experiences!