I Was with my wife and my daughter (she is 9 years) from 6 to 16 November 2012. Let's go just to see the country, to travel. The hotel first through the tour operator «Natalie-Tour» was paid for a Superior room. When we arrived the room we had seemed very small for 3 persons. Asked at the reseption show what is more rooms in the hotel. Very sympathetic girl her name is Jackie (she is from Kenya) showed me and my daughter all the room types in the hotel. After that, as we liked the Suite, she immediately extended our Superior to the number of the Suite on the first floor with a very big discount at a surcharge. The day after we were tired of living on the first floor are very noisy (the Windows overlook the busy intersection and subway line, as well as on the landing of planes), in addition to the room until we probably smoked (wife does not tolerate the smell of smoke) and I asked for a room higher up. Jackie walked back with me to show the other rooms. On the 6th floor in the room was also full of smoke and we have stopped the choice on the 5th floor. …Then while we were in the city on the tour all our stuff (including and not Packed in suitcases) was moved into another room.
Advantages of the hotel:
- good new facilities and furnishings
- high-quality service in hotel
- very high quality work of the system of ventilation and air-conditioning. When fully closed Windows and balcony door in the room has always been a powerful inflow of fresh clean air, despite a very dusty air in the street
- free Internet access throughout the hotel (in the room and even on the roof of the pool)
- maid service 2 times per day
- in room: an electric kettle with a set for tea, and coffeemaker mashine with capsules for preparation of the 2nd types of coffee. 2 big flat TVs, good bathroom equipment.
- high-quality diverse food in the restaurant. By the way comparing prices in different restaurants in the city - we thought the price/quality of the hotel is optimal.
- convenient location: near metro and buses, close to shops
- noisy from the street, the planes, metro, crossroad. However glazing Windows are good. With the Windows closed and the curtains noise is almost not heard. We just used to live with the Windows open and we were a bit strained the need to close the Windows and blinds. (This is so, rather nitpicking).
Especially I want to note the presence at the reseption (though, unfortunately for half a day) Russian-speaking person.
Special gratitude for the sensitivity and high quality work of Express employees in the reseption: Jackie - she is from Kennya, Yana - she is from Russia and Linne'a.
Also I want to note the very high quality of work of cooks in the main restaurant.
Wish the hotel:
- it is necessary to allocate a room for smokers and non-smokers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most diverse and culturally rich parts of the city Mövenpick Hotel Deira is ideally situated, just ten minutes away from Dubai International Airport and from the world-famous Gold Souk. Close to several shopping malls and the Dubai Metro, the hotel is well-placed for guests wanting to explore Deira’s vibrant winding and historic Creek area, were local "abra" water taxis ply their trade. Guests staying in any of the hotel’s 216 rooms will be attended to with exceptional hospitality by the renowned Swiss hotel group Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts. From the seven naturally-lit meeting rooms, including a fully-equipped business centre, to the hotel’s restaurants, Mövenpick Hotel Deira offers five-star service to business and leisure travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, AsiaRooms, Otel, EasyToBook, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Deira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.