“Going on 9th Sep 13” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Movenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai

You added Movenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai to your Saves list
Movenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road | Adjacent to Ibn Battuta Shopping Mall, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #6 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Going on 9th Sep 13”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I also contacted the hotel in advance regarding arranging a booking for the Friday special dining event they have, again the staff responded promptly, so far so good, this will be my fourth visit to Dubai, first time at the hotel, don't think I will be disappointed. I always do my research prior to booking, stayed some superb hotels in Dubai, hopefully this hotel will be another additional one. I am a regular updater!!!! on trip advisor...So I will keep you updated on my return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with Trip Advisor.

I am sure that you will enjoy yourself at our hotel and keep in mind that we will do everything in our power to make your stay as comfortable and as memorable as possible.

If there is anything else we can do prior to your arrival please let usknow.

Michael Nugent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The location of the hotel was great! The rooms were very comfortable & the Morrocan/Algerian decor throughout the hotel was mind boggling!

Only negative comment I would like to make is about the 'few' reception staff who I think weren't up to 5 star standard. The reason was that upon check in we had a receptionist (African Male) who didn't say hello to us or made any eye contact..the night receptionist during our stay 'an oriental girl' had a lot of issues..I had overheard her talk rudely to other guest over the phone..we were also sent a letter to our room to speak to reception regarding our 'credit' which I found surprising as I had paid a lot of money upon check in...

Its a pity such small things spoil the hotel image...because the hotel is outstanding!

I will be returning to the hotel again & really hope the front office staff are up to 5 star standard.

Thank you & regards..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your views on Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate with the Trip Advisor community.

I am pleased to hear that you appreciated our location, the comfort of our rooms and the stunning Arabian décor of our property.

On another note, please be certain that your comments regarding certain members of our team at the reception were noted and that the concerned department head has investigated the inconvenience you have experienced. More importantly, rest assured there will be no repetition and you will experience the service you rightly expected in the first instance.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic fast check in after a long flight
Very clean comfortable room
Great location and appreciated the shopping centre so close by.
It was so nice to return to the lovely air conditioned hotel and pool was perfect !!
All staff were so friendly and helpful
Will be returning to this hotel

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a fantastic review.

I am happy to hear that you liked the Hotel location and our close proximity to Ibn Battuta shopping mall, as well as our pool facilities. Also, it is great to learn that our team has gone above and beyond your expectations to ensure that you had a memorable and pleasant stay with us. Please be assured that I will share your very positive feedback with all.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The check in was very fast and efficient.
Service excellent.. The staff are extremely responsive and very well trained.
Rooms are new, clean, quiet, spacious... Beautiful bathrooms with a blind that you can open and shut to see the TV in the main room.
Gym is perfect... Top of the range running machines, x trainers, bikes, free weights, squat rack, cable machine, aerobics room.. All new and tip top.
Swimming pool is just right... Only problem is that it opens at 6am, which for business guests is a bit late as I like an early morning swim before breakfast.
The main reception area of the hotel has a breathtaking lamp display which is very middle eastern and almost mysterious. There is a the main resteraunt which serves the buffet breakfast (excellent breakfast range), in the evening it has a buffet which is also very good. There are other resteraunts... A chinese and an Indian... Might be another one but I forget. Also a coffee bar and a hotel shop.
Only one complaint, at breakfast you have to go hunting around for someone to serve you coffee or tea but apart from that it couldn't be much better.
I didn't give it 5 stars because of the location... It's right next to the power station and is hardly a beauty spot.. There is a huge shopping mall across the road which has everything... Another plus. You also have a metro line within 5-10 mins walk of the hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Abdulrahim,
Thank you very much for your fantastic review on your stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed our services and facilities to such extent, especially our fitness center, room facilities and convenient location at walking distance from the Ibn Battuta Metro station and mall.
Please note I have shared your comments regarding the coffee and tea service with the concerned manager to ensure it is rectified immediately.
As fulfilling the needs of our business guests is of top priority to us, please rest assured I have also taken your comment regarding the swimming pool opening time on board and will make sure to review it internally to re schedule the timings.
We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Dubai.
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I thought id write a review even before I arrive at this fab hotel on 14th September, I have been in contact with the hotel by email as I wanted to book high tea in the burj al arab and didn't know how to go about it, but Avnish Masih head of concierge kindly took it all off my hands and has booked it for me, aswell as Mr Dmitry of desert gate who books trips, he has been very helpful and arranged trips for us, I cannot wait to arrive at this hotel in sept and if it is anything like the service I have recieved before getting there it will be brilliant-I will update my review on my return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Claire,
Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback with the Tripadvisor community.
I was extremely pleased to read you have already experienced such excellent service provided by our team before you have arrived to the hotel. I will make sure to personally thank Avnish and Mr Dimitry for their help in booking your requirements during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai in Septemebr.
Best Regards
Atyrau, Kazakhstan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I like the design of hotel and rooms, however there is no window view accent. The service was terrible starting from reception, seems like they recognize you by outfit only. First, confirmed early check-in never happened, then they mixed up my room number and luggage delivery and made it blamed on me, then card that you should drop in your bed to change the linen, didn't worked out, nothing changed. Pillows smells very badly like never been cleaned. Oh yeah, the good thing is shopping just cross the road.
Well only left to say: will not return back to hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our hotel.
I was very disappointed to read you encountered such inconveniences during your stay and please rest assured I will be discussing the points you have raised with the concerned managers to ensure they are rectified immediately.
I would like to ask you to please send us an email to social.ibnbattuta@moevenpick.com as I would like for our team to contact you in regards to your stay.
I look forward to receiving your email and hope to be able to welcome you back at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai soon.
Best Regards

-helpful reception staff
-nice swimming pools
-enough breakfast
-nice restaurants
-rooms are big enough and connected rooms are available

• Stayed August 2012
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai with the Tripadvisor community.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay, especially our facilities and the service provided by our team. I will certainly make sure to share your comments with the team.
I thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Dubai.
Michael Nugent

Been to Movenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai? Share your experiences!