“Very centrally located” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Emirates Grand Hotel

Save Saved
You added Emirates Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Emirates Grand Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road, Near Finance Centre | Metro Stop, Dubai 116957, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #264 of 474 hotels in Dubai
Cape Town
“Very centrally located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

EGH was lovely for our short stay in Dubai and very centrally located in the heart of DIFC and a minute walk to the metro. As a honeymoon couple we were upgraded to a one-bedroom suite which had a lounge, desk, dining nook and fully fitted kitchen as well as a separate bathroom. The interior was modern and neat and clean. The location of this hotel is ideal for a shopping stop to Dubai as the metro is the quickest and cheapest way to commute to the Mall of Emirates and Dubai Mall (one stop away). There is also a 24-hour supermarket just behind the hotel and a Subway if you need a midnight snack! The service at the hotel was efiicent and friendly. The breakfast at the Panorama restaurant on the 43rd floor afforded incredible views of the city with a wide selection on the buffet comparable to any 5-star establishment! The hotel has a gym, spa, kids play area, rooftop swimming pool and shisha bar, all with stunning views of the city. The. Lebanese restaurant seemed like an excellent in- house dining choice at affordable prices. The only issues we had at this hotel was that the lift is very high-tech where it pre-selects which lift you should use so you cant change your mind once inside as there are no buttons inside. Also there is no free wi-fi available and the prices are a bit high but this seems to be a common practice amongst hotels in UAE!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

EGH was a nice hotel. Very close to the metro, Burj Kahlifa, and Dubai Mall. The staff was very nice from the front desk workers to the bellmen. Everyone was very eager to help and always did so with a smile. The room was nice. We had a small kitchen with a washer that was nice. Bed slept comfortably and the room was very clean. The bath was a bit small but it served its purpose. There are a few reasons I did not give the EGH 5 stars: First, as written in many other reviews of this hotel, the lift system is not the best. There are only 4 elevators to service 46 floors and one service elevator that could be acessed on any other floor but the first. Instead of using normal buttons in the lift, there is a slightly confusing gadget where you have to punch in the floor number or find it in a list and select it. The wait time for the lift to come was not THAT bad as in some reivews. 5-6 minutes max for us. Second, the hotel just seemed a bit old or worn for it being in such a young city as Dubai. It was not old by any means, but I thought it would have looked newer. Third, on one of our last nights, my husband went to the rooftop bar to buy ice cream they had for sell there. When they refused him his 20% discount for being a guest, he told them nevermind. Then 30 minutes later the barkeep called our room and demanded that he could back and pay for it since he ordered it! When my husband said no, he said he'd send it down to our room and charge our room for it. Crazy man. My husband called the manager and it was rectified. Just really weird! Oh and our housekeeper was really nice as well. Don't fall for the timeshare trap in the lobby to the left of reception!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Doha, Qatar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We are family of five booked and stay at 02 Bedroom Apartment on 39th floor during last day of Ramadan and last day of Eid (16 Aug - 22 Aug). We prefer this Hotel because of the location and conveniently located to the Financial Trade Train Station just a few minutes away from this hotel. Inspite of worst comments and bad write ups but I did not bother. I want to try it myself to see is to believe. The Reception staff is friendly and efficient, immediately we checkin to our room. The lift is okay, perhaps only few people have checkin to the Hotel because still Ramadan. The rooms consisting of one master bedroom an a twin bedroom. The rooms are clean and the kitchen as well. We have check the Kitchen utensil because some of them are 03 pcs and the others are 04 pcs. I immediately called the housekeeping to check everything because they might charge to us, once we checkout if some items are missing. Because I knew we frequenly travelling, we have experienced before and I donot want to happend again to us. The next day we have booked a Sightseeing tour at 09:00 am. Half and hour before our Tour start and our Tour Driver waiting for us in the lobby of the Hotel. We have waited for nearly one hour at the Lift, nobody told us that the entire lift of the building is not working, beacuse of the water leakage occured in third floor.While in the Lift I heard the telephone continous ringing in our room so, I went inside the room and answer it was our Tour Driver he is annoyed with us because he was waiting nearly an hour. I called the Receptionist and shouted to her, they should inform us that the lift is not working so that we can prepared ourselves. I have 03 year old baby, sweating due to hot and humid the airconditiong is not working well in front of the lift on 39th floor. I told the receptionist how can we go down if there is no lift, I told her they should give us a parachute so that we can do down to the lobbby immediately. We went back to our room waiting for instructions from the receptionist. After 15 minutes they called us, saying somebody will pickup us, using the Emergency Lift. Luckily once we arrived at the lobby our Tour Driver still waited for us, We supposed to join to the Bus along with the other tourist. Instead we went directly to the Museum where the other people waiting for us. Now the worst part of our experience, after the tour we went for shopping to Mall of the Emirates to buy our food stuff because still Ramadan, Restaurant are closed for the day they are open only after 07:00 PM. When we arrived to the Hotel around 08:00 PM all of us took the Lift to our room on 39th floor. When we are inside the Lift along with the other guest we are Trapped the lift stuck, The light inside the Lift suddenly went off, the airconditioning unit inside was shut down. luckily there is one hotel staff with us inside the lift, he is communicatiing with somebody to the hotel, somebody told him that the Engineer on Breaktime. I told the Hotel Staff, so we wiil die inside the lift after the Engineer will rescued us. I was terrified because We are travelling with baby otherwise she will be soffucated. Even myself, I was sweating a lot my shirt is very wet. After 25 minutes they forced to open the door. We are trying to call 999 Dubai police to inform them that we trapped inside the lift, but unfortunatley our moble there was no signal. We are around 10 people inside in different nationalities there is no arab nationalities with us.
Once we get out the Lift , I went to the Reception and shouted them and I ask them who is your duty Manager. The Manager, Mr. Mohamed and Indian (chap). told me that very sorry, I replied to him the only word you can say sorry. What if somebody died inside due to suffocation, the only word you say sorry, I told him I will never never accepting your Sorry. There are so many comments regarding the Lift of your Hotel you should do something. I am just wondering why Dubai Tourism Authority renewed their Licence to operate if people commenting Bad against the Hotel. Maybe the reason why they keep changing the name of the Hotel so that People may think this is New Hotel.
The Manager came to my Room, trying to give us some Cakes and Sweets. But I refuse to accept it. He is trying to bribe me but he made a big mstake. I am not that kind of Person that he might think of.
My self having Terrible BAD SCARY experience then I will never ever recommend this Hotel to my Clients.

Room Tip: I will not give any tip. Let the guest review all the commnents and they will decide.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

If business in Dubai is your reason to visit, then this hotel is a great choice. Very conveniently located at the heart of the business district, and not far from either the airport or the major malls or the beaches, there is even a metro station almost right outside. Taxis are easily available, and its central location means nothing is really far away.

The room was actually a surprise for its sheer size. A suite, it had a kitchen, a separate spacious seating area and a smallish bedroom. Well above the requirements, especially given that I was hardly in the room. Would be good space for a family with spaces. The kitchen facilities were very good, and the choice of tea and coffee sachets was standard. It took quite a while to get warm water in the bathroom.

A note on the lifts - you have to press the floor you wish to go to OUTSIDE the lift. A number of dining options exist, just in case you want to dine in. Breakfast was not exciting. My room had no view, despite having a large window. The glass was quite dirty. From the 47th floor terrace, you can just about see the beach, or the skyscrapers, but there is to make the viewing easy! Tiny rooftop pool was also a disappointment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Cairo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Positives: Great Location, Clean loopy & rooms.
Room service is good.

Negatives:
1. Room glasses not clean.You cannot enjoy the view.
2. Elevators systems sucks. Don't choose this hotel if you are in a business trip because you'll not meet your meetings appointments!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We received vouchers to have a 90min spa session with scrub, massage and facial. The value of the voucher was only 200 dirhams compare the original value of treatment at 700 dirhams.
When we walked into the lobby, it smelled very nice and we thought the spa was on the lobby level. However, we were told its on the 45 level.
arrived at the spa, the smell was horrible. it smelled like mould was under the carpet, in the walls, ac vents, whereever, but it didnt smell like a spa. We approached the spa counter and the lady didnt even make an effort to stand up and welcome us. I told her we have an appointment and she said "what time, under which name?" so after all this i gave her my two vouchers and were were told to go take a seat in the "so called lounge". We sat there for about 30 min before we were approached by two therapist. Not even a hello, how are you, a welcome, nothing. Just, follow us please. During the waiting time, no one even offered us anything to drink, fresh towels, nothing. We were left sitting.
arrived at the treatment room, we were told to get undressed and put on the provided undewear.
Treatment started and after 10 min, I asked why is there no music? they suddenly also realized there was no music, so music were turned on.
after scrubbing, we were told to take shower and they will come back. We took the shower and waited on the bed. No therapists. After another 10 min just lying there on the bed, i stood up and went looking for them. Finally they arrived (from who knows where).
Anyhow, treatment was good, but heres the thing. the overall experience was terrible. If you want to sell a service through vouchers, SELL IT. It will make me come back and spend the value of the original price....no problem. But from this experience, I am finding it hard to convince myself to go back or to even recommend it to any of my friends.
No candles, no scented flowers in treatment rooms, lounge, spa reception, towels, ect.
It makes me wonder if there is even a Spa Manager....they might have, but definately with no experience cause making the room, the reception, ect at least smell good so it can set you in the relax and calming mood, thats what people want to experience first.
Or move your spa to the lobby, it smelled great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have read all sorts of negatives about this hotel but we couldnt fault any apsect
The staff were very attentive and the Lifts were not a problem at all in fact easy to use.
The large rooms were well appointed and value for the price
Its the close proximity to the Malls and Metro
Car hire is easy

Room Tip: room with street view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Emirates Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!