“Pleasant experience throughout” 5 of 5 stars

P.O. Box 31388, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #303 of 483 Hotels in Dubai
“Pleasant experience throughout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at this hotel at 1am by taxi. Was easy to find as previous trip advisor reviews had said it was near the burjuman metro station and this was easy for the taxi driver to find. There is a few London crown Hotels in dubai so mentioning the Burjuman metro helped. We checked in more or less within a few minutes of arriving. I had not exchanged enough dirhams and the manager was pleasant saying it was no problem and I could pay him as soon as I had exchanged my money in the morning. Was given a room on the 2nd floor. Very clean and tidy room with a spacious enough bathroom. No problems at all despite some of the reviews I have read. Breakfast was fabulous. My wife specifically asked for an omelette (<-- is that the right spelling) and it was made for her upon request. Wide range of foods for breaky and set us up well for the day. The metro station is a stone throws distance away from hotel so we never needed a taxi. There was also a mini market and money exchange place across the road this was fantastic as we needed a few bits and bobs and these were easy to pick up from the store. The Burjuman mall is also a 2 min walk from the hotel. The mall has a food court and plenty of shops. Overall the hotel was absolutely fantastic and we got fantastic value for money.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Muscat, Oman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

* The AC makes weird noise if u adjust temp to below 23.
* power sockets do not work
* complementary water only at check-in
* they don't initiate room service
* and the List goes on

if they think this is a three star value hotel then they are mistaken go and check IBIS with a 2 stars and may better than this.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed in the London Crown Hotel for a 2nd time in Feb'13. My previous stay in Apr'12 was good but sad to say, I was terribly disappointed the way they handled my stay this time. For starters, I was flying in from Cairo and was bone-tired. That said, they did not have any room ready when I reached and I was told to "hang around" till 1PM (an hour) till they manage something. The room they gave me was on the 1st floor and in the farthest corner possible. I felt claustrophobic the moment I entered- 1 window and the bed occupied almost all the tiny space they had. They did not have any other room empty so obviously I was stuck here for 2 days.

The single window in the room faced a backyard of some building which was under construction which meant I could not have the blinds drawn back- I would have had a merry audience gaping at me otherwise! The remote was not working, the taps leaked and the staff seemed disinterested to say the least. The breakfast is an oily, unhealthy affair.

Budget need not translate into discomfort, just so that these people know! I've stayed in hostels during my travel and they have been way better than this so-called pocket friendly hotel. I will definitely NEVER go back here!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Good Location, 10 steps proximity to Bur Juman Metro station which is Intersection of Red & Green Line Metro.Helped us travel odd timings.Excellent Room service.Provided Pre check in and Drop facility to airport.

One should opt for this Hotel if they want to use Dubai Metro fullest.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Located stones throw from BurJuman mall and metro station. Good property with nice rooms. The b/f is standard fare as with most hotels of the same class and in the vicinity. Though the hotel is new and gleaming but the maintenance/ cleanliness is not up to the mark. The FO staff is listless and actually misguided me by offering a bigger room and when I cane to check in they gave me a smaller room. When I confronted the guy (Khawar) he was rude and seemed not to be trained to attend guests. This gives a bad name to even a good property. In my 2 stays of multiple days I found the hotel devoid of guests and footfalls...and even very few clients at the b/f.
The management should salvage the situation by having trained and courteous staff at teh FO.

Room Tip: Ask for room # 102 or similar sized ones....they are really good and come at the same price. Stay at...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sterling VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Basically this is a crappy hotel with a awful reception area having sofas with oil and dirt marks. Manager and other employees seems to be frustrated and long gloomy looks like a forced labor. If you get a dingy room at the back of hotel you are in a black whole and you have wasted all your money staying in this hotel.

Location is good and near Red line Burjuman Metro station, just 50 yds. Also you can have nice walk near the creek that is about 300 yds as you turn left on Sheikh Zyed Rd in front of hotel. Breakfast is good for Indians with all fat and lard.

Overall a disappointing hotel managed by depressingly looking Indians. No surprise!

Room Tip: Choose room facing Zyed rd
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 9 days and it had the basics and was always cleaned and the staff we friendly. I was located on the 3rd floor and so no noise issue and had a great view of the area. I got lost finding it and people around the area directed me to all over the place as there are two hotels with this name. This is the hotel not the apartment hotel!!, It is no more the 3-5 minutes from Burjuman metro station which was an important factor for me,

Overall pleasant and would recommend if you are looking for a place to sleep without all the frills of the expansive hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, away from building works and lifts etc.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to London Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!