“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Meydan Hotel

You added The Meydan Hotel to your Saves list
The Meydan Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Meydan Racecourse, Al Meydan Road | Nad Al Sheba, Dubai 9305, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #105 of 483 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed at the Meydan for a fun filled stay cation weekend with my husband. It was amazing from start to finish. The rooms are enormous, much bigger than all the other hotels I've stayed at in Dubai, including Atlantis on the Palm, the movenpick, and Hilton. The rooms and bathroom were stunning with an excellent jacuzzi style bath tub. The view of the race track from your balcony was awesome. We had the brunch in farriers and the food and drinks were quite good. They even had a live BBQ station outside with meat and seafood. The pool was lovely and although we really wanted to try our their beach club, we ran out of time. The staff were friendly, as well as the atmosphere and other guests staying at the hotel. The sports bar had a great layout, happy hour, and a pool table-which is a must for me. The food was typical pub food and rather bland in my opinion, but to be honest if I'm going to a sports bar, i'm there for drinks-not food. The hotel is far away from everything that causes stress, noise, or distraction. It's really like its' own island of relaxation and fun. I will absolutely return and bring friends with me. Top 5 Dubai hotels for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for planning on bringing your friends on your return. We encourage you to also try our very first ‘Iftar in the Sky’ at our Sky Bubble of The Meydan Hotel. I am sure you would love this as well. Looking forward to your visit soon.

Antony Treston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I really don't like to leave bad review but I had to. I was visiting Dubai for work and I'm really disappointed from this hotel as it has nice layout. entrance of hotel is nice, the check-in was lacking hospitality and unprofessional. They gave me a room which was open without a card and can't lock or even the door cannot be closed as anyone push the door could be open. It was 1 am so tired. they told me they would call the engineer to fix it. Don't know why they didn't change me the room only because my request ( they should done this as quick as they knew the issue) gave me another room has smoke smell ( all rooms non- smoking, and they had no idea how they didn't checked it before) and this room was exactly similar to the other room and been given by the duty manger. The third room was given it was fine and also similar room but really disappointed on how they don't handle their issues as their quality standard.
I wish If I spent my money somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear guest,

We were extremely sorry to hear of your disappointment during your stay with us. Your comments on the check in and rooming, have been well-noted, as has the unfortunate manner in which your concerns, were handled. Please rest assured that steps had been taken to avoid this from re-occurring in the future and trust that you will accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused on this occasion.

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had a wonderful 2 nights stay.... We were here with 2 small children and we were amazed with this hotel and we didn't even wanna go back home! My kids loved the touch panel controls(lights and curtains)... they enjoyed watching their favourite cartoons while having fun in the jacuzzi... toilets and wash are very fancy... the yummy complimentary chocolate birthday cake that they sent to our room when they knew that it was my husband's birthday... We love the lunch buffet at the Farrier's.... the infinity pool....This was a definite treat for me, my husband our 7 & 9 year old boys. We stayed in Room No. 826-- The hotel itself is breathtaking, the room was facing the race course... it's really wonderful to have a freshly brewed Nespresso coffee from your own machine in the room... I sat in the balcony with my husband... not only did we enjoy the fresh green view but we also enjoyed the smell of fresh cut grass.... and lovely chirping of the birds!

But what really makes the place is the truly wonderful staff who make the experience sheer joy!!!, They are so eager to please, so pleasant and helpful, from the reservations(who booked us and accommodated all our requests-- one hour before check-in!) ) to the bell boys, to the waiters, to the pool attendants, the housekeepers who tirelessly kept our room immaculately clean TWICE in a day... just faultless!!

Thank you Meydan Hotel!! We definitely wanna go back there again sometime soon!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are much better :-)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback. It was indeed a pleasure to receive your very kind compliments and I have taken the liberty of sharing the same to my team, who I am sure would agree that such feedback encourages each and every associate in ensuring that all guests enjoy the true ‘Meydan’ experience. Thank you once again for your continued support and we very much look forward to your return soon.

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Meydan Hotel, is amazing.
WE WERE THERE FOR THE CORPORATE EVENTS.
HUGE hotel, with beautiful environment, and even more beautiful view.
PARKING, GREAT APPROACH
GREAT SERVICE, GREAT FOOD,
Because everything is HUGE, YOU HAVE A LOT TO walk, but use a little exercise,,,, :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your feedback and wonderful compliments. Our hotel is indeed one of Dubai’s iconic landmark buildings, with a span twice as long, as the Burj Khalifa's height, at 1.6 kilometers. We very much hope that you will be back to enjoy our ‘Iftar in the Sky’, during the Holy Month of Ramadan, and enjoy our spectacular food offerings together with the unpatrolled views of the Dubai skyline, from our Ramadan Tent, on the 8th floor terrace of the Sky Bubble, here at Meydan.

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We have been here with 2 small children and their grandmother, which is not always easy. But this hotel is one of the best I have ever been. We will definitely come back. Only the service in the bar in the reception area could be a little more responsive. So go right to the restaurants if you want to eat something. The pool area is great and the cocktails at the bar are even better. The drive to the center of Dubai is short because there is not to much traffic.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your very kind feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, here at The Meydan Hotel and rest assured that your comments reference the bar service have been well-noted, for improvement. Looking forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to The Meydan Hotel.

Kochi (Cochin), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Quite place away from busy street _ well designed rooms with jacuzzi and power wash fancy toilets_ had a good service with an average breakfast_ all rooms facing the race track _ not a very busy hotel except probably during the race times.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your feedback. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities and serenity at this time of the year.

We look forward to your return in the near future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have been visiting this place many times despite the worse check in experience every time during my 10 visits in one year !!! My last visit was on May with an unbelievable seen !! I went to my room after a long day with my friend to find that the cleaner forget his waste bag in my room full of cigarets, dirt and unclean tissues!! Which make me and my friend go very crazy not even the manager believed the seen !! I mean what kind of hotel can do this !! A hotel with this name hosting world horse race should be better than this !! Upgrading us to a suit was not enough for me to make me forget this experience .. I will never forget this seen !!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear guest,

Once again, as expressed during your stay with us, I would like to convey my sincere apologies. Please rest assured that the required corrective action has been taken in order to prevent such a regrettable incident occurring in the future.

Very much appreciate your understanding and continued support.

Antony Treston

Been to The Meydan Hotel? Share your experiences!