“Great place to spend some days” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Meydan Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Meydan Hotel to your Saves list
The Meydan Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Meydan Racecourse, Al Meydan Road | Nad Al Sheba, Dubai 9305, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #92 of 477 hotels in Dubai
Noordwijk, The Netherlands
“Great place to spend some days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was a hotel guest from January 5-10 2014. I participated in a Global conference of our company organized at this hotel too. We stayed there with approximately 100 colleagues for a week. The entire Meydan building has a total length of 1.6 km which looks impressive. At one side of the hotel a horse racetrack is situated where races are organized every Thursday on one of the two tracks (a gravel and an even bigger grass track)

The hotel makes a very exclusive impression. The rooms a very big and equipped with all sorts of facilities. Even the curtains are controlled electronically. Housekeeping checks at least twice per day is anything is required. The various restaurants are exclusive and very well maintained too. Overall hotel service has a high standard and the employees try hard to please every individual guest in a friendly manner.

The stake restaurant on the fifth floor is an absolute must to visit at least once. Is has a fantastic ambiance and the food and service are both outstanding.
The only comment I have is the limited opening hours of the swimming pool. In other hotels (if they have a pool of course) you can go and swim in general from 07:00 a.m. until 10 p.m. / midnight.

If you can afford it and expect a very high service level you most certainly should visit this hotel for a couple of nights.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with regards to your recent stay at The Meydan Hotel.

We very much appreciate your kind acknowledgements of our hospitality and facilities and it is always rewarding to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Meydan Hotel in the near future.

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dresden, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I had mixed experiences during my stay. Ok, the building is impressive, but when it rains staff runs around with buckets and towels to put them under the leaking roof. At check in I had to wait for 45 minutes until the reception lady called for more staff since there was a long queue waiting. Someone rang the door bell at 4am in the morning and opened it using a card, so I suppose it was staff. Fortunately I put the door chain in place. The light in the minibar room couldn't be switched off and also the maintenance staff was helpless. Reception promised to send the invoice to the room-nothing arrived. It is said that bicycles can be rented, but you can only use them at the racecourse and can't leave the property. The meeting facilities are quite nice but I wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with regards to your recent stay at The Meydan Hotel.
We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Please rest assured that the required corrective action has been taken to prevent a similar situations occurring in the future.

We do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your faith in The Meydan Hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is a good spot. 20 mins from airport and right next door - I mean it on the ce course!, it also has a great sports centre, small but good gym an roof pool. Food is very good, all regions .... It also as good conf facilities.

Room Tip: All rooms hv balcony which face the track, rooms above x20 ie any floor above room 20, is closest th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with regards to The Meydan Hotel. We very much appreciate your kind acknowledgements of our facilities and hospitality.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and, we look forward to welcoming you back, in the very near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My colleagues and I went to this so call "Restaurant and Bar" last week for Ladies night. It was around 10 of us and we arrived at 8pm. Placed the drink and food orders at 8:15 and waited for half an hour, no one severed us any drinks so we went to the bar to order our drinks again, got them in 10 mins. After about another 30 mins we asked the waiter for our food, he brings the drinks instead (1 hour late). At the end when we were about to leave (10:07pm) to another place for dinner, food arrived (2 hours late).

If you are about to go there to have a good time, don't do that.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review / feedback regarding your recent experience at one of our Restaurants and Bars.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience experience. Please rest assured that your points have been well noted and that the required action are being taken, in order to ensure that such a situation does not occur again.

We do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your faith in our service, and once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here for one night, the night of our wedding. The hotel is further out of Dubai, even the taxi driver couldn't quite find it. But once we got there it just is an amazing hotel, check in was really smooth and quick.
We were in room 811 which was a very big size, I am not too sure what room we actually booked or if we were upgraded due to the occasion but it was a magical room. We were welcomed with a fruit basket and a dove and rose display on the bed.
We were given free late check out for the next day which was nice of the hotel.

The whole suite is very spacious, not just the bedroom. The bathroom consists of a big walk in shower and bath tub.

I honestly have no faults with this hotel and would 100% stay again. The views from the room are that overlooking the race track and the Dubai skyline.

We had a late lunch the next day in the Farriers restaurant using an Entertainers 2-4-1 voucher, I have been told this voucher can also be used for breakfast. Both of these are buffets including water.

Check in staff were very friendly

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2014

Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I had very high hopes for this place, I was staying 1 night with the family on New Year's Eve and was attracted by the greenery of the racecourse having stayed at the beachfront on previous occasions.

I had prepaid for my room through Travelrepublic and arrived at the hotel at 1.30pm. I was told by the staff, Kawla, that there was a New Year's Eve gala dinner and party and all guests had to pay for it, whether they were attending the event or not.

She informed me that my wife had to pay an additional 875 AED or £145 each - that's £290 even though we had other plans for the evening!!!!

I told her no and she insisted, saying, "It's only 1750 AED" as if that was a small amount of money. I told her no again.

I was then informed my room was not ready and check-in was 3pm.

I have a 6 month old and 4 year old and was kept waiting for a room till 4.30pm, and that was only after I complained repeatedly.

What is more pathetic is that having been ignored by 4 reception staff, I asked for the Manager.

This tall, greasy haired, man was told on 2 occasions I wished to speak with him and he, cowardly, did not speak to me.

I was approached by Katherine, who attempted to make up for the continuing room difficulties.

The staff have a very lazy attitude and almost walk around with an heir of entitlement.

I see here on Tripadvisor the General Manager, A. Treston, leaves messages. Well, Mr Treston, I don't believe you can specifically address my concerns and merely post very generalised comments that you will do better.

I am a testament that, despite your posts here, you do not do better.

For breakfast this morning, I asked the chef for eggs benedict. He says its fried egg or omelette, that's it. Is this a 5 star hotel or not? No facilities for children, I asked for chicken nuggets and I was looked at as some kind of alien.

My wife asked for bread for toast and was told there was none. Why is there no bread to make toast? Pathetic.

Mr Treston, the reviews here have dared you to do better and you have repeatedly fallen short.

You have tried to rip people off for a Gala dinner that you notify them of upon checkin, and with no choice to opt us without kicking up a complaint.

In the end it is disgraceful, I feel that paying for my room, I have lost a lot of money and would ask for a refund for pathetic and discourteous staff service, more of which I am happy to write if requested.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thanks for the time you’ve taken to share your feedback with us.

I am most concerned to learn of the disappointment and inconvenience which you have experienced during your stay.

In order to understand the specific sequence of events, I have asked the Front Office Manager to make contact and discuss your overall experience in detail.

Thank you for your understanding in regard to this most unfortunate incident.

Best regards,
Antony Treston
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Im completly shocked how difficult it has been to book a table for the new years eve gala ball this year. i have sent three emails to your reservations desk and have called the hotel more than seven times and still no luck. the staff answering the phone have little to no knowledge of what is happening and have no idea who to connect you to when you face this problem. this has been a pretty bad experience all round. what a shame.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused by the above situation. Please rest assured that your feedback has well noted and that the required corrective action was taken immediately.

We have now setup a dedicated Festive Desk, within the hotel lobby and indeed can be contacted no Tel +971 4 381 3112 and Website http://www.meydanhotels.com to attend all guest Festive queries and booking in a very timely and professional manner.

I would like to thank you for your persistence and patience and we look forward to welcoming you and your family / friends to The Meydan over the Festive period

We will look forward you to welcome here at The Meydan Hotel

A. Treston

Been to The Meydan Hotel? Share your experiences!