“Fantastic Experience 5*” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Meydan Hotel

You added The Meydan Hotel to your Saves list
The Meydan Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Meydan Racecourse, Al Meydan Road | Nad Al Sheba, Dubai 9305, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #102 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Fantastic Experience 5*”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for a short break. The service and attention to detail is incredible. The rooms were very spacious and luxurious. We were celebrating a special occasion and the hotel sent up a surprise chocolate cake. A very nice & personal touch that would not be experienced in other hotels. The room was on the 8th floor over looking the racetrack and was specular when lit up. I'd also highly recommend Prime steak restaurant in the hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with regards to your recent stay at The Meydan Hotel.
We appreciate your kind acknowledgements of our facilities and indeed the customer service and overall hospitality provided by our team. It is always rewarding for the team to know that you have appreciated their hard work and dedication.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Meydan Hotel, in the very near future.

A. Treston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is an excellent Hotel. I was there for two nights on business trip. The rooms were good and the facilities were excellent. The Breakfast and lunch had nice spread to cater to every taste. The arrangement for our two days conference was made to our specification. I could see the horse race on Thursday night. Due to the busy schedule, I could not use the gym, spa and other facilities so cannot comment on that.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms towards the reception for better view of the horse race, if any.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your kind acknowledgements of our facilities and it is always rewarding to know that you have enjoyed our services and overall hospitalty.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Meydan Hotel in the near future.

Muscat Governorate, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

At the first glance this hotel might seem outside Dubai.. And it is but it is very nicely located between Dubai outlet mall and Dubai mall with less than 15 mins drive form either of these two places, one of the best things is that you don't get stuck in Dubai traffic while driving back to the hotel!!!!! The hotel as it is offers an excellent room, quiet big, full of gadgets and if you are lucky you will have a great view of the horse racetrack .. Probably the green is better from these rooms, but the other side will probably be facing be facing Burj Khalifa which is also a nice view!!!!! The rooms were really clean and nice, the TV channels are also good. There is an IMAX just outside the hotel (walking 2-3 mins), also you can have a good walk around the hotel and the tracks... There are also some activities in the hotel but I did not try any since relaxation was not the target of this visit!!!!! A big +++ is the shuttle bus to some of the malls to avoid driving and you also get access to the beach in Jumeria (I think but some access to a beach for sure). The only thing that drops the rating is the services, housekeeping is very slow, the valet parking is not organised at all, our car was parked just in front of the hotel and they took more than 20 minutes to get it and the reason was that there were so many cars to bring!!! Didn't like the excuse since when we went out the hotel the car was parked right in front of us, also while returning we waited for almost 5 minutes and now one came!!! We decided just to park on the VIP area and go to our rooms.... I did mention my comments but again we were told due to high occupancy!!!! But for me a 5 star hotel needs to be equipped for full capacity .... If it was not for the slow service this hotel will for sure be the best...... Having said that probably these comments are not major but walking to the fancy and very beautiful hall raises the expectations a lot!!!!!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your positive note about our location as well as our additional services.

At The Meydan Hotel, we pride ourselves in offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to all our guests. It is therefore most regrettably that our efforts have, on this occasion, fallen somewhat short of the high standards we set for ourselves.

We are constantly striving to provide our guests with the very best welcome and service and your observations and feedback are much valued in directing us in this regard.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Meydan Hotel.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed at the Maydan on route to Kabul, so was only there a couple of days while i waited for my Visa. I got, what i think was a good deal by booking direct through their website. The prices there were cheaper than those quoted on travel websites and included breakfast.

I arrived late in the evening, the hotel is very quiet due to its location out by the racecourse. Check-in was simple, staff friendly and attentive. my room on the 8th floor was lovely, and spacious (57 m2), with a small balcony overlooking the track. The view was awesome in the morning. The room showed a few signs of slight wear and tear, which would be easy enough to remedy, but for some reason remained. But the lovely desk and comfy chair in the corner of the room overlooking the track made up for these minor details.

Breakfast in the morning was ok, i would have liked to see some more fresh meats and a better selection of breads, but there were some nice smoothies, yoghurts and cereals. Breakfast service was a little patchy, missing cutlery on the table, no fresh milk served with tea.

The gym was a disappointment. Located on the top floor, but no windows! The equipment was fine, but the room felt cluttered due to its small size. The view from the pool is incredible. Did not stay for a swim, but i am sure its great.

Taxi to Dubai mall was 35 dirham, so if your staying for a while factor in the taxi prices.

The fact that the hotel was so huge and so peaceful (mainly due to its lack of guests) would make me come back again if i were staying for a couple of nights. For your money i think you would struggle to get better in Dubai.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at The Meydan Hotel.

We appreciate your time taken to advise us and the positive feedback and recommendations about breakfast and gym which will help us to improve our facilities.

We are glad that we could contribute to making your trip to the Meydan Hotel a great experience.

Thank you for booking directly on our website, we always make sure to offer best deals and best rate on our website.

It is most encouraging for us to receive such praise and we look forward to welcoming you on a return visit to The Meydan Hotel.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in September and had an amazing time! The hotel was everything we wanted and more, very modern and comfortable. The staff were all fantastic and friendly not once did a member of staff or management pass without acknowledging you. Special mention to Vajeesh in Farriers restaurant his service was second to none! We had fresh fruit in our room daily and on the last day we had an extremely early check out and Nirmal Barua arranged for tea, coffee and croissants to be delivered to our room, a lovely touch. Hotel facilities were great, lifeguards very helpful, we played golf at the track challenging little 9 hole, try the night time experience. Food at the cube bar is lovely. Concierge team very helpful and nothing too much trouble. Short taxi trip from Dubai mall or mall of Emirates. All in all a great hotel and we can't wait to return!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I chose this property in Dubai as I live in Abu Dhabi (1.5 hours down the road) and often spend weekends in the city. Having stayed at all the major hotels in Dubai, I decided to go a little further outside the city than I normally do. I found a fantastic deal on hotels.com and decided to book it for a one night stay.

Upon arriving at the hotel, I was stunned by the sheer size of the hotel and the awe inspiring lobby. The hotel has 'Dubai' written all over it; the nicest, the biggest, the best. That being said, this is what you expect in Dubai and a 5-Star hotel in this amazing city. When I went to check-in, there was one couple in front of me yet I had to wait 10 minutes to speak to an employee. The process was easy and friendly, and I had my room key within 5 minutes. The rooms are beautiful, with an amazing view of the race track at The Meydan. The bathroom was well equipped with both a 6 jet shower and a large bathtub for two with a TV included (which didn't work).

Sadly, the physicalities of the property is where I found the 5-star rating ended. From the balcony, I noticed a family walking on the pavement next to the track so I decided to go for a walk as the weather in Dubai is fantastic this time of year. When I went down the the lobby, I asked an employee how I get downstairs and was told that guests are not allowed on the ground floor. I was shocked by this as I had just seen people walking around and at the former Nad Al Sheba course, anybody was able to walk around the track (obviously not on the grass). When I told the hotel staff member that I just saw a family walking, I was told that was not possible. I asked to speak with a more senior person and a security guard arrived...to tell me only the same thing.

After dinner with some friends, I decided to go for a swim as the pool is on the roof of the hotel and has an amazing view of the track and the back of Dubai. After changing, I went upstairs only to find that the pool closes at 7pm. This was rather disappointing as most hotel pools in Dubai close after 9 or 10pm. Instead, I went back to my room to change clothes as I decided to meet some friends in the city. When I was finished, I called to concierge to ask them to pull up my car from the valet. When the agent answered the phone, he told me that I had to go down to the lobby and provide the valet with my card and that it was not possible to do it over the phone (I have never stayed at a hotel which does not offer the call down valet). After waiting for 7 minutes, my car came up and I left.

The next day I wanted to get a few hours in at the pool. This was the only area I experienced service in the hotel; a staff member frequently brought water and popsicles around to guests which is a nice touch. The website states that the pool has a swim up bar, yet for the three hours, it was never staffed. Ironically, from the pool I saw a couple walking around the track for 20 minutes!

In closing, I can say that I was not impressed with the service in this beautiful hotel. I was extremely disappointed with the lack of care provided by the staff in never trying to even meet my simple asks. I would not stay here again nor would I put my family and friends who frequent Dubai here.

Room Tip: Avoid room 633 as the breaker blew out twice and light bulb exploded once.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
UAE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

It's very nice and luxurious hotel , with a variety of room sizes
the staff are friendly , I think it is one of the place in the world that you can see alot of Ferrari cars, all Ferrari owners like this hotel too much.
also you can enjoy the cinema next to the hotel which is the bigest screen in the region.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Meydan Hotel? Share your experiences!