“Excellent Stay !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Meydan Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Meydan Hotel to your Saves list
The Meydan Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Meydan Racecourse, Al Meydan Road | Nad Al Sheba, Dubai 9305, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #86 of 475 hotels in Dubai
Doha, Qatar
“Excellent Stay !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were at The Meydan for 4 days. We had an amazing time. The lobby had a good ambiance and the room and the bathrooms were very good. Also the staff were very pleasant.
The night we came in, both me and my wife were very tired. One of the Staff members (Junaid) offered to carry our bags and was very courteous and told us all about the hotel. All the days when we came back after shopping the hotel staff greeted us, especially 1 person Mr. Boaz, was very friendly and always remembered my name.
Room service was excellent. Anything i requested was in a matter of 5 mins time. I will recommend this Hotel to every one.

I have some recommendations / suggestions to the Hotel management.
1. There is no Clock available in the rooms. Even though everyone uses their cell phones for everything it would be better to have 1 in the room.
2. Try to make the timings of the shuttle bus a little earlier as the present time 11:15 am is too late and if your new to the city you wouldn't want to be very late to stay outside.
3. Try to arrange a shuttle service for the airports, nothing fancy is required, but just for drops.
4. We had breakfast at The Farriers. Excellent breakfast and service. However it would be good if the menu could be changed. Even though there were a few changes every day, the main course was the same most of the time. This would be an added advantage.

Other wise we had and excellent stay and next time we visit Dubai, i will come back to The Medyan itself.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to be our guests and for sharing with us your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay. It is always rewarding for the team to know that you have appreciated our services and facilities. I have taken the liberty of sharing your feedback to all our employees, most especially to Boaz and Junaid, who were happy to know of your special thanks. Your suggestions are very welcome and will certainly be taken into consideration as we move forward.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future

Best regards,
Antony Treston

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at the Meydan for the Profit Mohamed's Birthday public holiday weekend in June this year. Due to the reason behind the long weekend, the hotel was very quiet and many of the activities were unavailable at the time. We enjoyed a relaxing stay over the two nights we were there. The room and bathroom were lovely and there even was a TV for those enjoying the decent sized bath tub!

The first night we were there, we ordered room service, the meal was of a very good standard and very filling. The second night, we went and enjoyed a steak downstairs. It was by far one of the best steaks we had ever had. The serving size was very large for a fancy restaurant. The pianist was very talented and our overall experience for the evening was quite pleasant.

We weren't overly impressed with the pool upstairs. It was very small and in need of an upgrade.

Overall, our experience was pleasant and we would be happy to come back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear guest,

It was a pleasure to receive your kind feedback and I would like to thank you for the time taken to communicate the same to us. I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words to our Prime Restaurant team and I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your dining experience. I am sure you would agree that such feedback enables us to constantly improve our products and services and rest assured that your comments on the room service meal had been noted. We also have plans of upgrading the pool area, which has already been initiated. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Best regards,
Antony Treston
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at Meydan a few months ago, however, have just got round to writing this. I would not recommend this hotel. I have stayed at far superior 5 star hotels. Upon arriving at reception we were met with a woman who lacked basic manners. She insisted on seeing a passport before she would even speak to us, we told her they were with concierge who were bringing our bags in, did she listed? did she care? no! It was only after a manager stepped in did this rude and frankly unprofessiona woman step aside. The room we had was lovely and spacious and that is about the only positive. Breakfast was the worst I have had in Dubai. We stayed for 7 days and went twice, this is how poor it was. No fresh eggs, they use a carton! Waste of money and time. Will never stay here again. The spa was also closed, yet they failed to advise. NO sauna or steam room - tragic for a 5 star hotel!

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you intend to sleep only - hotel facilities very bad
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
dhahran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at the Meydan hotel from June 29 till July the 4th for a business trip. I brought my family with me to enjoy Dubai before Ramadan and boy was it worth it! Where do I begin?

1. Breakfast was incredible, there is every single type of food from every country you can think of, from egg station to healthy eating muesli to low-carb section to high-carb to arabic to asian dumplings, you name it!

2. Housekeeping: Overall every time I asked for the room to be made, the cleaner came in less than five minutes. Much Much better than the Sheraton Mall of the emirates who took forever to show up.

3. Room, very spacious, gorgeous morning view, excellent facilities! I dont understand why some said they couldnt get how to light up the room with the panel, Just use your brain and look at the labels, you will know which light goes with the bathroom and which is for the living room, duh!

4. Valet, this was horrible, we waited for 15 minutes and more to get our car, so try to get a cheap cab or get your car early than your leaving time by 20 minutes plus.

5.Staff, excellent helpful staff, Concierge managed to get us pony rides for the kids although it was not the season for ponies to get out. My son accidently opened the chips can and they removed it from our bill. Very generous and caring staff, asking me every other day if I needed something..

My mother loved every minute, I felt proud that I gave her the trip of her dreams in Dubai, and this hotel definitly made it happen... Well Done Meydan!

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms on the fourth floor, looking directly on the green grass..superb!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had a wonderful stay. The rooms are very comfortable with huge bathrooms and complementary Elemis toiletries. Fresh fruit provided each day and coffee machine available in the room. The curtains and lights are all electronically operated and free wifi. A great choice at breakfast and their restaurant Shiba is fabulous - we ate there twice. Highly recommended. The staff kindly organized a surprise birthday cake and balloons for my mother's birthday. She was thrilled. However the only complaint I have is the poor menu choice at the pool bar and the quality of the food was very disappointing and therefore very expensive. For example the so called chargrilled chicken burger at a price of 80dhr , had more fat and grizzle than chicken. At this price and for the high standard of the hotel , a chicken fillet should be used.
The best part of the stay was the quality service given by the staff.They were superb and really made our holiday very special and enjoyable. A sincere thanks to them all.

• Stayed June 2013
Muscat Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel definitely has a wow factor. Immense open internal area with all the rooms backing onto the atrium with spectacular architecture.

Reception excellent service and extremely professional as you would expect in Dubai.
Rooms very nice, spacious and all have views of the race course. Its makes a pleasant change to stay in a hotel in Dubai and look out over an enormous area of manicured green grass and a perfect race track. Completely quiet with no traffic and unfortunately no horse racing!

The Shiba Bar is exceptional and the Shiba restaurant perfect for an Asian meal. The Farriers restaurant for all day dining produces exquisite breakfasts.

Not so far from Dubai main centre.

definitely going to stay here next time in Dubai.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner at the cube last weekend and I must say that both people who had the salad felt very ill the next day. Bar is quite empty. Very lonely atmosphere.
Service was ok. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to The Meydan Hotel? Share your experiences!