“Unreasonable moaners” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   opposite Dubai Airport Terminal 3 | P.O. Box 35257, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #185 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Unreasonable moaners”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

There had been some negative reports about this location, complaining mostly about the inaccessibility of the hotel from the airport – even though it presents itself as an airport hotel. I was therefore dubious about using it.

It is true that it is close to the airport – the terminal building is across a couple of roads and a huge car park – but actually getting there isn’t easy if you are coming into Dubai or planning to leave the city by air. You cannot walk it, because access to/from the airport terminal is dominated by a huge freeway with a network of feeder roads and flyovers, none of which have footpaths.

Taxis, therefore, might be the best solution – but try asking a taxi driver to take you somewhere which is actually within easy eyesight…..so you have the hotel shuttle bus. Most of the complaints on this website seem to be from people who have been frustrated by the absence of the bus.

In fact the hotel is about 400 metres from the Emirates station of the Metro and in January with a little rollalong it was a pleasant 5-10 minute walk, but for most folk these days, it seems, asking them to walk 10 metres is like asking for bone marrow. I accept that in August and with luggage it would be a problem, but to demur at a 400m stroll in January, unencumbered, is just bone idle.

I take things as I find them. Upon arrival at the airport I went to the terminal shuttle bus pick-up point and within 10 minutes the clearly-marked bus for Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport was there, my suitcase whipped away to be placed in the tow-along luggage carrier and I was in the hotel in 5 minutes.

I find the hotel clean, comfortable for an overnight stay, with a bar offering 25% off happy hour until 9.00 p.m., a reasonable restaurant in terms of quality and price, and very, very obliging staff. The front desk is thickly peopled with staff who are courteous and helpful. I stayed one night before a four-day business trip to Riyadh and left an ebook in my room. I emailed them, they responded and held on to the book until I returned to Dubai; very efficient.

I wanted milk for my cup of tea in my room and (rightly) spurned the Coffee Mate powder, but the staff in the breakfast room, although breakfast was long over, were happy to give me a cup of real milk. Again, very courteous. It is these little things which make me wonder about the complaints! The restaurant offered a buffet dinner, reasonable quality and only 79 dirhams (14 euros).

It has wi-fi, free for those of us who are members of their club, and it works well, although I am a firm believer that wi-fri should be free to everyone in every hotel at all times, as it is just a rip-off when it costs an hotel nothing in the first place.

I don’t know why we have such a mixed bag of comments on this hotel. Either the negative people would strain to be negative about anywhere in the mistaken belief that it gets them something for free upon returning, or the management at this hotel has had a major makeover. As I said, I take it as I find it, and I found it fine.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same, but back of the hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Snookoafc1,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind comments intended for the staff. I was delighted to read that after some initial issues with your stay, these were soon sorted and this allowed you to enjoy your stay with us. We will always endeavor to ensure that all our guests stays are comfortable. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Dubai you will give our hotel another try.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We transferred here after staying in Dubai proper to make it easier to get early flight. Great front desk service, extensive breakfast, great wifi in rooms, free shuttle every half hour, 5 minutes walk from metro and pretty comfortable, quiet rooms. What is not like? Well not much, but do not expect 5 star treatment. It does what it sets out to do, nothing , nothing less. We would happily use again in similar circumstances.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaanChady, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2014

Greetings from Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport.

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your wonderful comments about the experience during your stay at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport.

It is our pleasure to note that you had enjoyed your stay and pleased with the provided services. Your positive comments were highly appreciated and shared with our team members. This is our greatest reward from our valuable guests!

Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport
P.O Box 35257 | Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport | Umm Ramool, opposit T3. Dubai, UAE
E-mail: chady.kannan@hiexdubai.ae
Baku, Azerbaijan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Before arrival we were informed through e-mail that there is a daily shuttle to-from Mamzar Beach Park without any restriction note. It is also indicated on the board at the reception area also without any restriction note. However during our stay we were informed "verbally" that such service is being operated only when there are 5 or more customers who want to go to the beach.
On another occasion we have waited standing for about 20 minutes for the belated shuttle to pick us up from Festival City Mall. The driver complained about the traffic, but on return there was absolutely no traffic, where it takes just 5-10 minutes to drive between the hotel and the mall.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear BPakman,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We regret that you didn’t find your stay as pleasant as you would have hoped due to the issues with the shuttle service. Rest assured that we will take your comments under consideration so they will help us become the best hotel we can be. We hope you give us the privilege to continue to serve you in the near future.

Karen C
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This hotel is not build as a HIExpress but is a conversion, most likely from a Holiday Inn. The rooms interior is much different from a HIEX but at least a bit more "luxe". Nevertheless, it is quite dated but friendly. F&B surprisingly good, buffet style but much better in quality then many other buffets that I experienced. Diner buffet is very cheap with a wide variety.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaanChady, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014

E-mail: chady.kannan@hiexdubai.ae | Web: www.hiexpress.com/dubaiairport
Basrah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Temporary stay for one night to change flight, location is 5min from terminal 3 of Dubai airport
Hotel provide shuttle bus to terminal 1 and 3 every 1 hour

Food is good but don't expect five stars hotel service

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear HusseinBasrah,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel and the food served during your stay lived up to your expectations. I would like to apologize for the service you have received during your stay. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Baghdad, Iraq
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

A mid range hotel but of a very high standard, friendly staff, clean and tidy with complimentary courtesy buses to and from your terminal, highly recommended for busine travellers. I forgot my shaving equipment and was provided complimentary equipment at receiption. A very pleasant experience all round.

E-mail: chady.kannan@hiexdubai.ae
Pesaro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

The room which I hate was the 168 but I suppose that people in the rooms 169 and 170 experienced the same problem. These rooms are just above the entrance and you can hear the sliding doors opening and closing each time someone use them. Being an Express Airport there are continuosly people that come and go. Furthermore there is a shuttle from/to the airport each 30 mins, you can imagine...
At 3 am I asked to go to sleep in another room, Mr. Hassan (Manager in charge at the moment) very kindly offered me another room, but I should had to pack all my luggage to make the actual room free. At 3 am I want to go to sleep, not to pack my stuffs. He came with me to check the noise that as usually happens disappears. I staied in my room (168) and the noise came back, I was able to sleep just 2 hours in all the night.
Rooms are standard for an Holiday Inn Express.
Breakfast good.
JUST AVOID ROOMS NEAR ELEVATORS AND ENTRANCE DOORS.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevators or near the entrance door have to be refused or ask for a special price.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear DiPiers,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. It is regrettable your stay was negatively impacted by the noise challenges you encountered. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to make you stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport? Share your experiences!