“Great! But need to learn to communicate!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Dubai

Save Saved
You added Fraser Suites Dubai to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road | Sidra Tower, Media City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay 3 pay 2
Ranked #92 of 474 hotels in Dubai
Scotland
“Great! But need to learn to communicate!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed at the Fraser Suites for a month during February/March.

I was initially apprehensive about staying at the property because we had significant issues making the reservation. To cut a long story short the reservations team simply did not reply to emails, despite numerous emails following up I never received a reply - I was based in the US at the time and therefore calling Dubai was a challenge because of the time difference.

When we did arrive we were quite impressed with the property. The facilities were in good conditions with an excellent swimming pool and tennis facilities etc... The room was in good condition and the few issues that we did have were handled promptly by the engineering.

Attention to detail by the housekeeping could perhaps require some improvement - if you looked under the rim of the bath it was thick with gunge and clearly hadn't been cleaned in months - if ever. The appliances were also in need of some repair - the iron looked like a death trap with wires exposed and the kettle also leaked badly. These issues were quickly dealt with by the housekeeping team.

The guest service team were also very helpful. It was also a nice touch that operations team went to the effort to email and enquire as to how our stay was. We never received a reply to the email that we sent back though...

A week before we were due to check out the reservations manager contacted us via email to enquire whether or not we would like to extend as the occupancy during our week of departure was going to be particularly high and guests that were in house would be given preference if they wanted to extend. We had originally made a reservation on a package for 30 nights but no longer need the final 7. With the high occupancy we decided that we could perhaps come to a mutual arrangement with the hotel and check out early and get a refund on the remaining nights. We replied to email and yet again received no reply. So I decided to call the manager - he then quite bluntly informed me that no option was available to check out early and in fact he hadn't replied to my email because the option wasn't available.

This all very well and we were expecting this to be the answer. However I think that the reservations team need to learn about the common decency of replying to emails and speaking to guests with resect. It is incredibly frustrating and simply rude!

Great stay let down by the poor reservations team.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
David1611, General Manager at Fraser Suites Dubai, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Jet51

Thank you for your detailed review posted on Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read of the positive aspects of your extended stay with us, especially the responsiveness of our staff to your needs and the overall impression you have of the hotel. It is however indeed a shame that we managed to disappoint in regards to our communication prior to and during your stay.

Please be assured that your feedback has been shared and reviewed in detail with our reservations team. We apologise for the lapses on our part, however I am heartened that these issues did not diminish your overall experience of Fraser Suites Dubai.

We greatly appreciate your valuable comments and hope that we may welcome you back on a future occasion.

Warm regards

David Brown

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Fraser Suites in Dubai for 10 nights in January 2013. This was my first trip to Dubai and I was willing to spend as much as I needed (within reason) to ensure that I was not disappointed in my accommodation choice. In saying that, I didn’t want to be ripped off and I wanted the convenience of a little more space. Like most people, I looked into a range of accommodation options prior to my holiday – all five-star and many international chains – and Fraser Suites looked (by far) to be the best value for money. To be honest, my only concern prior to arrival was that it seemed quite affordable for the five-star standard. Could it possibly be THAT good? But, as soon as I arrived, I knew that I had definitely made the best possible choice. What a relief!

From the moment I arrived, the staff at Fraser Suites were more considerate than I have ever experienced. No matter the level or role of each staff member, they were all equally attentive and helpful. Upon check in, I was advised that I had been upgraded to a one bedroom premier suite with a balcony overlooking the Palm Jumeriah and breakfast was included! What a brilliant start to my holiday!

The room was spacious, elegantly furnished and extremely comfortable. The uninterrupted views from the master bedroom and the living area were breathtaking, from morning until night. I am quite fussy with my pillow and bed, as well as bathrooms (and I like good water pressure in the shower) – and everything got a massive tick from me. The bed and pillow, in particular, were heavenly.

Breakfast each day was fresh, beautifully cooked and appealing to a variety of tastes. Despite the huge range of prepared food, the staff very happily cooked eggs and omelettes to each guests specifications each morning – a level of service almost unheard of in hotel breakfasts in Australia! I also had dinner in the Aqua Café once, as well as room service on a few occasions. Again, it was all outstanding and very reasonably priced.

Prior to leaving Australia, I had booked for a five hour spa day at one of the leading hotel spas in Dubai. It was going to cost me almost 2,000 AED. Luckily, I discovered Awazen Spa on level seven in Fraser Suites, so I cancelled my other booking. For a fraction of the money that I was prepared to spend at the ‘other’ spa, I enjoyed a range of treatments without the hassle of leaving Fraser Suites. The hot stone massage, aromatherapy massage, facial and hammam body scrub were all unbelievably good.

The pool at Fraser Suites was very clean and it is perfectly positioned next to Aqua Café. I only went in once as it was not too hot during my stay (Winter). In addition, the gym was clean, well fitted and extremely spacious. I was on holidays so I didn’t try too hard to exercise – but I did enjoy it once!

Finally, the shuttle bus! The FREE shuttle bus is a wonderful service offered by Fraser Suites. I didn’t really think I would use the shuttle, given that taxis are very affordable in Dubai. But it so convenient and so reliable. What I didn’t know prior to my trip, is that although taxis are affordable in Dubai, they are in huge demand. The one time that I missed the shuttle bus (from the mall to Fraser Suites), I waited 50 minutes in line for a taxi! The fact that it was only 18 AED did not make up for the wasted time in line! After that, I had even more appreciation for this door-to-door shuttle service offered by Fraser Suites (to set locations). My advice is keep the shuttle timetable in your bag to avoid wasting any part of your holiday in a taxi line!

I know this is an extremely long testimonial about my stay at Fraser Suites, but a short review would not have done justice to the staff and management of Fraser Suites. I look forward to returning again and I will always look at the Fraser Suites options, whenever and wherever I travel around the world.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paphos, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

While the Fraser Suites may appear to be a little way from the action, the frequent transfers to the Mall of the Emirates and the low cost of taxis means everywhere important is in easy reach. Apartments are large and well appointed with excellent views and the breakfast is definitely a real plus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We visited dubai on dec1 th 2012 and stayed 3nights. After a lot of filteration we finally chose Fraser Suites and later realized that we did a best choice. Hotel staff is very friendly. Rooms are spacious and very clean. We requested for early checkin and confirmation for the same was prompt. We had a wonderful experience staying at Fraser Suites Dubai. It is a beautiful hotel with excellent staff services, high Quality Service. I will recommend this Hotel to all my Friends.
...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jeddah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Chose to stayed here out of curiosity, having stayed with the family at the Fraser Suites in Bahrain. Can’t really fault it. Seemed a touch older, although just as pristine. Wonderful views of the Burj Al Arab & the Khalifa at a distance. The corridor to the lifts gives you an austere and cold feeling as it is very bare. Could do with a picture or two to break the monotony.
They did say that the swimming pool was temperature controlled but as it was extremely windy they perhaps hadn’t switched it on. The water seemed very cold. It’s a lovely setting for breakfast overlooking the pool.

As other contributors have written the staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

Luckily I did not have any problem with taxi’s as I was leaving in the morning so they was always one taxi outside. Although the approach from Sheikh Zied Road is very easy, it is isolated from the other side and quiet which is quite welcome.

Room Tip: As for a sea view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed one bed room apartment in Fraser Suites Dubai in middle of this month.

When I arrived late night, I was very hungry. There were kitchen in the room so I was able to make hot chocholate. Next morning, I went down to cafe which serves breakfast. I am vegitarian so usually I have limited selection from buffet table but out of surprise, there were so many items for vagitarian option. yogurt and cheese were delicious. I sat outside table next to outdoor swimming pool. Sunny day with pleasant breeze, it was a paradise! I couldn't believe I was enjoying weather so much in Dubai. All along, I thought Dubai is sizzing place.

I really loved view from my room! I could see Palm Jumeira from distance. I took camera and recorded stunning view from my big window. View changed from morning to evening and I never tired of appreciating view from my window.

When turned on TV, I especially liked the hotel video, which covers a quite comprehensive introduction on Dubai, i.e. where to go, what to do and so on, it was really useful for first visitor like my self.

During my free time, I took hotel free shuttle bus to mall of emirate to check Ski resort and did some shopping.

Overall, I really enjoying my stay at Fraser Suites Dubai. I personally don't fancy for big five star tourist hotels, I can't find soul in it! (you know what I mean). So this 5 star serviced apartment is perfect for me as it has more intimate setting and not too bling bling yet has subtlety in its every corner of hotel which I can discover one after another by time goes. If I go back to Dubai again, certainly this serviced apartment is my first choice!

Mija

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My mother and I stayed at Fraser Suites for 10 nights in January 2013, and found the hotel to be excellent and met all our expectations. I was in a one bedroom apartment which was very spacious with a fantastic view over the Palm Jumeirah, as well as Sheikh Zayed Road. The room had everything we could have asked for, and everything was spotlessly clean. The only minor small downside was that our shower leaked at the bottom a little bit, otherwise, the bathroom was also very modern and clean. We had breakfast at the hotel cafe, Aquacafe, every morning and the staff were exceptional. I must make a special mention of one of the wait staff, Beschir, who went above and beyond in serving us, and we both thoroughly enjoyed his incredibly positive and helpful attitude! Another short mention must also be made of Sebastian who worked in the reception area carrying luggage, he always greeted us with a smile and was ready to help us with almost everything we could have asked for. I found taxis to always be there when we needed them, also, the shuttle bus service to the Mall of the Emirates was very useful for us as the metro station was there and we could carry on our journey to the rest of Dubai from there. Overall, we loved our stay here and we will definitely come back next time we should be in Dubai!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views, so try and get one on the highest floor possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fraser Suites Dubai? Share your experiences!