“Ok” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #157 of 5,607 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

People are aloud to smoke in there not good for my kids.
An average meal selection but don't eat out there.
Good if you want to watch the football.
Not the best bar in the world but not the worst

Visited August 2013
Torsten O, General Manager at Thyme, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Harry B,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent dining experience at Thyme restaurant.

I was happy to read your kind words regarding the bar which you felt was a good place to watch football on TV. I have noted your comments with regards to the food selection, as well as our atmosphere. I do appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments, which I will ensure that your feedback has been shared with the management team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope to welcome you back to Thyme restaurant in the future.

Dubai
“Great service, great food and nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This year I celebrated my birthday at Thyme restaurant, and I was more than happy about the decision to bring my friends there. The manager made a really good package for my birthday dinner (we were 8 people) and the table arrangements were more than nice for the occasion. The food stations were really good, the food was always fresh, the staff was really attentive and the drinks were good as well.
We often go there to have lunch, and I must admit that they never disappoint with the food variety. Great value for money!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Torsten O, General Manager at Thyme, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear IIarija,

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a belated “Happy Birthday!” I was delighted to know that you had celebrated this special occasion with us, and overall you had an enjoyable dining experience. Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive comments with regards to the food served in the buffet which you have kindly mentioned were good and always fresh, as well as the drinks that you felt were good!

Your personal acknowledgements with regards to my team, whom you felt were really attentive, were very much appreciated. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Sandnes, Norway
“Great food, reasonable prices with excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were so happy to discover Thyme our first day at Oasis Beach Tower in Dubai. This resulted in eating both breakfast and dinner here almost every day during our 13 days long stay. We will never forget the fantastic service and friendly staff at Thyme.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Torsten O, General Manager at Thyme, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear SteRos,

I was pleased to read your review, and I was happy to know that you had breakfast and dinner almost every day with us. I do also appreciate your positive remarks about the service which you have kindly mentioned was fantastic. Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words regarding my team whom you felt were friendly.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Thyme restaurant in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Nice Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed in the hotel and used Thyme for breakfast and dinner on a couple of days, Nice selection of food but not a place you can use everyday and we did not see many different menu changes.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Torsten O, General Manager at Thyme, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear AlandMary_12,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive comment with regards to the food selection which you have kindly mentioned was nice. I have also noted your feedback which I appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments, and as such your welcomed feedback has been shared with the management team for review.

Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great buffet with an amazing range of different foods that are fresh and of a very high quality. Chefs at stations will cook your choice of meat etc. exactly the way you choose and you can choose any available condiments to have it cooked in. The staff are courteous and helpful.

Visited July 2013
Torsten O, Manager at Thyme, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Serena P,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words regarding the food served in our buffet which you have kindly mentioned were great with an amazing range of foods that were fresh and of a very high quality. I do also appreciate your positive comments about my team whom you felt were courteous and helpful; I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with.

Resident Manager