“Fantastic Food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #156 of 5,610 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great buffet with an amazing range of different foods that are fresh and of a very high quality. Chefs at stations will cook your choice of meat etc. exactly the way you choose and you can choose any available condiments to have it cooked in. The staff are courteous and helpful.

Visited July 2013
Dear Serena P,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent dining experience at Thyme restaurant.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words regarding the food served in our buffet which you have kindly mentioned were great with an amazing range of foods that were fresh and of a very high quality. I do also appreciate your positive comments about my team whom you felt were courteous and helpful; I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope to welcome you back to Thyme restaurant in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I discovered the Thyme Restaurant on my last day and was highly impressed. The food was buffet style with a large variety of food being served.....only disappointed that i didn't discover it sooner.....advice to management, you need to do more to advertise its location, its very hard to find.

Visited June 2013
Dear Oze63,

It was a pleasure to read that you were highly impressed with us, and that you felt that the food served in the buffet has a wide variety. I appreciate you taking the time to offer your suggestions, and as such your welcomed feedback has been shared with the management team for review.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“best value brunch in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

If you are not one for an alcohol based brunch and you want somewhere that serves great simple home style food at fantastic value, look no further. The food is simple but the flavour is great, they have the best pork bacon,and sausages in Dubai and to top that when they have the roast gammon in the carvery, it is a must, it is the best I have ever tasted any where. The staff are great, friendly, tentative, the chefs will take the time to explain any of the dishes you want to know about.

For me as a non drinker, it was 1 of only 2 places I would go.

Great food, great service and great price, what else do you need.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Torsten O, Manager at Thyme, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Stuart H,

I was extremely pleased to read that overall you had an amazing dining experience. It was nice to read your positive remarks about the food and service which you felt were great, as well as the fantastic value for money. I do also appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team, whom you have kindly mentioned were great and friendly!

uk
“Happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Had a happy hour from 6 till 8 which was good, as drinks in Dubai hotels can be expensive. Had breakfast here everymorning, and staff very good.

Visited June 2013
Torsten O, Manager at Thyme, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear ukskel,

I was pleased to read your review, and I was happy to know that you had breakfast with us every morning, as well as the happy hour which you felt was good. I do also appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team, whom you kindly mentioned were very good.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Thyme restaurant in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Aberdeen
“Scrumptious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

When in Dubai you MUST visit this restaurant - tucked above offices on the 1st floor - marveloous extensive Menu or you can opt for the full Buffet which is spread throughout the entire restaurant - hot, cold, roasts, fish, pasta - everything and anything you could possibly desire and very reasonably priced!
Staff are very helpful and cleared away plates promptly to enable us all to load up again
- hang on to your cutlery if you intend trying the buffet option

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Lin B,

It was lovely to know that overall you had an enjoyable dining experience with us! I was pleased to read your positive comments about the food served in the buffet that you enjoyed.

Please also allow me to personally thank you for your kind words regarding my team whom you felt were very helpful, and I will ensure that your compliments are shared with.