“Nice !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #662 of 5,559 restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, International, Asian fusion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Karma Kafé is a deliciously different restaurant-lounge-bar concept from Raymond Visan, the creator of Buddha Bar. Offering a feast for all the senses with a fusion of Pan Asian and International flavours, as well as opulent surroundings and eclectic beats, Karma Kafé is a unique destination in the heart of Dubai. The outdoor terrace offers breathtaking views of the Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa, a must for all visitors to the city. This hidden gem can be found in an intimate corner of Souk Al Bahar, Downtown Dubai and opens every day from 12pm – 2am.
Dubai
“Nice !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have visited this place 3 times, twice for dinner and once for drinks only. Fortunetely it was all great. Friendly staff, especially the Bar Manager, Agus Goblet, he was superb. The dinner we had outside, because it has the view of Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa. The ambience was wonderful, me my husband really enjoy our evening there. I understand some of the Restaurant/cafe/lunge, will only give the table if we're going to have dinner, otherwise we just stay in the Bar (for drink only). But again, I was just lucky, I supposed, 3 times been there, I did not make any reservation, I just walked in. They asked, if we want to have dinner or just drink. So I just say as it is, go for drink or dinner. And I got a nice spot. So, I was happy and willing to come back to Karma Kafe.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Muscat, Oman
“Place to Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Nice place , great food , great crowd , Great Muscat and great location full on weekends , purely Adults place so no under 21 years allowed in .

You need to book before going to avoid standing and waiting on weekends

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Doha, Qatar
“Evening with friends”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were five persons and our host had been to this restaurant before and thus he made reservations in advance. The table was ready and it was what we had asked for.
Many people reserve a seat at this restaurant as some of the tables have spectacular views of the Dubai Fountains! We had a semi-view and we were quite pleased with it! Not the full panorama but we ordered late so happy we got what we got...

Ok, now time to order our first set of drinks!
Generally, service was lacking most of the evening. There were bursts of energy and good service, but the highs were high and the lows were low. The turnover of people was quite dramatic, with people coming and going.

Food! We enjoyed drinks at at.mosphere in Burj Khalifa and came straight from 123rd floor to 1st floor... Our expectations were high as we knew this place was associated with Buddha Bar...
Anyway, we ordered our dishes, some of us got starters, and all of us got our main courses..
The presentation of the food was OK, especially the starters but the main courses were disappointing, bland, bordering on dull and boring. Edible though!
The steamed soy beans salty and spicy were yummy, the dim sum were like thick raw pasta with various fillings, the six pieces of salmon were delicious and the other dishes were average...

The main courses, were a mixed tray! I had ordered a rainbow maki and was pleasantly surprised, it wasn't huge but it was tasty and all I needed.
My friend visiting from Denmark had big expectations on the evening and the flavorful piece of juicy meat she was about to bite into, NOT. The meat was pink'ish but it wasn't juicy nor succulent...

I won't go into the details of the rest of the party, but we all felt a bit let down, especially considering the premium we paid to enjoy the location.
The service was mediocre, on and off... When we asked for the bill the waiter stood at another table with several people that just couldn't make up their mind about what they were ordering. Instead of asking his manager or another waiter to close our bill, he just kept smiling and kindly asking us to wait. After about ten minutes, we made contact with one of the managers who got us the bill in less than a minute...

When we return to Dubai, we will return to Karma Cafe. We are willing to give it another chance, because all in all we did have a wonderful time... Good friends, good drinks, good times!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I visited this restaurant for the first time last weekend, and could not believe this was the first time I have eaten here in 2 years. the food and drink selection was amazing and a brilliant terrace and view of the fountains

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“great place to take your Bf/Gf”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

a romantic place to go to. you've got fantastic views of the fountains from the balcony.

drink prices are pretty standard. they've obviously spent way too much time on decorating the venue rather than focusing on customer service.

overall 65/100