“Conveniently located for business in the Dubai Internet City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Media One Hotel Dubai

You added Media One Hotel Dubai to your Saves list
Media One Hotel Dubai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dubai Media City, Plot No. 1 | Behind American University, Dubai 121818 , United Arab Emirates   |
Offers & Announcements
Book 3 nights & save 10%
Ranked #152 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
Gurgaon, India
“Conveniently located for business in the Dubai Internet City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I picked this hotel for a business trip as it was conveniently located for work in the Internet City - just a short walking distance away. The decor of the hotel is zany and takes a little getting used to. The rooms were quite small - but works if you are spending only the night in the rooms. The angle of the TV to the beds was rather weird though - not conducive to watching. The rooms were very clean and the bath-room did not seem too cramped. The breakfast spread was great with lots of options. The health club was small - only 3 treadmills. So, if you are keen on getting your workout and running is the thing that you do, then definitely plan on getting there by 6:30 am - else you may have to wait. The check-out experience was probably the only thing that rankled though - they had only 2 staff at the reception handling both check-in and check-out and I had a 15 minute wait (at 8:30 am) before I could reach the counter. Worth considering if you are staying single and with work around this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MediaOneHotel, Manager at Media One Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Samyukth S

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and I am pleased to see it was a great location for your visit to Dubai.

I have taken note of your comments about the angle of the TV and will ensure we develop ways to improve this aspect of the guest room. Our front office team has recently expanded and I hope that, should you return to Dubai, you will see a quicker front desk experience.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope the delay on check out will not deter you from returning to Media One in the future.

Yours Sincerely

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Location is great, staff and service are really good, especially breakfast and entryway/security guys who will run outside over the street to catch you a taxi if needed. The Deck at the 8th floor is pretty cool, although rooms hygyene could have been a bit better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear vmfromns

Thank you for posting your positive feedback on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay.

I have passed on your comments regarding the teams at the front driveway and MED restaurant and am pleased you enjoyed our recently refurbished DEK on 8 bar on the 8th floor.

It was disappointing to read of the hygiene standards in your room and I would appreciate if you could contact me on luke@mediaonehotel.com to learn more specifically what was lacking, hygiene wise within the room as we do have strict cleaning procedures.

Thank you once again for your feedback and hopefully we can welcome you back to Media One hotel in the future.

Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I spent some 5 nights at the Media One Hotel Dubai. What we liked is the friendly and helpful staff, breakfast buffet has much to offer. We got a quiet room, the room itself was not too big, but ok, nice view to the sea. Dubai Marina in walking distance and also JBR Walk. Taxis waiting right outside.

However around the bath tub there was a bit of mold also the shower curtain was moldy and yellow at the bottom which was disgusting. I don´t understand that because changing a new shower curtain is so cheap and easy. Also they put the furniture into this room in a very illogical and curious way: if someone would try to watch TV from the bed, you would get a stiff neck. Also there is no door to the bathroom and the wall between bathroom and bedroom is completey made out of glass! So you can see everything. If you are not very close you might feel uncomfortable!
No free internet in the room, only in the lobby. On weekends they have very loud club music playing from the pool level (8) which is quite disturbing until 3/4 am. Even though windows were closed, it was very loud. We know that the Media One characterises itself as a modern and young/funky hotel, but this loud music is way too much.
But all in all we had a good time there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear prophet_s1976

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. It was pleasing to hear that, in general, you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Our rooms are of a unique design and please do let us know on your return trip of your preferences and providing we have availability we do have other styles of rooms to offer.

We collate and analyse all feedback received in order for us to make decisions to improve our guests' experience and the comments you had with regards to the TV location and movement will certainly be used to make these key decisions.

Your experience regarding the pool area is a concern and I apologise if this was beyond your expectations. Our music is shut off at 3am at the very latest & reduced from 2am so it is a worry that, based on your feedback, the noise carried on until 4am. I am unsure on where this noise could have come from but will certainly investigate it with my team.

Thank you once again for your comments and I do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time staying at the hotel, and it didn't disappoint. One thing I would caution against is a pool-facing room. You will hear the music from the pool area. If you're a single traveler or looking to socialize, a pool-facing room can be good because you can see who is down there! Note that the rooms with a big bed (as opposed to two twin beds) have bathrooms with clear windows in the shower area, so there's no privacy. If you're traveling solo, that's no issue.
Room service was good and decently affordable, and the Spanish wine and cheese deal is a terrific offer.
Sign up for a Media One loyalty card and get some benefits!
Internet is free in the lobby but costs 75 AED for 24 hours in the room.

All in all, a good place.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear adricornell

Thank you for placing your positive comments on the tripadvisor.com page.

I was especially pleased that your second stay with us did not disappoint. Our Ole Tapas Spanish night continues to be successful and it was great that you had a chance to enjoy it. We follow Ole Tapas with our Cheese & Wine night on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights in cafe M so perhaps something to try on your next visit to Dubai.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Dubai in the future. Please do contact me should you need any assistance.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Room was small, and everywhere in the hotel music was playing constantly, a bit too much for my taste. The real treat was the staff: especially the team at breakfast made me feel like a good old friend being very engaged, seemed honestly interested in our experience and wellbeing. For some reason the coffee machine in the breakfast area was malfunctioning more than once during our 14 days stay, just when we ordered our daily caffee latte. But the staff found solutions to fulfill our request rather than just apologize for a broken machine. The other staff group to be highlighted were the guys outside, calling taxis or help loading luggage: they were always smiling and super friendly, funny in a nice way and creating holiday mood. People make the difference ! Well selected, Media One Management.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Wolf S

Thank you for your recent feedback on the stay you had with us late last year.

Our people are absolutely key to the success of the hotel and I appreciate the positive comments regarding the team. We work hard at ensuring the whole group of enthusiasts offer unique, HIP hospitality at a high standard and I am pleased in this case our restaurant & front office team especially met and hopefully exceeded this target.

Should you wish to visit Dubai again, I do hope we can assist you with your accomodation plans and please feel free to contact me should you need any help in doing so.

Thank you once again for the feedback!

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

It was very difficult to chose a hotel because Dubai is such a large city that you don't really know which is the best place to overnight. Honestly, I was really happy with the choice of Media One because I liked its position. It's very close to the sea (10 min walking) close to the Jumeirah Palm, and 5 min walking to the Dubai Marina (which I loooved). It's full of restaurants and bars right over the sea (it's more like a river between skyscrapers). On the other side of this "river" you reach the Walk at JBR, which is another complex with many restaurants and shops and it's very particular and nice.
the metro station is 10 min walking (Nakheel is the name of the station) and you can reach basically all the interesting attractions avoiding traffic. But with the taxi you can get everywhere without paying a lot (especially if you're 3 or 4 people). For 25 km you pay around 10 US dollars.
The hotel is very modern, with 2 restaurants (one on the 8th floor with a nice view) and another on the ground floor. The food is really good, and it's not too expensive. The service at the restaurant in the morning is not excellent, don't expect too much (they don't clean the table between different guests,...). The breakfast is ok there's enough things to eat.
The reception staff are great, everyone's very helpful and friendly. Also the security guys outdoor are helpful and nice with everyone. Rooms are not huge but big enough, with a beautiful view, and all the services. On the 8th floor you can enjoy the pool with many sunbeds and a bar (even though the pool is often in the shadow, but you can still lie on the sunbeds in the sun).
The only problems I got was the room which smelled of smoke, but the one of my mother didn't have this problem. I think it was just a bad luck, and secondly during the week end (Thursday and Friday night) there's some music in the swimmingpoool area until 1 am. So you may ask for a room on the other side.
In general, I would recommend this hotel because of the quality/price ratio, for the position and for the staff.

Room Tip: High floor, away from the pool
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear EstyQ

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor.com which is essential in helping us maintain our high standards at Media One.

I was happy to read you found our hotel perfectly located. Dubai Marina and Jumeirah Beach Residence are certainly 'happening' districts and we are lucky to be perfectly placed to reach them.

My Executive Chef & kitchen group have received your positive feedback regarding the quality of food and our front desk managment along with the security and driveway team continue to provide excellent service and I appreciate the positive feedback regarding that aspect of your stay.

The feedback regarding the breakfast table set up has been passed onto the restaurant manager and I apologise for this brief lack in service from the team.

Our noise levels remain upbeat and vibrant in line with the look and feel of the hotel and I apologise if this reached a limit during your stay where it impacted your stay.

Thank you once more for your feedback which is essential in continuing to maintain the service standards at Media One Hotel and I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Media One Hotel
blackpool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

i was just looking for somewhere in dubai to rest for two days before carrying on to hong kong, the hotel was cheap, so i gave it a try. The room is very large for the money you pay, but it is in the media city, so quite far away from everything. Taxi to city if i remember correctly cost about £15 each way, so it does add up. The breakfast was just ok and the service was non-personal but adequate, so if you are just looking for a well-price hotel with large nice room, this is good, but don't expect top service and breakfast. Idea if you have a car.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear blkman 1

Thank you for your feedback posted on tripadvisor.com recently.

I was disappointed to read that our location was not ideal for your stay in Dubai. Depending where in downtown you were heading to, a taxi is more like 8-11 GBP one way from Media One but again, it does depend on where in downtown you were visiting. Please do let us know if we can assist with your transport requirements should you return to Dubai.

My apologies for the non-personal service at breakfast. We emphasise the importance of interacting with our guests at breakfast and all stages of a guest stay and clearly we were not up to scratch on this occassion. I have passed on the feedback to the restaurant manager and will monitor this in the future.

Please do let me know if you are returning to Dubai and if we can assist with any future stays and once again, thank you for the feedback which is essential for us in continuing to maintain high standards of service.

Yours Sincerely

Media One Hotel

Been to Media One Hotel Dubai? Share your experiences!