“Good but rooms too small” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Citymax Bur Dubai

You added Citymax Bur Dubai to your Saves list
Citymax Bur Dubai
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kuwait St and Mankhool Rd, Al Mankhool | Bur Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #190 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Karachi, Pakistan
“Good but rooms too small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Everything was fine, except the size of the room... it was tiny! We had taken a Standard Room. Most of the room was taken up by the bed, which was smaller than queen size. As we had over two suitcases, that took up the little space we had left - hence we could barely move around the room with ease!
Bathroom was small too, but that wasn't an issue as it served the purpose. The shower was lovely.
It's a decent place to stay if you're on a budget and just want basic comfort.
Don't forget to carry toothpaste and shampoo, 'cause they don't provide it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Let me try to break it down to facilitate your research:
- Room
The room was clean and tidy, the windows were a bit dirty so you didn't have a clear view of the outside. The room is small but caters for all your needs. The shower was decent.
- Location
Bur Dubai is in the "old part" of Dubai. Most of the attractions are in the "new" part of Dubai. This is not a deal breaker but be prepared to catch a cab wherever you go. Piece of advice: Don't use the limo-taxis in front of the hotel. They charge you double price. Wait for the the regular taxis and save your hard earned money.
- Staff
No issues there, they were educated and forthcoming as expected.
- Cleanliness
Apart from the window, nothing worth mentioning here. The room was decently clean and so was the bathroom.

All in all, a good hotel that I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Bur Dubai, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear AdrianoDL,

Thank you so much for your detailed review on your most recent stay at Citymax Bur Dubai.

The points you mentioned about the window cleanliness are well noted.

Thank you once more and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Dubai.

Ploiesti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

A nice hotel in a convenient location in Dubai. The check-in was fast and the rooms although they are small they are very comfortable and clean. The bathroom is of medium size, clean with a full bathtub. The beds are extremely comfortable. The wi-fi is extremely slow (both the free lobby one and the paid one in the room) which is an inconvenience if you want to use wi-fi on you phone or iPad like I wanted to, but you can still use the free internet cable in your room for your laptop. At first I was given a room which overlooked one of the atriums (and not the city), which I didn't mind at first because I wasn't in Dubai to spend all my time in the room looking out of the window, but at night the noise from the A/C on the top floor was bounced back in the atrium and was making so much noise that it was impossible to sleep even with earplugs on so I ended up requesting another room. The changing of the room was fast, everyone at the reception was nice and helpful. The breakfast wasn't very diverse but it was good and fresh and in my opinion there was something for everybody (vegetables, salads, donuts, pancakes, eggs, cheese etc. ). The hotel pool is very small, but it offers a great view of downtown Dubai. There is a shuttle to take you to the beach and the major malls. It is a small minibus and all seats fill up quickly like others have said, but in my opinion that is not such a big deal because you can always take a taxi ( it's about 10 dirhams to the beach, that's about 2 euros or 3 dollars). The location is nice, you have to walk about 10 min to the metro (I wouldn't recommend doing that in the summer months) or you can take a bus 1-2 stops to the metro. Taxis are always available in front of the hotel and they are very cheap. There are a few supermarkets about 3 min walk from the hotel which have everything you may need. All in all it is an average hotel (that will have 3-3.5 stars in most parts of the world) that offers everything you need as a tourist, that is clean and with friendly staff, but do not expect luxury.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear sograd89,

Thank you very much for your Trip Advisor review dated the 31st of July.

Please be assured that we have noted the points that you mentioned such as the noise of the AC and the slow Wifi. We will surely look into this and take the necessary actions.

Thank you once more and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Dubai.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Good and Comfortable Hotel in a central location in Dubai.Rooms though small are comfortable and functional.Check in and Check out are smooth and hassle free.Though they offer shuttle services to Dubai Mall and beach regularly ,you are advised to plan and travel.Taxis are availble through out the day and Metro is also nearby.
The Breakfast at restaurant is nthing to rave about but OK.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Bur Dubai, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear KRAMA200,

Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor dated the 18th of July.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Dubai.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at the Bur Dubai Citymax during 28th June to 2nd July 2013. Being pretty near to the Airport I zipped down in a cab in approx 30mins.

My check in was pretty smooth within 10minutes or less I was in my room had a good bath and slept on. Their beds and mattresses are way better than what I have experience amongst other hotels while travelling. Being my first business trip to Dubai the experience was brilliant.

I ordered for an Iron table and I gave as given the table + iron for my use throughout my stay. Ethernet cable internet was quite reliable and free in the room. Their lobby wi-fi was fast enough too and free.

I had a morning buffet breakfast spread on one of the days. Decent pricing at 40AED but expected more items to be there in future. Chicken sausages were expected too against the beef ones.

The house keeping staff were quite polite and fast to attend to any of my services. Toilets clean and new bedsheets and towels every day were diligently kept while I as away on my work.

Over all an amazing hotel and good location. I will be back to this if again am travelling to Dubai.

Room Tip: Get a room with a window. Even though you will not open it but a bit of fresh air helps rather than...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear toadityakumar,

Thank you so much for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel is located about 20min walking from the main tourist attractions of Dubai. The room was ok, but nothing special, especially if you compare it to the Dubai/Arab Emirates standard service. Staff was friendly, breakfast ok. Gym was ok too, they had all the standard equipment you can expect. Lots of (loud, not really friendly) Russian tourists, everything was written in English and Russian.

One thing did bother us a lot, though: the swimming pool was closed for maintenance and they did not tell us, only a little sheet on the door, so we had to go to the beach. The return shuttle bus from the beach was way too small to get everyone back to the hotel and there was only one scheduled. As we had to catch a flight, we tried to get in but got literally pushed back outside by Russian tourists (who were absolutely obnoxious and badly educated!!). We asked the driver and he told us that he would phone the hotel for an other shuttle that would come in 30min. It is unacceptable that they do not respect the scheduled shuttles and provide only this mini shuttle when they probably know its not going to be enough.

It wasn't bad but you can certainly get better for the same price in Dubai.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CitymaxBD, General Manager at Citymax Bur Dubai, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Tatiana,

Thank you for your support and comments made on Trip Advisor dated the 14th of July and thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused to you with regards to the swimming pool closure. Unfortunately during your stay, we had encountered a major maintenance issue and the pool was forced to be closed with immediate effect. I would like to advise you however, that letters have been sent to all rooms in relation to the closure of the swimming pool. Unfortunately this hasn’t take place during your visit.

As per the shuttle, we currently have one 32-seater bus which runs on scheduled time. I will certainly investigate your experience and will ensure that the bus runs according to its scheduled timings.

Thank you once more for your support and again my sincere apology for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Muscat, Oman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Was my second stay to this hotel. I had always considered this as a good overnight stay hotel. The staff behaves the same as well. Fairly clean in its environment. Was really bothered when all the staff right from the bell boy to the cleaner to the reception desk to the any one who can interact with you reminding you of the check out time. I definitely got irritated.

Would advise you to confirm if the breakfast is included in the price before commiting to any price. The Website I booked , which was the direct booking site, confirmed that breakfast was part of the offer. This was also confirmed when I checked in. But at the time of the breakfast the person at the cafe entrance didnt agree to this and I had to pay this seperately. While checking out the staff at the reception desk also initially confirmed this but then they were finding excuse on to convince me why it wasnt part of it. the Manager on duty(One Mr.Khan) while overhearing my argument with the Reception desk didnt even bother to come and clarify. And it took 45 minutes to clarify this.

So in short, a good overnight hotel but check and verify what is included in the price or spent your time speaking and clarifying this.

Shenod

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Shenod,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor dated the 13th of July. First of all I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused on any miscommunication from our side related to your stay where you had assured your rate includes a breakfast. After investigating your report, I understand that my Front Office team had discussed this with you upon your departure and had shown you the promotion which was running on our website.

The Front Office team had shown you that the website indicated that the promotion was available for reservations made before the 11th of July. However our records indicated that your reservation was made on the 12th of July, therefore the offer including breakfast had expired.

I had discussed the same with our Duty Manager (Mr. Khan) and can assure you that in future, should any issues of this nature occur, the Duty Manager will sort it out there and then for you.

Thank you for your support and again my apologies for any miscommunication or inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Walter Knight

Been to Citymax Bur Dubai? Share your experiences!