“Great Staff, Perfect Location, Resonable Price” 5 of 5 stars

Landmark Hotel Riqqa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al-Jazeera Street, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #249 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Tehran, Iran
“Great Staff, Perfect Location, Resonable Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed in Landmark Riqqa for 5 days with my wife,
Everything was perfect, first I heard from some passengers in the lobby that Hot water is not working and it's not clean,
But then I discovered those poor guys did not speak English so they did not know to how to turn on hot water or ask for room service!
The staff and reception were cooperative and great, there was a girl at the reception named Antonina who helped us a lot with the best possible attitude,
The price is very reasonable, we had to pay only 300 Dirhams per night.
Only problem was that minibar did not work properly and since we did not use it much we did not even ask to repair it!
The food was also OK ,
Sleeping at late night there is fantastic since it was very very quite and calm.
We'll be back there for sure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Sheykh

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay with your wife in our Landmark Riqqa Hotel in June 2012. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable.

I am very pleased that your expectation were met and that you had a great stay with your friends. It is great to see our team especially Antonio was there to tend to your needs and make your time with us that much better. I will certainly pass on all your comments to the team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.

It is important to us to receive such positive feedback, especially regarding our customer service our amenities we offer like swimming pool and gym as well as the fantastic location our hotel is in. Thank you for your great comments, it is great to hear that when you are back in Dubai you will stay with us once again.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to our hotel again in the very near future.

Landmark Hotels and Suite

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed here from 5th June until 14th June 2012.

The hotel is located perfectly with a metro station about 5 minutes walk away. There are loads of taxis outside as the hotel is on a main road.

There are 4 different landmark hotels in the area but its the only hotel that says 'Riqqa' so make this clear to the taxi driver as often they end up at the Landmark Grand on the other side of the stretch.

A special thanks to Salman and Antonio - for they gave us perfect information and a brilliant service. Thank you very much. ;)

The rooms are big and spacious. The A/C works perfectly. The minibar is well stocked. The maids do a wonderful job cleaning the rooms daily. The in-room safe worked flawlessly. The TV had loads of channels, mainly in Arabic and English only.

The breakfast buffet was good but a lot of Arabic food and although some Western food not always enough choice for a westerner I found.

If you get a good price online for this hotel then its definitely up to its 4 star standard.

WiFi is available for AED 10 an hour. This is about £1.70 an hour. I did find the WiFi would only work in some parts of the room and in other parts you'd get no signal at all.

There is a pool, sauna and gym located on the 4th floor. The pool was lovely and a good way to spend th evening relaxing and socialising with other guests.

Thanks again for a great stay. I would definitely stay here again.

The hotel is located in an area called Riqqa, which is close to Bur Dubai and Deira so a great central point. It is about a 20 minute drive from Dubai Mall and about 25 minutes from Jumeriah Beach, but taxis are inexpensive and air conditioned.

If you stay here, enjoy!

Room Tip: We stayed in 2 different rooms as we were moved due to decorating. The room on the 1st floor was sli...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear Magicman316

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay with your friends in our Landmark Riqqa Hotel in June 2012. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable.

I am very pleased that your expectation were met and that you had a great stay with your friends. It is great to see our team especially Salman and Antonio were there to tend to your needs and make your time with us that much better. I will certainly pass on all your comments to the team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.

Landmark Hotels and Suite
Nea Makri, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed at landmark hotel riqqa for 2 nights as a stopover before i go to Bangkok. The hotel is very near at the airport about 10 min by taxi and it costed 30drh. Te room was big and nice and clean every day the staff was very friendly.Also it is awarded from Tripadvisor for 2012.
The hotel is near at union and al riqqa metro stations. For the breakfast i can't tell anything because wasn't incl. at the price. At the area you can find supermarket and a few restaurants at al riqqa street.
I recommend that hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
CEOlandmark, General Manager at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Landmark Riqqa . I have passed your compliments on to all staff that made you stay at Landmark Riqqa special; it is indeed very motivating for us to see our efforts being recognized.

It is always a pleasure looking after you, many thanks for you continued patronage. I, along with the entire Landmark Riqqa team, look forward to welcoming you back soon

Warm Regards
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

A centrally placed hotel in-between two metro station and near to all facilities in Deira area. I had an stay of three nights honoured by an upgrade to a suite. What touched me most though was the way I was taken care of. It made me feel cosy and homely. A fantastic staff whose willingness to assist was priceless; Munir, Santosh, Soaib, Natraj, Mujibur, Stretson, Salman, Imran, Antonina, Nuruddin, Saleh, Arwa are the names not to be forgotten. My cordial thanks to them and to the leadership of the Landmark hotel. There is though a potential side on the leisure area e.g. spa, massage and sauna. I shall return again and again............!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Babu M

Thanks for your great comments. It is very pleasing to hear such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay in May 2012 at our Landmark Riqqa Hotel.

I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how well most of my team looked after you especially Munir, Santosh, Soaib, Natraj, Mujibur, Stretson, Salman, Imran, Antonina, Nuruddin, Saleh, Arwa and they were able to make your Holiday that little bit more enjoyable. I am pleased to see they were helpful and courteous and that we were able to anticipate your needs and always with a smile. It is always refreshing to hear such positive feedback from our loyal guests.

We are very pleased with our great location and the easy accessibility to everything in Dubai especially with 2 metro station within 2 minute walking distance. With so much to see in Dubai in has never been so easy now to travel.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed here for two nights on a short stopover in Dubai. The hotel staff were excellent, the room was spacious, clean and comfortable, the rooftop pool was small but good and breakfast was fine - and all at an extremely competitive price. The hotel is conveniently located in Deira, is an easy walk away from two Metro stations and is also near to a supermarket and various dining options. Dubai itself is an easy stopover for a couple of days although, after that, the appeal of this ultra-modern, shopping orientated city may wear a little thin. Certainly there are a few nice hotel bars to sit in, although, of course, no 'pubs' as such and a trip up the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, is a must - although book a ticket well in advance over the internet if you don’t want to pay the ridiculously high walk in rate. In addition, have a puff on a sheesha and enjoy some Middle Eastern food before heading to elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Johnny_5_bellys

Thanks for your great comments. It is very pleasing to hear such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay in April 2012 at our Landmark Riqqa Hotel.

I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how well most of my team looked after you and your family and we were able to make your Holiday more enjoyable. I am pleased to see they were helpful and courteous and that we were able to anticipate your needs and always with a smile. It is always refreshing to hear such positive feedback from our loyal guests.

Thank you for your great comments regarding the food we provide to our guest during breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as our great location and the easy accessibility to everything in Dubai especially with 2 metro station within 2 minute walking distance.

Kiama, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We had a three night stopover in Dubai and the Riqqa was very suitable to wander around the Deira area of Dubai. The breakfast was good, the staff tried to be helpful, the pool was clean, the rooms were a good size. Our only problem were the two mosques that surround the hotel that call to prayers all day but especially at 4.15 am and then at 4.45am every morning. Very hard to sleep through that. Also be wary of the drivers at the airport who say they are taxis but charge 80D to drive you there where as the return taxi was 21D.

Room Tip: Sleep quality was only disturbed by outside noises, not the fault of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Hotel Riqqa, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear David L

Thank you for your great comments regarding our food we provide to our guest during breakfast, lunch and dinner.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Landmark Riqqa in the near future.

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

For $81 a night plus breakfast, I was pleased with the room. It was spacious and practical. It was only a ten minute walk to the metro station. While I wish they did not charge by the hour for a wireless connection in the room, still I would stay here again. The room was clean and there is a supermarket nearby if you want to purchase some cold drinks to place in the refrigerator. I missed the breakfast buffet so I can't comment on it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear BKC2003

Thanks for your great comments. It is very pleasing to hear such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with your family in April 2012 at our Landmark Riqqa Hotel.

I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how well most of my team looked after you.

Thank you for your great comments regarding our spacious bedrooms as well as our great location, we to are very pleased with our fantastic location which is near to the Metro Station as well as the famous Al Ghurair mall as this is a top priority for our hotel guests.

Landmark Hotels and Suites

Been to Landmark Hotel Riqqa? Share your experiences!