“Good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Rigga Street | Deira, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #256 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Hotel is in a good location with shops and restaurants a short walk away. The staff always had a smile on their face and were happy to help with tours and things to do in Dubai.

I would be happy to stay in this hotel again and will recommend to other.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mark G, Vice President Hotels and Leisure at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Martin B

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in June 2013. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything good that Dubai has to offer.

I am very pleased that your expectation were met and that you had a great stay. It is always pleasing to see our team were there to tend to all your needs and make your time with us that much better. Thank you for the great comment about my team always having smiles on their faces, as we believe in our motto " A SMILE IS FREE, SO SMILE AND MAKE THEIR DAY". I will certainly pass on all your comments to the team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.

As a hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guest. Thank you for your great comments regarding our fantastic location right in the heart of Dubai's business district of Deira on Riqqa Road where you can find everything from malls to great restaurants to business as well as the brand new metro station which is 200 meters away which takes you to see some of the most iconic paces in the world, like the world famous Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa, Dubai Marina, Palm Jumeirah and Atlantis.

Once again thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again very soon.

SFC Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We read the mixed reviews about this hotel and decided to give it a try. We booked online and with tax included the bill came up to 287.50 dirhams but when we checked in they charged us another 10 dirhams more. When we asked why, they said thats the tax for breakfast which wasn't covered in the "online booking" They wouldn't admit that this 10 dirhams was the "room booking fee" which they obliviously and so shamelessly charged it to us-the guests from their 3rd party online vendor. When we asked for a copy of their "booking" they refused to allow us to see it much less argue about their 297.50. The service is crappy, the Filipino women manning the desk were downright rude and slow. Also, they wanted to hold on to our passports and when we refused to let them do it, she said to come back and collect it after 30 mins. For everything, we had to put our foot down and demand.

The room was ok, there were about 10 channels available with basic amenities. Actually, I was surprised the room was better than expected. The hotel staff are harassing lot, they kept calling us every 1 hour after 11am to ask when we are leaving the hotel. Saturday in middle east is equivalent to Sunday and normally hotels empty out on Sunday but for some reason this people kept asking us to what time we were "checking out" Our room had the following:

breakfast set
TV
bed
writing table and chairs
balcony-glass door was locked
bathtub and shower
fully stacked minibar

After a day of sightseeing and shopping, we came back to the hotel to collect out luggage, we had kept it there after we checked out. We were tired so we decided to check out the "posh" restaurant downstairs. We ordered tea and lassi and it took them 20 mins to prepare for it. We had to ask them of they were going to be slow then to cancel the order. I think that was when they actually rushed for the order. And one of the staff was laughing at something on the TV and kept giggling when taking our order. The people here are ridiculous and stupid-if I may sum up the service.

Finally, when we wanted to take out bags from the reception the lady there rudely directed me to "look for the bellboy" whom was chatting away with the kitchen staff (what are they doing in the lobby may I ask?) but when I went up to him with my receipt he did hand over the luggage.

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone unless they really need to be in Deira, and 10 mins away from airport. Also when we were checking in, someone stole their minibar from the room and it was a havoc-something the management staff don't know how to react to

Room Tip: take the higher floor, we stayed in room 704
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark G, VP Hotels and Leisure SFC Group at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear SaltyBodiceRipper

I was very disappointed to read your review and find out that you did not enjoy your stay at our Avenue Hotel and that we clearly failed to meet your expectations in May 2013.

Firstly I need to assure you that this sort of service and behavior is not the normal standard our guests can expect at our Avenue Hotel. I am truly sorry you felt your experience with our team was very poor and that you found the team to be rude and unprofessional.

I was very shocked to read your review regarding the rudeness of my team member as well my staff members not be interested. I have immediately reported this to my Executive Team for a full investigation, as this sort of service is definitely not acceptable. I would really like to apologize for my teams behavior on that day, I am confident this was a one off as this is truly not our normal practice here at Avenue Hotel.

Regarding the discrepancy or confusion regarding the AED 10 at the Front Office I have personally asked my Front Office Manager to investigate this matter and get back to me at his earliest.

SaltyBodiceRipper as you can see by our many positive reviews here on Tripadvisor regarding Avenue Hotel we have really come up short on meeting your expectations and for that I am truly sorry and I would really like to get in touch directly with you and personally rectify this.

What disappoints me most is that my team did not rectify any complaints made by you during your stay.

I look forward to be given the opportunity to communicate with you, where you will allow me the opportunity to discuss your stay with us.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here as a group of 3 on a works trip we didn't eat at the hotel as we were up & out each morning, it was very clean, the staff were friendly enough but although they spoke English it was hardwork some times to communicate with them, it had a night club, a bar, a pool, & even a gym, taxi's were cheap & we hired one for the whole day which was only 700 dirham that's about £130 depending on what exchange rate you got we went all over up to Abu Dhabi to the marina, to the waterpark, to the burj khalifa, all over & back to the hotel about 9pm, the rooms are very nice with a powerfull shower a lcd tv & a mini bar which I didn't touch as it was about £ 6.00 for a small bottle of beer, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: my room over looked the main road which you could not here a sound but I liked just watching the wor...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mark G, VP Hotels & Leisure SFC Group at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear FreddiefeatheR

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay with your friends in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in April 2013. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything that Dubai and Abu Dhabi has to offer.

I am very pleased that your expectation were met and that you had a good stay. It is great to see our team were there to tend to your needs and make your time with us that much better. I will certainly pass on all your comments to the team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.

As a hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guest. Thank you for your great comments regarding our spacious rooms and all our facilities that we offer in our rooms like our LCD TV and mini bar, as well as all our F&B options, like our Restaurants and Nightclubs and Bars as well as the easy location of the hotel in the heart of Deira on Rigga Road.

Once again thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to our hotel again very soon.

Shiraz, Iran
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Dear Freinds.
As i told you before i visited dubai 10 times and the manhatan avenue was my first choice in most of my trips. i went there 5 times and even wrote review here before BUT i dont know exactly what happened to this hotel, before was better than now.

they give me a room which nomber was 302. the room was dirty at the time i enter and the bathroom was not clean enough.

I asked roomservice to bring breakfast to my room. It was a good breakfast but the guy who bring it to my room asked money in a not freindly manner. In the other hotel i just sign the bill instead of pay cash.

I also went to BAR. i asked for beer. after a short time i changed my table becuase a desk beside me was full of prestitute and i didnt like to sit there.
In the new table, the waiter come to me and ask to order drink again. i told her that i ordered just a few minutes ago but she said ' YOU HAVE TO ORDER BECUASE IT IS A NEW TABLE ' .
I dont drink too much so i didn't order anything. she asked me to leave rudly and said the " WE NEED THE TABLE " with an angry face.
there was a lot of empty table there!!!!

Honestly i think about a new hotel.
I hope that the manager of hotel write good and complete answers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Hotel Location in very good ,however the stuff are not that much friendly and they need to have more training regarding Customer Service.
Few Dirty found at the rooms as if no one clean before.
the hotel almost near the airport,easy access to Metro and food restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mark G, VP Hotels & Leisure SFC at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear AhmedBaghdadi

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in March 2013. I was very disappointed to read your review and find out that you felt my management team had failed to meet your expectations.

Firstly I need to assure you that this sort of service is not the normal standard our guests can expect at our Avenue Hotel.

I was very shocked to read about my staff not being friendly. I have immediately reported this to my Executive Management Team as this sort of service is definitely not acceptable. I would really like to apologize for this and I am confident this was a one off as this is truly not our normal practice here at Avenue Hotel.

As a hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guest. Thank you for your great comments regarding our great location only 10 minutes from Dubai's international airport as well as just 2 minutes’ walk from Al Ghurair Centre with various shops.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again very soon.

Epe, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

good location with a lot of small restaurants.
close to the Dubai Metro ( 200 metres)
clean rooms but no wifi.
reasonable priced.
you can open the window for "fresh" air.
breakfast buffet is average with not enough arabic/lebanese dishes.
staff is friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Anthony G

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in February 2013. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything good that Dubai has to offer.

As a hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guest. Thank you for your great comments regarding our great location in Deira in Rigga Road just 2 minutes’ walk from Al Ghurair Centre with various shops, our lovely clean rooms, our very friendly staff as well as all our F&B options, like our Restaurants and Nightclubs and Bars.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Good location close to many malls and a huge array of reasturants located outside the hotel. Very easy to get a taxi as many are in the area. Swimming pool is not great, but all other hotel facilities are to a high standard including the hotel bar which does some very good steak and entertainment. the hotel iis only 200 meters away from Al Rigga metro station.The hotel service is graet. I like the fact that if you have any issues or concerns the staff is right there to resolve them. Need an extra towel there is usaully someone per floor you dont even have to call the desk. Air conditionor no to your liking the maintenance guy was there in 5 min and it was fixed ASAP.there are two nice night clubs in the hotel with a good restaurant downstairs and you do not have to wait long if you order room service. A metro station is nearby so if you want to go shopping or dining you can easily transit to the malls. I will advice my friends to stay in this hotel when they visit Dubai they will like it too i will visit it again

Room Tip: There is a big nightlife on the same street.The hotel is located on a Main Street which means you ca...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Msfinest

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay in our Avenue Hotel in Dubai in November 2012. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable. It is great to see you experienced everything that Dubai is about.

It is very important to get feedback from our guest. Thank you for your great comments regarding our spacious rooms and all our facilities that we offer from our gym and swimming pool, as well as all our F&B options especially our specialized steak house. Thank you for your great comments regarding our great location only 10 minutes from Dubai's international airport as well as just 2 minutes’ walk from Al Ghurair Centre with various shops and outlets for our guests to choose from.

SFC Group

Been to Avenue Hotel? Share your experiences!