“"FANTASTIC HOTEL"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers

You added Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers to your Saves list
Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cluster J | Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai 37246, United Arab Emirates   |
Offers & Announcements
10% Off & Free Internet
Ranked #63 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
LIVERPOOL
“"FANTASTIC HOTEL"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

Just returned from a really memorable holiday in Dubai, had a amazing time. Stayed at the Bonnington and couldn't fault the hotel. Rooms are lovely and very comfortable, slept better than I ever have on holiday! Dined in the Cavendish and Healey's bar and the food was really good. Service excellent. The hotel is just a five minute walk to the metro station. I would definately recommend this hotel and give it 10 out of 10 .

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
bonningtontower, Hotel Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, December 1, 2010
Dear BELLELiverpool,

Many thanks for your kind words!

I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the hotel, the beds, and the food & service in our restaurants.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Bonnington in the future!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

Stayed recently in mid Nov and we reached early in the morning and were arranged a early check-in. Nice. Managed to grab some precious sleep. Service throughout my stay were excellent and rooms were immaculate. Beds were very comfortable and pillows were very fluffy.
Ordered room service once and the food was reasonable factoring in the price.

When i check out, i left a pouch behind. Staff were prompt to ensure contents were taken care of and arranged to courier back to me. Great Service! *Thumbs up*

Only potential downside is the location. The driver whom was supposed to pick me for the desert safari had problem finding the hotel. But he seem like a newbie driver as travelling around by cab works out fine to me and no problem at all.

Bar were decent and good for chilling with friends. Heated indoor pool was good with a nice view as well.

All in all, if you want great service and value, this would be it. Recommended. :)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
bonningtontower, Hotel Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Dear elmo11,

Thank you very much for your review!

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your expectations of our service were met.

In regards to the safari, the operators we are working together with are well aware of the hotel location (as are most taxi drivers by now), however, I appreciate that, if you booked direct with one of the many other companies offering safaris, you may have encountered a driver who was not yet fully up-to-date. This can only get better the more established we become.

We hope to see you again soon!

Aussie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

The hotel itself is stylish and chic on the inside, and new-ish on the outside (old looking if you compare it to the new hotels around it). The taxi driver had some trouble finding the hotel as the area is very new with loads of new hotels which was fine. The room was pretty nice. Healeys bar was really lovely to have a drink in or some food. But this is all overlooked by the bad service. We ordered room service twice - the first time they forgot one dinner meal out of the two ordered and said it would take half an hour to bring up so we ended up sharing (food was plain not very tasty), the second time we ordered breakfast and they forgot half of our dishes (we ordered an english breakfast but only got the toast & eggs - they forgot the sausages, tomato, bacon, baked beans, black and white puddings.) And to top it all off we were woken up at 4.30am by a wake up call to the wrong room - they insisted we had organised it! We also found a used condom under bed! Really off putting! I would reccommend the room if you dont order room service and check your room is tidy before accepting it (check under the bed!) The showers flood straight away too so its impossible to wash your hair.

Dear aussiemiss25yes,

Thank you very much for your comments.

While I was happy to see that you liked the style of the hotel and enjoyed Healey’s Bar, I was very concerned about the other points raised in your review.

I tried to contact you for further information, unfortunately, you chose not to reply to my message.
There are several points which, without further clarification, I have some trouble understanding:
You mentioned that the hotel looks old from the outside compared to the new hotels around it and that the taxi driver had issues finding it as the area is new and has loads of hotels.
While I do not doubt that some taxi drivers still have issues finding Jumeirah Lakes Towers, because it is a newish area of Dubai (as you also pointed out), I a confused about your frequent references to the number of new hotels in the area. We are and, for the foreseeable future, remain the only full service hotel in Jumeirah Lakes Towers.

Concerning the other points you mentioned, I can only apologise for the service shortfalls you experienced, however, as none of these points are mentioned in our daily duty management logs and as you declined to provide additional information such as your stay dates or the details of the room you stayed in, there is not much else I can do. Naturally, I have discussed all points you mentioned with the appropriate managers, who will work hard to ensure that similar issues do not crop up again in the future.
The issue with the shower flooding, by the way, is currently being addressed and this design-related mistake will soon be rectified in all the last few remaining rooms.

I am the first person to admit that, like any other hotel, we are not 100% perfect, but at the same time I would have fully expected to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay while you were with us. All my team-members know that I am only a phone-call away and usually available to meet with guests at short notice during office hours.

Seeing that the Bonnington appears to have gotten off lightly compared to the previous hotels you reviewed, I do have hopes that we may be able to welcome you back in the future – if only to show that we can do much better.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

We had an amazing Club Deluxe Suite, room rates are very reasonable especially comparing with same standard of hotels nearby. Really comfortable and spacious. room, hotel is very stylish in design and feel throughout (felt like you were in a Mandarin Oriental Hotel). Location bit out of the way, but taxis are plentiful and cheap! Jumeirah lakes is a developing area, so like most of Dubai still has work going on around it. Healey's bar is chilled with attentive staff, shame the BokaBento restaurant not open yet. Leisure deck very nice especially in the evening, when you can enjoy the cool breeze after a hot day!(open till 11pm)
Look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
bonningtontower, Hotel Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Dear J&GShoreham,

Many thanks for your review!

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the room and the service.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Bonnington in the future when the area will be fully developed and BokaBento will also be open (we expect it to open Q1 2011, following the opening of our new Irish Pub this month).

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Booked Bonnington by recommendation from a friend. Five days for business and two extra days for pleasure. Arrived from Europe in the middle of the night and room service was perfect. I can recommend the chicken and avocado sandwich from the menu.
The rooms as spaces and the breakfast buffet are in a five star class. An important thing (for my wife) is really warm water in the showers. She was happy. I was happy with the personal service we got. One day my room key didn’t work and the staff first let me in the room then went down and got me a new key. Brilliant service!
The hotel guests are business people. I would gladly book it for my vacation. It was a close ride to the beach and shopping malls. The stay was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dear Jekblom,

Very many thanks for your review!

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your room, the service, and the food in Room Service and during breakfast.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to Dubai & the Bonnington in the not too distant future, whether for business or leisure!

Herts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

Very much a mixed bag at the Bonnington and depending on what you expect in a hotel, it will very much be for you or not.

In terms of value for money, space and quality of the apartments, the Bonnington clearly excels. Well appointed and clean rooms at value prices are very much the upside to the complex.

The downsides come on the service side. There is no doubt at all that the staff are always very friendly but there are aspects of service you’d expect in this style of accommodation that you simply don’t get here and left me thinking this was more of a 3-4* hotel than 4-5*.

Small examples: 1) Getting a drink/ the bill in the Authors Lounge (perhaps so named as you could write a book in the time it takes to get either); 2) Asked the concierge for a recommendation for a traditional restaurant, who duly booked us a taxi to dump us on JBR - not quite the objective; and 3) on Thursday’s ladies get three free drinks. My partner had a glass of white wine and the bar person told her of the three free drinks and asked whether she would like the next two in the lobby which she duly did. When the bill came they had charged for 3 drinks and their explanation was that the white wine wasn’t one of the drinks in the deal. Not what we were told and when pointed out I got a shrug of the shoulders. Great.

Location isn’t great but not a reason to be put off staying. It really depends what you are after - a nice place to stay or quality service as I didn’t feel it offered both.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Dear Crowgen,

Thank you very much for your review!

I am glad that you liked our apartments (which seems more than can be said about some of the hotels you visited in the past).

Please accept my sincere apologies for the service shortfall you experienced in the Authors’ Lounge. I have already looked at the staffing levels together with my Food & Beverage Manager and we have increased the manning in this area to ensure that there will be no service delays in the future.

I have also discussed the problems you faced during Ladies Night in Healey’s with him. While the drinks, which are part of this promotion, are clearly outlined on the entrance card that every lady gets on the night, I fully appreciate that you should have been clearly informed that white wine does not form part of the Ladies Night free drinks offer. The bar staff have been briefed to avoid similar issues in the future.

I have also spoken to our Concierges to ensure that guests are presented with more individual suggestions regarding restaurants. The Walk at JBR features a large variety of restaurants and cafes, some of which could be described as traditional; however, you should have certainly been given more choices.

Once again, many thanks & best regards,

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stayed in this hotel in december 2009, for my 18th birthday and what a birthday it was! It was the pre opening of the hotel when i stayed and was officially supposed to open not until Febraury 2010.

My room was spacious and very clean, the bathroom was big and everything i wanted out of a 5star room was provided, the room was spot less every day and i even had a sweet left in my room everyday, on the side of my bed!

All staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much. I personally loved the pool leisure deck and was amazed at the pool area, you could even sit and have lunch overlooking the view.

The breakfast was of a good variety and the service was expectional!

I couldnt no fault anything on this hotel my mum and dad choose a very nice hotel for me and my experience in dubai will always be rembered!

Booking this hotel is very worth while ! it is in a prime location and is easy accessible to all major attractions. Whether it be a business trip or just for leisure you will not be disapointed.

I want to return back to dubai in february 2010 for a 5 day break and would love the hotel to make me an offer for my stay, i was very pleased with this hotel and so will you! I had an excellent birthday, thankyou very much for your hospitality :D

sophiarose@live.co.uk
Portsmouth

• Stayed December 2009
bonningtontower, Hotel Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, November 13, 2010
Dear Sophia31,

Many thanks for your review!

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are planning to come back. Since you last stayed with us, we have added a lot of bells & whistles and the whole area around the hotel has made a lot of progress.

Our Reservations staff will contact you in regards to your future booking.

Hotel Manager

Been to Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers? Share your experiences!